dead rising raising hell with system requirements! (minimum only)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

the minimum system requirements for DR2 are as follows:

Dead Rising 2 minimum system requirements
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.4GHz / AMD Athlon X2 at 2.2 GHz or better
Video Card : 512 MB VRAM - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS / ATI Radeon HD 3850 or better
Memory : 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk : 8.5 GB of free Hard Drive space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Direct X : 10.0
Controls : Keyboard & Mouse
Installation : DVD-ROM Drive
Other : Internet Connection required for activation

Note: Internet connection required for game activation.

so it will have some DRM but otherwise not too shabby. i look on expectantly

time to kick it like a pro!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lollipop+lil+wayne&aq=1

#2 Posted by RyviusRan (558 posts) -

The requirements are not too high just kind of weird for the gpu to be like that on minimum.

Reminds me of FF 14.....

Hopefully it is not that bad.

#3 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
You should always take PC game requirements with a grain of salt...
#4 Posted by mouthforbathory (2114 posts) -

All the requirements seem fine, though yes, the graphics requirements are pretty overly high in accordance to what we'll get unless the game will lack graphics settings features. That I would doubt though, since Capcom has always been good about releasing ports to PC without any crazy graphical hurdles. It is interesting to see it's a DX10 required game like Just Cause 2 was, therefore it requires Vista or Win7 which justifies the game to "require" 2 GB of RAM as well.

#5 Posted by STOCKMAN22 (415 posts) -

sven posted the requirements 3 weelsa ago here

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/25623521/Quick_question_what_are_the_specs_for_Dead_Rising_2_for_the_pc

it wil still work on xp steam has made a mistake it seems...

#6 Posted by FrostMTG (471 posts) -

Uhm.

Joke thread? Those requirements aren't even high at all.

Seriously guys, if you're running a 6800 ultra, pentium 4 and 1 GB of RAM or something, it's not gonna play anything nowadays. time to upgrade, and 8800 is pretty old.

#7 Posted by thespywholied (3354 posts) -

Uhm.

Joke thread? Those requirements aren't even high at all.

Seriously guys, if you're running a 6800 ultra, pentium 4 and 1 GB of RAM or something, it's not gonna play anything nowadays. time to upgrade, and 8800 is pretty old.

FrostMTG

I wonder the same thing LOL.

6800 is like 6 years old? Or?

#8 Posted by Buttons1990 (3167 posts) -

The requirements are not too high just kind of weird for the gpu to be like that on minimum.

Reminds me of FF 14.....

RyviusRan

How is needing at least a 3 year (2007) old GPU on a game in 2010 "weird" ?

Also, this game is probably like all of the other multiplats released on consoles... There probably isn't going to be a wide variety of options... Just like Splinter Cell, AC1/2... It will basically be the console version with AA and the ability to change your resolution...

#9 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyviusRan"]

Reminds me of FF 14.....

Buttons1990

Also, this game is probably like all of the other multiplats released on consoles... There probably isn't going to be a wide variety of options... Just like Splinter Cell, AC1/2... It will basically be the console version with AA and the ability to change your resolution...

if that!

singularity.. *shudders*

#10 Posted by Mochyc (4421 posts) -
Yeah, I remember when the 8800GT was the bomb, having a quad core was amazing and nobody ever needed more than 3gb of ram. Times they are a'changing.
#11 Posted by Hakkai007 (4905 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyviusRan"]

Reminds me of FF 14.....

Buttons1990

Well considering dead rising 2 will be running on consoles too I would think the minimum requires would be lower since an 8800gt is around 3 times better than anything on consoles.

I already tried the Lost Planet 2 benchmark and was getting an average of 41 FPS on high settings at 1680x1050.

And that was with an 8800gt.

Heck I played Metro 2033 at very high directx 10 settings at 1440x900 just fine.

With directx 9 settings it ran fine at very high and 1680x1050.

So it seems a little weird that it is now set as a minimum requirement.

If these standards are true I expect the highest settings to blow consoles away and give crysis a good beating.

Otherwise this sounds like an unoptimized game.

#12 Posted by Hakkai007 (4905 posts) -

Yeah, I remember when the 8800GT was the bomb, having a quad core was amazing and nobody ever needed more than 3gb of ram. Times they are a'changing.Mochyc

I have 2 gigs and never ran into any problem with any vanilla game.

Only when very high texture mods come into play do I need more RAM.

#13 Posted by face_ripper (968 posts) -

My PC can run it, but I don't see them being that steep.

I just hope the DRM isn't like that of AC2.