Custom cooling laptop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I'm just curious if there was a way to cool my laptop in addition to the dual fan setup to try to drop the temps as much as I can. I know heat is going to be an issue no matter what so I'm trying to do preventive maintenance. The model is the MSI GT72 which has the vents on the bottom. I know about the laptop cooler but I was wondering if maybe there was something I could use that didn't take up so much space?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

I'm just curious if there was a way to cool my laptop in addition to the dual fan setup to try to drop the temps as much as I can. I know heat is going to be an issue no matter what so I'm trying to do preventive maintenance. The model is the MSI GT72 which has the vents on the bottom. I know about the laptop cooler but I was wondering if maybe there was something I could use that didn't take up so much space?

Not sure how laptop pad would take more space because the laptop is sitting on it and it's in the size of the laptop; I've got no idea how you could cool it better, maybe if you'd find a way to play on an ice cold metal.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Put it in the fridge.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RimacBugatti

@PredatorRules: Well heat is the number one enemy supposedly and I did see some images of a water cooled laptop but I don't know if they are made that way or if it was fake. One thing I noticed on some laptops is the exhaust vents look very functional but the intake vents on some don't look to be as efficient. I guess maybe refraining from overclocking would be a good start?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@PredatorRules: Well heat is the number one enemy supposedly and I did see some images of a water cooled laptop but I don't know if they are made that way or if it was fake. One thing I noticed on some laptops is the exhaust vents look very functional but the intake vents on some don't look to be as efficient. I guess maybe refraining from overclocking would be a good start?

OC a gaming laptop? you want to burn you brand new laptop? I wouldn't even think about OC any laptop unless it's cooled with liquid nitrogen

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RimacBugatti

@PredatorRules: Ok yeah I didn't think it would be a good idea.