Crysis 3 - Positive So far...

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -
Looks incredible. I've really enjoyed the Crysis games thus far and this doesn't look like it will disappoint
#52 Posted by GarGx1 (3010 posts) -

Warning some of you may see this as a spoiler

Another gameplay video from the railyard, this is pretty nice

#53 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

1zdc688.png

I am sad!

#54 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
^WHUT? LOL dang... :cry: JK! Of course, I don't whole-heartedly believe that.. but dang.. I need a GPU ugprade.
#55 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -
looks like it places high value on the cpu as that appears to be whats making the difference between recommended and optimized. You'll be fine.
#56 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -
I just ran it and scored roughly the same overall, Mainly because of the 570's in SLI, even with a 950 (I doubt it takes the OC into consideration) and 6GB RAM
#57 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -
^WHUT? LOL dang... :cry: JK! Of course, I don't whole-heartedly believe that.. but dang.. I need a GPU ugprade.Elann2008
Yes, you do, wait for the 700 series.
looks like it places high value on the cpu as that appears to be whats making the difference between recommended and optimized. You'll be fine.darksusperia
I hope so.
#58 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

The mp beta suit feels pretty much exactly like the C2 suit Only that sprint no longer takes energy and cloak / armor modes uses different energy reserves. My thoughts? It's a further simplification of a system that needed to be more complex like the original. nutcrackr

It wasn't that complex to begin with....

#59 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5400 posts) -
I should be okay with my 2 GTX 670's and 3930K.
#60 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

I should be okay with my 2 GTX 670's and 3930K.PernicioEnigma
More than ok I'll say...

#61 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
I'm more amazed that Ubisoft has beaten Crytek at their own formula, despite the former establishing it. Can't say I'm looking forward to Crysis 3 despite the details, here's hoping it doesn't tank like the last.
#62 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2847 posts) -
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]I'm more amazed that Ubisoft has beaten Crytek at their own formula, despite the former establishing it. Can't say I'm looking forward to Crysis 3 despite the details, here's hoping it doesn't tank like the last.

Far Cry 3 doesn't really follow CryTek's formula. That's reserved for Crysis - In Far Cry you always had a goal, and a pretty open, big map to explore while comnpleting it, but there were never any side-missions or minigames, which make up a good deal of Far Cry 3's charm and playability. You could always explore, of course, but there was almost never a reward for actually doing that other than to bypass enemy bases or admire the view.
#63 Posted by glez13 (8968 posts) -

I'm more amazed that Ubisoft has beaten Crytek at their own formula, despite the former establishing it. Can't say I'm looking forward to Crysis 3 despite the details, here's hoping it doesn't tank like the last.skrat_01

Crytek's games are still FPS, it's just that it takes place in a big map and that by itself brings some changes to the formula. Ubisoft's Farcry is more like an Action Adventure/RPG in which shooting is the star mechanic. You have to explore, find items, upgrage stuff with parts, level up stuff, minigames.

#64 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

You guys are forgetting that Crytek made the original Far Cry. Ubisoft then experimented with the "formula" and made Far Cry Instincts which was garbage. Then they came up with Far Cry 2, when compared to Instincts was a huge improvement over their formula. Far Cry 3 is probably the "perfected" formula, and a wonderful game.

Crysis and Far Cry are completely different games. Sure, they might have shared the jungle settings here and there, but they have different formulas.

Far Cry 3 is open-world. Crysis is linear in a sense that you have one direct path and destination, but it's the OPEN paths on your journey that makes Crysis' combat and gameplay very interesting on how you approach each fight. Crysis 2 comes along, and cuts that down tremendously, giving the player less choices with its limited level design.

It's like comparing Fable to Skyrim. Not the same.

I have a good feeling that Crysis 3 will be more like Crysis 1 though. I think they've learned from their past mistakes.

#65 Posted by glez13 (8968 posts) -

1zdc688.png

I am sad!

mitu123

But according to that the processor is the problem. Either that is programmed to show a difference in processor models and is wrong or will Crysis 3 be optimized for hyper threading?

#66 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Far Cry 3 doesn't really follow CryTek's formula. That's reserved for Crysis - In Far Cry you always had a goal, and a pretty open, big map to explore while comnpleting it, but there were never any side-missions or minigames, which make up a good deal of Far Cry 3's charm and playability. You could always explore, of course, but there was almost never a reward for actually doing that other than to bypass enemy bases or admire the view.NoAssKicker47
I meant more in an open approachable scenarios, and lots of opportunities for emergent gameplay revolving around the combat and such. Far Cry 3 feels more like an evolution of it, with the world and all - and a bigger variety of interacting systems (like Crysis having a variety of systems interacting, and a scale despite the lack of open world). Warhead (despite it being great) was a step back, and Crysis 2 was one massive step back in this regard. Though there's the big problem, a good deal of Far Cry 3's missions seemed pretty funneled and restrictive in a GTA mission hub sense.

Crytek's games are still FPS, it's just that it takes place in a big map and that by itself brings some changes to the formula. Ubisoft's Farcry is more like an Action Adventure/RPG in which shooting is the star mechanic. You have to explore, find items, upgrage stuff with parts, level up stuff, minigames.

glez13
Aye aye, I meant more in the above sense - an evolution of the formula. Crytek have been tredding around the same formula for a while now, Crysis was the biggest leap forward with the whole gameplay changing on the fly (which was/is pretty innovative tbh).