CyberPower refund.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brainiac24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brainiac24
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
My friend got his computer from Cyberpower and loved it at the beginning but soon he started getting problems all around. His CPU went crazy-hot, his graphics card was defective, and his RAM too. He drove to them 5 times which takes him an hour, so naturally he got pissed. But each time he got it back there was a new problem, or existing ones were not fixed. So he wants a refund after 5 months... do you think it's possible?
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts
this is why i dotn buy prebuilts. when i build it myself I put it togher the right way. I dont think thye will give youa  refund. If your've opened the case dont even boither trying. That voids warrenty.
brainiac24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brainiac24
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
this is why i dotn buy prebuilts. when i build it myself I put it togher the right way. I dont think thye will give youa refund. If your've opened the case dont even boither trying. That voids warrenty.
ForlornHope
how can they prove if he opened it?
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ForlornHope
[QUOTE="ForlornHope"]this is why i dotn buy prebuilts. when i build it myself I put it togher the right way. I dont think thye will give youa refund. If your've opened the case dont even boither trying. That voids warrenty.
brainiac24
how can they prove if he opened it?

im not sure i dont buy prebuilds. i just know it voids warrenty.
bluealien2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bluealien2
Member since 2006 • 930 Posts
You probabley not get a refund. And they can tell if it's void if the sticker is ripped on the back... If it was that bad he should have returned it the first month. And if he opened it, I'm betting it's his fault if he opened the case, because CyberPower knows what their doing, they know how to build PC's...
dixiee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dixiee
Member since 2005 • 1060 Posts
No, I don't know why you would buy a pc from such a crappy company like Cyberpower or Ibuypower. They make it look good but it ain't. If you get a computer, build it yourself or buy it from a company like Dell.
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ForlornHope
No, I don't know why you would buy a pc from such a crappy company like Cyberpower or Ibuypower. They make it look good but it ain't. If you get a computer, build it yourself or buy it from a company like Dell.dixiee

:lol: dell...
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deamon321
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts
[QUOTE="dixiee"]No, I don't know why you would buy a pc from such a crappy company like Cyberpower or Ibuypower. They make it look good but it ain't. If you get a computer, build it yourself or buy it from a company like Dell.ForlornHope

well im the friend.... so there was no sticker there and there isnt now so there is no way to prove it. Would they give a refund??? im,a get really mad at them cuz every friggin time i take it they literally do nothing to fix it and it always has even more problems. (oh they even friggin broke my hardrive somehow and i lost all my info). What if i was a lawyer and had case files on there? anyways i lost a lot of valuble info.
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deamon321
[QUOTE="dixiee"]No, I don't know why you would buy a pc from such a crappy company like Cyberpower or Ibuypower. They make it look good but it ain't. If you get a computer, build it yourself or buy it from a company like Dell.ForlornHope

well im the friend.... so there was no sticker there and there isnt now so there is no way to prove it. Would they give a refund??? im,a get really mad at them cuz every friggin time i take it they literally do nothing to fix it and it always has even more problems. (oh they even friggin broke my hardrive somehow and i lost all my info). What if i was a lawyer and had case files on there? anyways i lost a lot of valuble info.
dixiee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dixiee

It's really not funny. Why do people laugh when I say Dell. Dell is a good company, maybe a million times better than Cyberpower. Guess you never owned one... The point is you wouldn't get crap like this from dell.
dixiee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dixiee
[QUOTE="ForlornHope"][QUOTE="dixiee"]No, I don't know why you would buy a pc from such a crappy company like Cyberpower or Ibuypower. They make it look good but it ain't. If you get a computer, build it yourself or buy it from a company like Dell.Deamon321

God, thats crazy. Maybe. Broke a hard drive AND THEY BUILD COMPUTERS!!!???
0utc4st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 0utc4st
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts

You should go to there website and start reading over there RMA policies maybe you can find something there that can help you.

Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deamon321
[QUOTE="ForlornHope"][QUOTE="dixiee"]No, I don't know why you would buy a pc from such a crappy company like Cyberpower or Ibuypower. They make it look good but it ain't. If you get a computer, build it yourself or buy it from a company like Dell.dixiee

It's really not funny. Why do people laugh when I say Dell. Dell is a good company, maybe a million times better than Cyberpower. Guess you never owned one... The point is you wouldn't get crap like this from dell.

I had a dell for 5 years b4 this pc and it served me well, excellent service, NEVER EVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT 4 5 YEARS. i loved that thing. it was just overpriced but its ok, u get ur moneys worth.
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Deamon321
BTW, so do u guys think I can get a refund because they sold me a defective product and they are basically refusing to fix it cuz they say they cant replace the parts.
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
BTW, so do u guys think I can get a refund because they sold me a defective product and they are basically refusing to fix it cuz they say they cant replace the parts. Deamon321
Of course. It would only damage their reputation if they didn't. But if they don't care about their reputation, then you propably will get nothing.
DevilHacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DevilHacker
Member since 2004 • 140 Posts
try writing a review on the consumer reports website so more people will hear of your problems.
drucom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 drucom
Member since 2004 • 766 Posts
You probabley not get a refund. And they can tell if it's void if the sticker is ripped on the back... If it was that bad he should have returned it the first month. And if he opened it, I'm betting it's his fault if he opened the case, because CyberPower knows what their doing, they know how to build PC's...bluealien2
CybePower a good company? An economic explanation leads me to believe CyberPower is a bad company. First of all, they basically charge no profit for all the parts you buy (as they buy in bulk). Although this seems good for you, it's not, and there is a reason. With such low profits, incentive to make a good computer with all the parts you ordered is low. Get out of here, CyberPower knows what they're doing.
dixiee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dixiee
BTW, so do u guys think I can get a refund because they sold me a defective product and they are basically refusing to fix it cuz they say they cant replace the parts. Deamon321
Nah I still don't think so. Its a shame, but no. That doesn't mean you should still try. Maybe if you talked to someone important...
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deamon321
[QUOTE="Deamon321"]BTW, so do u guys think I can get a refund because they sold me a defective product and they are basically refusing to fix it cuz they say they cant replace the parts. dixiee
Nah I still don't think so. Its a shame, but no. That doesn't mean you should still try. Maybe if you talked to someone important...

true my dad is actually going to write a letter to their supervisor. im sick of driving there and getting nothing fixed.
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
To all of you singing Dell's praises, i guess "Hard disk 0 failure" means nothing to you...........
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Deamon321
To all of you singing Dell's praises, i guess "Hard disk 0 failure" means nothing to you...........DGFreak
what????
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Deamon321
[QUOTE="DGFreak"]To all of you singing Dell's praises, i guess "Hard disk 0 failure" means nothing to you...........Deamon321
what????

bump...
aft_lizard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aft_lizard01
Member since 2005 • 2132 Posts
this is why i dotn buy prebuilts. when i build it myself I put it togher the right way. I dont think thye will give youa  refund. If your've opened the case dont even boither trying. That voids warrenty.
ForlornHope
Thats a new one on me that opening a case voids a prebuilts warranty, most will tell you that the new part will not be covered and any damages it may cause.
aft_lizard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aft_lizard01
[QUOTE="ForlornHope"][QUOTE="dixiee"]No, I don't know why you would buy a pc from such a crappy company like Cyberpower or Ibuypower. They make it look good but it ain't. If you get a computer, build it yourself or buy it from a company like Dell.Deamon321

They are all going by bogey man stories that rarely exist anymore, most companies don't put the void if sticker is removed or torn anymore.
aft_lizard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 aft_lizard01
To all of you singing Dell's praises, i guess "Hard disk 0 failure" means nothing to you...........DGFreak
Nope, if they never had that issue and 40 million other dell owners did't then its relative meaning to us is nope.
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
well why doesnt he just call and say to them, that everytime you get the computer to fix it, you ruin it?
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Deamon321
well why doesnt he just call and say to them, that everytime you get the computer to fix it, you ruin it? 9mmSpliff
which is what my dad did, he wrote a ltter then hes been trying to reach theyre stupid superviser who never seems to be "available". lat time i was there i saw something that made me feel pity and mortified. THEY ONLY HAD 1 PERSON ANSWERING THE PHONES ON TECH SUPPORT!!! 1 poor guy helping every single person.