darksiders + mouse/keyboard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by marilyn_78 (13 posts) -

will i be able to play this fine with keyboard + mouse? just curious.

#2 Posted by anolecrabcf (658 posts) -
Yep
#3 Posted by voswouter87 (3 posts) -
Can you explain how? I bought the game and cannot play it at the moment. The game does not respond to any input and the camara is on the ground looking at War's face spinning around him. This makes it impossible to see an opponent and it makes me really dizzy. I can't find any option to let the game know I'm trying to use keyboard and mouse instead of a controller, is there any in the menu's or something? Just another example of a cheap port to the PC, there clearly has been no effort made to let the game know it's running on a PC instead of an Xbox.
#4 Posted by Lach0121 (9869 posts) -

Can you explain how? I bought the game and cannot play it at the moment. The game does not respond to any input and the camara is on the ground looking at War's face spinning around him. This makes it impossible to see an opponent and it makes me really dizzy. I can't find any option to let the game know I'm trying to use keyboard and mouse instead of a controller, is there any in the menu's or something? Just another example of a cheap port to the PC, there clearly has been no effort made to let the game know it's running on a PC instead of an Xbox.voswouter87

lol try starting the game, load it up, without the controller plugged in.

I have annoying y and x all over the screen on HAWX unless I unplug my 360 controller. (I use thrustmaster hotas Flight-x, and I don't want to see the y button on my target lol)

#5 Posted by voswouter87 (3 posts) -
Thats exactly what I tried, don't have a controller.
#6 Posted by with_teeth26 (6187 posts) -

I've been using a mouse/keyboard just fine with the game. i have heard about the problem your having, i heard its caused if any controller or joystick is plugged into your computer apart from your keyboard/mouse.

#7 Posted by voswouter87 (3 posts) -
Thanks, actually I had a steering wheel plugged in! Pulling it out solved the problem.
#8 Posted by CaptorHax (1 posts) -
Alright so i have just purchased this game and read the forum. I have nothing plugged in other than a logitech g500 and a belkin n52te. And it still thinks i have a controller what should i do?
#9 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

Alright so i have just purchased this game and read the forum. I have nothing plugged in other than a logitech g500 and a belkin n52te. And it still thinks i have a controller what should i do?CaptorHax

itd thr belkin.. yank it

#10 Posted by adit942 (117 posts) -

yes you can , but i gotta warn u , you're better off playing with a gamepad , cos at some points in the game its gets frustratingly difficult because of the pc controls

#11 Posted by FUBAR3535 (1 posts) -
hi i got the same problem i thought it was the g12 so unplugged it n restarted the game with only the keybroad, mouse n headset plugged in still no joy *sigh* , i kinda need them for playin since i don't want n shouldn't have get a new play pad for the pc to play it
#13 Posted by lgshen (2 posts) -
Can anyone tell me how to press the on the key when hero goes in the circle and exits the other circle and make the hero get the high or long jump ? I play on PC, and default keyboard set up ... !! thanks
#14 Posted by denter21 (1283 posts) -
[QUOTE="lgshen"]Can anyone tell me how to press the on the key when hero goes in the circle and exits the other circle and make the hero get the high or long jump ? I play on PC, and default keyboard set up ... !! thanks

Default control is to press the middle mouse button down I believe for the portals.. to supercharge the portal you need to hold it down for a second or two.