crystal dynamics: pc gamers will have alot to smile about playing tomb raider

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

a tomb raider reboot is finally going to talk pc. and pc gamers, they claim will be able to rest easy knowing that they will take advantage of pc hardware. or at least this is their claim. while he refused to go into details today. he made mention of a "yet" which would at least to me means those interested should keep and ear to the floor listening for tremors someday soon.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/04/tomb-raider-reboot-will-make-pc-gamers-very-very-happy/

#2 Posted by SovietsUnited (2321 posts) -

They'd make me smile if they officially announced a conclusive sequel to Legacy of Kain. After all, it's been a very, very long time.

On-topic: Glad to hear it, new Tomb Raider looks pretty awesome, no matter how annoying it is.

#3 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

im eager to try tomb raider myself, looks like a nice new change in the series staple formula

#4 Posted by Lach0121 (9874 posts) -

They'd make me smile if they officially announced a conclusive sequel to Legacy of Kain. After all, it's been a very, very long time.

On-topic: Glad to hear it, new Tomb Raider looks pretty awesome, no matter how annoying it is.

SovietsUnited

For your off-topic comment, incase you didn't know, Gog.com has 3, or 4 of the Legacy of Kain games for download from their site now.

On-topic, I enjoyed the latest 2 Tomb Raider games. I really like exploring underwater in the last one, just wish it actually had more underwater segments.

I am looking forward to this game. Honestly as long as it looks a little better than consoles I will be happy, however what I am more worried with is that it is optimized, and actually runs great.

#5 Posted by biggest_loser (24063 posts) -
I'm very worried about this game. I read two hands-on previews recently and they weren't particularly positive. Its such a shame because the people making this game genuinely sound like they're trying. They're not out to make a quick buck! :(
#6 Posted by kozzy1234 (35266 posts) -

SovietsUnited

God I loved the Legacy Of Kain games! Especially the original 2d version. The 3d ones were good to, but yeah I could LOVE a new game in the series (:

#7 Posted by Emraldo (1959 posts) -

I would kill for a new Legacy of Kain game. Raziel is my all-time favourite character in any game ever. [spoiler] They'd have to find a way to bring him back as a playable character though! [/spoiler]

#8 Posted by SovietsUnited (2321 posts) -

I would kill for a new Legacy of Kain game. Raziel is my all-time favourite character in any game ever. [spoiler] They'd have to find a way to bring him back as a playable character though! [/spoiler]

Emraldo

I'd like that as well, but

[spoiler] I'm afraid it's not possible. Raziel became the soul devouring entity trapped in the reaver, that's what his destiny has always been. His story is over. [/spoiler]

#9 Posted by teardropmina (2806 posts) -

just hope the game is 3D surround ready out of the box...

#10 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

im eager to try tomb raider myself, looks like a nice new change in the series staple formula

wis3boi

I don't know how I feel about it.

At first I thought it would be about some hardcore survival with the mentions of bandaging your wounds and having to use tools as weapons, but then gameplay videos show it to be like Uncharted with a chance of creepy sexual assault, but then Uncharted is a really great series, but then again so many games are trying to be like Uncharted andGod I don't know what to think!!!

#11 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

SPYDER0416

I don't know how I feel about it.

At first I thought it would be about some hardcore survival with the mentions of bandaging your wounds and having to use tools as weapons, but then gameplay videos show it to be like Uncharted with a chance of creepy sexual assault, but then Uncharted is a really great series, but then again so many games are trying to be like Uncharted andGod I don't know what to think!!!

not like TR was all that different from UC, just a lot of 'block jumping' and 'pole swinging' if you know what I mean. The new game looks a lot more 'natural'...hard for me to describe

#12 Posted by SharkheadHD (231 posts) -

a tomb raider reboot is finally going to talk pc. and pc gamers, they claim will be able to rest easy knowing that they will take advantage of pc hardware. or at least this is their claim. while he refused to go into details today. he made mention of a "yet" which would at least to me means those interested should keep and ear to the floor listening for tremors someday soon.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/04/tomb-raider-reboot-will-make-pc-gamers-very-very-happy/

ionusX
This is great news I think. For people who don't own a PS3, they were probably wondering if it was going to turn into another Sony exclusive game like the Uncharted series. To the relief of Xbox-only owners it will also be for their console! More Lara Croft for EVERYONE :D
#13 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
I was probably one of the few people excited about the "new" Tomb Raider when it was announced and the change of direction it was taking. After watching some gameplay videos, I am not so sure any more. Some of the gameplay videos made it look like a rollercoaster, linear, hand-holding experience similar to Uncharted. I think they need to display more videos where they show less rollercoaster action, and show stronger elements in the game. VIsually, and in its theme, it's leaps and bounds above the original Tomb Raider games. I'm glad they finally took a new direction in the series but I'm still skeptical about the gameplay. If it's more like Uncharted, I'll probably be annoyed.
#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16694 posts) -

I'm sureCrystal Dynamics will deliver a stellar PC version, I would love to see some PC screenshots/videos

#15 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

They really do want us to max out Lara after all...

#16 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

I was probably one of the few people excited about the "new" Tomb Raider when it was announced and the change of direction it was taking. After watching some gameplay videos, I am not so sure any more. Some of the gameplay videos made it look like a rollercoaster, linear, hand-holding experience similar to Uncharted. I think they need to display more videos where they show less rollercoaster action, and show stronger elements in the game. VIsually, and in its theme, it's leaps and bounds above the original Tomb Raider games. I'm glad they finally took a new direction in the series but I'm still skeptical about the gameplay. If it's more like Uncharted, I'll probably be annoyed.Elann2008
Here's one for ya, it has exploring!

#17 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I was probably one of the few people excited about the "new" Tomb Raider when it was announced and the change of direction it was taking. After watching some gameplay videos, I am not so sure any more. Some of the gameplay videos made it look like a rollercoaster, linear, hand-holding experience similar to Uncharted. I think they need to display more videos where they show less rollercoaster action, and show stronger elements in the game. VIsually, and in its theme, it's leaps and bounds above the original Tomb Raider games. I'm glad they finally took a new direction in the series but I'm still skeptical about the gameplay. If it's more like Uncharted, I'll probably be annoyed.mitu123

Wait.. so it's open-world? If so, NICE.
#18 Posted by mep69 (1868 posts) -
Sounds good, this game looks really eye catching to me :)
#19 Posted by GazaAli (23019 posts) -

Emraldo
That is what I came to say. I want a reboot of the legacy of kain series.
#20 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -
this game will either be really good or really bad IMO. So far Im cautious. I think the devs are trying really hard to make something different but seem to be constrained with scripted action sequence nonsense.
#21 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I was probably one of the few people excited about the "new" Tomb Raider when it was announced and the change of direction it was taking. After watching some gameplay videos, I am not so sure any more. Some of the gameplay videos made it look like a rollercoaster, linear, hand-holding experience similar to Uncharted. I think they need to display more videos where they show less rollercoaster action, and show stronger elements in the game. VIsually, and in its theme, it's leaps and bounds above the original Tomb Raider games. I'm glad they finally took a new direction in the series but I'm still skeptical about the gameplay. If it's more like Uncharted, I'll probably be annoyed.Elann2008

Wait.. so it's open-world? If so, NICE.

Yes, it is, it's just the story sections are linear.