AzNaLaN15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 AzNaLaN15
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

Tried to do a search but only come up with comparisons between Dawn of War 2 to just Company of Heroes 1.

Anyone prefer one over the other and why?

Thanks guys.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Single player wise: Company Of Heroes 2 is very similar to Company Of Heroes.

It's actually a step backwards, Company Of Heroes had in-engine, incredibly cinematic gameplay.

Company Of Heroes 2 by comparison features cheap looking FMV's from 1998 and (at launch) seems more interesting with spamming as much dlc as possible. even the main menu for the game is a large advertizement, with the actual system menu, a tiny little box.

Dawn Of War 2, while repetitive and simplstic, was very fun and did try something new. It also featured several very good expansion packs better than the main game. Sadly, in later life, it too resorted to DLC spammage.

In general, Relic are a great developer eroded by greedy business practice.

ivaturk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ivaturk
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

That Dreadnought would be a great mate to have. Hey guys come over here and see this, I've got a mate that can wipe-out that whole street. Come and see for yourselves if you don't believe me.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Dawn of War 2 has more personality and I enjoy the faction variety. However CoH2's servers mean that it is a much smoother experience online so ultimately its the better experience. I've put over 400 hours into both though, so I really enjoy(ed) both games.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I enjoy both, but CoH has a lot more tactical movement and unit/ability use to me, DoW caters more to the zerg mob waves and arcadey style games. Nothing wrong or better than either in my opinion, they just seem to cater to different things. Overall I enjoy CoH a bit more, but like teeth said, DoW has some more personality, and the singleplayer campaign is better than CoH2's.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I enjoyed both but Dawn of War 2 is the clear winner for me. I'm not the biggest fan of WW1 or WW2 settings though and love Sci-Fi and Warhammer/40k so my opinion may not mean much in terms of which is the better game. I do love how tactical thinking can really pay off in the CoH series though and they are very solid games.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Dawn of War 2, I love RTS games but sadly CoH games don't appeal to me

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#8 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Dawn of War 2 was incredibly boring to me. Exceptionally simplistic given the amazing pedigree of the original game and most of its expansions.

While I didn't enjoy Company of Heroes 2 as much as the first, I did enjoy it much more than Dawn of War 2.