Deciding between two mechanical keyboards.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Doolz2024 (9593 posts) -

The Corsair K70

Or the Cooler Master Storm Quickfire

The K70 is currently out of stock, I was thinking about waiting for it, but the CM seems like a solid choice as well, which would you recommend?

Thanks.

Also I will add, if anyone has a suggestion for another mechanical (brown switch, please) feel free to share.

#2 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3429 posts) -

I have the K70 and I love it. It's the only mechanical keyboard I've ever used so I have no comparison.

#3 Posted by KABCOOL (1144 posts) -

K70 for sure. If I was going to buy a new keyboard, thats what I would 100% go with!

#4 Posted by Doolz2024 (9593 posts) -

I've thought about it a little more, think I'll wait on the K70. Thanks for the responses, lock if you want to.

#5 Posted by --Anna-- (4489 posts) -

Get a Deck kb...none better.

#6 Posted by General_X (9023 posts) -

I've used the Quickfire and the Noppoo Choc Mini both with Brown Switches, I don't like the materials that the Quickfire uses for its keys compared to the Choc Mini so I don't recommend it as much. I don't have experience with the K70 unfortunately.

#7 Posted by IvanElk (3798 posts) -

K70 is better in my opinion (I have k70 brown switches), I haven't had experience with the quickfire my self but I was in a similar situation (I was looking at the quickfire too) and I am glad I got the k70. It feels like it was built very well and the metal back plate is nice. Also the media keys are a nice touch and I do like them. One of the big factors for me was it coming with a wrist wrest as when I game it is more comfortable to rest my hand on one.

The black lighting is the shit with the way the switches are above the backplate of the keyboard (gives a cool halo effect).

#8 Posted by PredatorRules (7099 posts) -

CM Trigger if you could find it, other than that Tt eSports Poseidon

#9 Posted by schu (9217 posts) -

Quickfire is OK for an entry level mechanical but I'm not a fan of it myself. I feel like its kind of cheaply constructed and some of the keys pop off very easily. I would spend the extra 20-30 and get something better next time.

#10 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard all day, everyday son.

#11 Edited by Postosuchus (134 posts) -

I've got the k60 and it's quite nice, I imagine the k70 is similar. Just be aware it requires 2 usb ports and won't work with even a ps/2 adapter.