Dead Space 2 Invalid Serial Number?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Hi everyone, i just came back from the shops and picked up Dead Space 2, i installed the game and then it asked for my serial number so i entered the 20 digits into the box but everytime i click next it comes up with an error message that reads "Invalid Serial Number".

It's really stressing me out here as i wanted to play the game and it just doesn't want to work, i've heard others have had this problem too when the game first came out but surely they must have fixed it by now.

Has this happened to anyone else? can you please help me.

#2 Posted by Planeforger (15535 posts) -
Try talking to Origin's support team. They should be able to fix this for you.
#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Thanks for the suggestion and it's a real shame too i was really looking forward to playing this game tonight. I'll try talking to them over the phone and see what happens.

#4 Posted by OgreB (2523 posts) -
Make sure you don't confuse Os with 0s
#5 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
Make sure you don't confuse Os with 0sOgreB
and I for l (i for L)
#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Believe me i wish it was that easy, i don't have any number/letter combinations of those sort. I've searched on google and it's a problem that many people have encountered with the game, but that was at launch and most have claimed the problem was fixed.

I tried re-installing the game too but that did nothing, i'll just have to swallow my pride and call them. I can't be the only one on gamespot to experience this though right? I have the hard copy of the game, i think most people that bought this game through steam/online have had their problem resolved.

#7 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Believe me i wish it was that easy, i don't have any number/letter combinations of those sort. I've searched on google and it's a problem that many people have encountered with the game, but that was at launch and most have claimed the problem was fixed.

I tried re-installing the game too but that did nothing, i'll just have to swallow my pride and call them. I can't be the only one on gamespot to experience this though right? I have the hard copy of the game, i think most people that bought this game through steam/online have had their problem resolved.

BattleSpectre
I have a retail copy and I bought it around launch. I guess I was lucky but I have heard of this issue.
#8 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Sorry to dig this thread out again but i have some GREAT news :D

After two days of contacting EA and talking with an EA Advisor online i have finally resolved my issue. Something with my serial number didn't want to work so in the end i had to download Origin and the advisor sent me a new code which i then activated through Origin and it worked instantly and the activation was successful.

I can finally play Dead Space 2!! haha i'm so happy. Once again thanks to everyone that tried to help me out.

#9 Posted by GazaAli (22503 posts) -
First world problems.
#10 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

First world problems.GazaAli
Lol, i'm just happy i can play this great game now. I'm sure we can both agree it gets pretty frustrating when you buy a game and it doesn't work.