Deus EX HR look better on WII U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/forget-boss-fights-deus-ex-on-wii-u-has-graphic-improvements-new-game-play in the article linked above it says that

"Right now, this is the best-looking Deus Ex, Pedneault said. It's even sharper than the PC version. While the game does look noticeably nicer than it did on 360 and PS3, I couldn't compare it to a high-end PC, and when I pressed Pendeault to be specific about performance differences, he would only say that the team has worked on adjusting the game's engine, and that the Wii U hardware helped with that task."

I recall Deus EX HR maxed out on pc was not the best looking pc game however it did look excellent in my opinion while maxed out at 1080p. I have seen the Wii U in action (with other games) and the graphics still seem kind of jaggy and no better than the 360 or ps3 graphics. Does the Wii U version honestly look better than the pc version maxed out at 1080p? I don't even see how that is possible. At the very least I would think Deus Ex HR running in 2560 X 1600 will certainly look better than the Wii u version. Can't wait to try that on my new monitor.

Being that there is no fee for game companies to add game updates on pc, hopefully the pc version will see some of the wii u updates.

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/forget-boss-fights-deus-ex-on-wii-u-has-graphic-improvements-new-game-play in the article linked above it says that

"Right now, this is the best-looking Deus Ex, Pedneault said. It's even sharper than the PC version. While the game does look noticeably nicer than it did on 360 and PS3, I couldn't compare it to a high-end PC, and when I pressed Pendeault to be specific about performance differences, he would only say that the team has worked on adjusting the game's engine, and that the Wii U hardware helped with that task."

I recall Deus EX HR maxed out on pc was not the best looking pc game however it did look excellent in my opinion while maxed out at 1080p. I have seen the Wii U in action (with other games) and the graphics still seem kind of jaggy and no better than the 360 or ps3 graphics. Does the Wii U version honestly look better than the pc version maxed out at 1080p? I don't even see how that is possible. At the very least I would think Deus Ex HR running in 2560 X 1600 will certainly look better than the Wii u version. Can't wait to try that on my new monitor.

Being that there is no fee for game companies to add game updates on pc, hopefully the pc version will see some of the wii u updates.

merigoldsass

PC version still gonna look better and play better with smoother framerate....

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="merigoldsass"]

II-Siamak-II

To be fair Deus Ex HR isn't that great looking and it's completely possible the Wii U version will look better seeing as this is 2 year after the game originally released. It's not likely, but it is possible. Of course we won't know until the game is released.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
"While the game does look noticeably nicer than it did on 360 and PS3, I couldn't compare it to a high-end PC" An office PC can max Deus Ex HR and that is no exaggeration, either the one making this article is close to being blind or as usual companies go berserk with their marketing exaggerations.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I played the 360 version, then I got a gaming PC and played it on that platform. It didn't really all that much better, sadly. So it's possible they upgraded the textures and optimized it somewhat, but I really doubt it would look as good as the original PC version... which is why the guy didn't include that platform in his little comparison.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

total hyper boil. The Wii-U cant even run games as good as the 360. How on earth will it compete with PC graphics.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

It's not comparable to the superior version that is PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

And whyyyyy is this in the PC section? The article said it's best on PC anyway. Keep this sh!t to SW

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Toxic-Seahorse

total hyper boil. The Wii-U cant even run games as good as the 360. How on earth will it compete with PC graphics.

bonafidetk

You shouldn't be talking about the subject if you believe that crap.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

[QUOTE="merigoldsass"]

Toxic-Seahorse

To be fair Deus Ex HR isn't that great looking and it's completely possible the Wii U version will look better seeing as this is 2 year after the game originally released. It's not likely, but it is possible. Of course we won't know until the game is released.

I doubt they're going to jump through hoops to make the Wii U version look better than the PC version, let alone make it look as good as the PC version. But like you said, we gotta wait for the release.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Granted the modified boss fights make it sound like the Wii U actually does get the better version. That was my only gripe with the game. If you went the stealth route, you got screwed.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

wii u version is not just a normal port. square is doing it right like port should be done. updating stuff, fixing stuff, more things, and yes graphics. So it may look up to par to PC virson but, dude did said he really couldn't compare it to high pc 

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

Elann2008

I doubt they're going to jump through hoops to make the Wii U version look better than the PC version, let alone make it look as good as the PC version. But like you said, we gotta wait for the release.

Well they already went through the trouble of changing the boss battles to where you don't have to go guns blazing. I'd imagine a small graphical update would be simpler than changing a part of the game.

If you went the stealth route, you got screwed.

Cwagmire21

Na, there's an easy way to take down every boss really quickly. Just use the typhoon. 2 direct hits and the boss is dead. The last boss is even easier but I'm not going to spoil it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

"While the game does look noticeably nicer than it did on 360 and PS3, I couldn't compare it to a high-end PC" An office PC can max Deus Ex HR and that is no exaggeration, either the one making this article is close to being blind or as usual companies go berserk with their marketing exaggerations.DanielDust

Eh that is a exaggeration when a office computer would have a onboard video card and not a dedicated one.. 

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

Toxic-Seahorse

have you actually seen the wii-u running multi-plat games? Worse graphics and FPS problems than the 360 on every one I've seen.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

It's even sharper than the PC version. While the game does look noticeably nicer than it did on 360 and PS3, I couldn't compare it to a high-end PC,

quote from OP

This guy doesn't even know what he's saying.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

bonafidetk

have you actually seen the wii-u running multi-plat games? Worse graphics and FPS problems than the 360 on every one I've seen.

That's due to lazy ports with little effort made. Saints Row 2 for PC was an awful port and had all sorts of problems, is the PC now inferior to the PS3 and 360 because of it? No. Multiple devs have said the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 and 360, you're just too ignorant to know that. Don't get all your info from system wars, either that or just stick to there. You'll fit right in.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Does it matter, it will sell like 3 copies.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Toxic-Seahorse
Does it matter, it will sell like 3 copies. nutcrackr
this isn't system wars.....
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

It's entirely possible. I wouldn't call Human Revolution a graphical stunner. It completely removes the yellow tint filter on the Wii-U and probably has some redone textures/assets.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nutcrackr
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]Does it matter, it will sell like 3 copies. Toxic-Seahorse

Exactly, this thread shouldn't even be in this forum.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

HR looks really good on pc. havent seen it on a console before. but i doubt it looks better. sounds like a console fanboy thing to say. pc will always look better

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="nutcrackr"]Does it matter, it will sell like 3 copies. nutcrackr

Still doesn't justify your post.
merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

HR looks really good on pc. havent seen it on a console before. but i doubt it looks better. sounds like a console fanboy thing to say. pc will always look better

_SKatEDiRt_

i have seen Deus Ex HR on ps3 and it looks know where near as good as the pc version. (just like every other game)

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nutcrackr
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="nutcrackr"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] this isn't system wars.....

Still doesn't justify your post.

Sorry I mistook this system wars like thread for a system wars thread!
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

_SKatEDiRt_
Call me picky but HR looks distractingly poor in the graphics department to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it comes off looking like an earlier gen console game.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

HR didn't exactly have mind blowing graphics, so I wouldn't be surprised if they touched up the engine enough to make it look best on Wii U, especially with the other changes (like boss fights that play out like they should have from the start).

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
Unless they actually change the engine, then no of course it won't look better on a console.
Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

DX HR looks amazing with ENB, it takes away the yellow filter & adds really good AO, the Wii U version won't top that

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]"While the game does look noticeably nicer than it did on 360 and PS3, I couldn't compare it to a high-end PC" An office PC can max Deus Ex HR and that is no exaggeration, either the one making this article is close to being blind or as usual companies go berserk with their marketing exaggerations.sSubZerOo

Eh that is a exaggeration when a office computer would have a onboard video card and not a dedicated one.. 

I didn't say any trash office PC you can find, 250$ is what most cost and yeah they do have integrated graphics, but at 300$ you can find a lot of models with various GPUs from Nvidia and ATI that would max DE HR no problem.
f3kuinth3a55gs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 f3kuinth3a55gs
Member since 2011 • 50 Posts

@DanielDust: yeah maybe an office pc built for autocad... Try turning on tesselation and 8xmsaa on your average office pc though and it will implode.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@f3kuinth3a55gs: Not sure why you bumped that thread for pretty much nothing

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

Preparing to kick to System Wars in 3... 2... 1...

Edit: Kick cancelled. Noticed the OP only has 400 post.

Edit 2: Didn't even see it was a Necro thread. Locked.

f3kuinth3a55gs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 f3kuinth3a55gs
Member since 2011 • 50 Posts

@MonsieurX: Not sure why you felt the need to make that comment.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@f3kuinth3a55gs said:

@MonsieurX: Not sure why you felt the need to make that comment.

Because it's a year old thread

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

Don't know why anyone would even be bothered by this if it's true, DXHR was released 3 years ago and was a console port to boot. I think it's just good news that the Wii U is actually getting 3rd party games.