dead island registration code says its already been used

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts

so i purchased dead island rom eb games the other day, today i tried installing it, but when i entered the registration key it said its already been used, wtf am i suppose to do now? any help would be great

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Did you get a gutted copy? If so, go back to the store, tell them what happened and demand a sealed copy.

mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

Same thing happened to me when I bought it. You need to contact steam support. Make a ticket and all that. You'll then have to send a picture of the cd-key and of the receipt. Took around 5 days for them to resolve the problem, and that was during the winter sale, so I guess it'll be quicker for you.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Did you get a gutted copy? If so, go back to the store, tell them what happened and demand a sealed copy.

Legendaryscmt
thats the wierd thing, it was sealed up and everything, i usually never buy games there, and now i for sure never will again
mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

thats the wierd thing, it was sealed up and everything, i usually never buy games there, and now i for sure never will again

Has nothing to do with the retailer. It's a problem with the game. If you return it you might get lucky and get a working cdkey but otherwise you'll have to go through the steam customer service.

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Gamestop/EB Games are known to re-seal used games and sell them as new. A good friend of mine worked at one. That's why I don't really buy games from there anymore. I would return it, get a refund, and take your business elsewhere.

genocidecu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 genocidecu
Member since 2011 • 103 Posts

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

WiiRocks66

Gamestop/EB Games are known to re-seal used games and sell them as new. A good friend of mine worked at one. That's why I don't really buy games from there anymore. I would return it, get a refund, and take your business elsewhere.

Thats why i stoped shopping there too

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
[QUOTE="genocidecu"]

[QUOTE="WiiRocks66"]

thats the wierd thing, it was sealed up and everything, i usually never buy games there, and now i for sure never will againTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Thats why i stoped shopping there too

ya iv always heard rumors that they did that, dead island was the first game iv bought there in years, and it will be the last lol
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Bring it back with your copy an demand a new one..

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It has nothing to do with EB games...I had the same problem when I purchased my copy from newegg.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

It has nothing to do with EB games...I had the same problem when I purchased my copy from newegg.

JangoWuzHere
ya its a widespread problem apparantly, even on the dead island site they metion it themselves in the support area of the website. ill still just blame eb tho lol
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
This happened before to me with Dawn of War 2, I'm never gonna buy a PC game from Gamestop.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Legendaryscmt
Pretty much this. It's unfair.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

You will NOT get a refund from EB games, and if you do i'll be surprised as hell.

You could try going back and explaining to them what happened, maybe you'll get lucky.