Crysis 2 To Invade New York City?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2010/01/500x_crysis_2_nyc.jpg

"Crytek's sequel to the tropical island set first-person shooter Crysis has a new Nanosuit, new platforms on which to play it and an all new urban setting, New York City, according to the latest issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine.

Crysis 2 takes players to a new urban jungle in the sequel, bound for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, where aliens are apparently invading and faces need blasting. You'll have to pick up the newest issue of the print publication to learn more, but you can gawk at its cover as of right now."

Source: http://kotaku.com/5453079/crysis-2-welcomes-you-to-a-new-jungle-new-york-city

lol...

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Crysis on the cover of a console MAG. It almost makes me want to cry. Anyways NYC could be cool.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Please be Roland Emmerich: The Game...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Sounds good!! Who knos maybe the NY setting turns out to work well!!
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
NY is usually fun for these things. Just cause it's so familiar, but interesting all at once.
JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

Meh, the first one was boring enough. Pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Could be interesting.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
it would only work if it were a human vs human thing. if its humans vs aliens, what difference would it make. all the aliens would do is fly around and shoot lazers at you. and then everything would just be white again, but with more cars. it really depends on how they decide to implement it.
BigD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BigD
Member since 2002 • 2223 Posts

Crysis on the cover of a console MAG. It almost makes me want to cry. Anyways NYC could be cool.millerlight89

Well at least that means my current computer will run the game just fine.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Crytek should show some PC gameplay already. Everyone is crying right now because they think it's going to become some corridor crawler because of consoles.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Crysis on the cover of a console MAG. It almost makes me want to cry.millerlight89

It does leave a bitter taste in the mouth that's for sure, I am not getting hyped for Crysis 2 since I am not overly convinced it will come to the PC. I can see them delaying the PC version by 6 - 8 months to concentrate on getting the game out for the console. I faithfully supported Crytek with Farcry, Crysis and Warhead and my reward is "a console port from now on". I am afraid gamespot does not allow me to use the appropriate language to express how much I despise Crytek right now.

Otacon6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Otacon6669
Member since 2007 • 492 Posts

Will the new crytek engine for crysis 2 be using DX11?

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Crysis on the cover of a console MAG. It almost makes me want to cry.charmingcharlie

It does leave a bitter taste in the mouth that's for sure, I am not getting hyped for Crysis 2 since I am not overly convinced it will come to the PC. I can see them delaying the PC version by 6 - 8 months to concentrate on getting the game out for the console. I faithfully supported Crytek with Farcry, Crysis and Warhead and my reward is "a console port from now on". I am afraid gamespot does not allow me to use the appropriate language to express how much I despise Crytek right now.

Where are you coming up with this crap?
Otacon6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Otacon6669
Member since 2007 • 492 Posts

[QUOTE="charmingcharlie"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Crysis on the cover of a console MAG. It almost makes me want to cry.AAllxxjjnn

Where are you coming up with this crap?

Lol, yeah where are you getting this info? Since when has crysis been on a console?

charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 charmingcharlie

Where are you coming up with this crap? AAllxxjjnn

How about you put a bit of effort into telling me exactly what you disagree with eh ? which do you consider crap ? The idea that the PC might take a back seat to the console version ? (there is a history of that you know) or is it the fact that this is nothing but a dumbed down console port and Crytek are sellouts.

Lol, yeah where are you getting this info? Since when has crysis been on a console?

Otacon6669

How about you show me where I said Crysis has been on a console ?

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Where are you coming up with this crap? charmingcharlie

How about you put a bit of effort into telling me exactly what you disagree with eh ? which do you consider crap ? The idea that the PC might take a back seat to the console version ? (there is a history of that you know) or is it the fact that this is nothing but a dumbed down console port and Crytek are sellouts.

They're sellouts because they developed an engine that allowed them to easily port the game to consoles while retaining/improving the visuals of the PC version? The first screens of Crysis 2 just premiered in a PC Gaming magazine.
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 charmingcharlie

I guess it is a question of whether you believe Crytek or not personally I think they are full of bull I certainly would not trust any screen shots from Crytek. The PC will be taking a back seat with Crysis 2 that is inevitable but you want to keep thinking "the glass is half full" then be my guest.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Well that certainly explains the "A different type of jungle" statement that a Crytek rep said recently. Colour me interested.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

I guess it is a question of whether you believe Crytek or not personally I think they are full of bull I certainly would not trust any screen shots from Crytek. The PC will be taking a back seat with Crysis 2 that is inevitable but you want to keep thinking "the glass is half full" then be my guest.

charmingcharlie
We're kinda going for a "Crytek has yet to let us down" view than a "Glass is half full" one. Crytek are a PC developer, always have been. And they have bought a multitude of new studios over the past couple of years. The odds of the Console version being made by their lead studio are EXTREMELY unlikely, but even if they are, it'll be made by one of their secondary studios. And what have those studios made? Well one made Crysis Warhead, and the other made the Timesplitters franchise. For your crazy theory to be right, then all versions of Crysis 2 would need to be being made by the same studio, which while possible is unlikely. There are very few developers stupid enough to build 3 versions of a game using one studio when they have several others waiting.
musclesforcier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 musclesforcier
Member since 2004 • 2894 Posts
[QUOTE="charmingcharlie"]

kieranb2000
We're kinda going for a "Crytek has yet to let us down" view than a "Glass is half full" one. Crytek are a PC developer, always have been. And they have bought a multitude of new studios over the past couple of years. The odds of the Console version being made by their lead studio are EXTREMELY unlikely, but even if they are, it'll be made by one of their secondary studios. And what have those studios made? Well one made Crysis Warhead, and the other made the Timesplitters franchise. For your crazy theory to be right, then all versions of Crysis 2 would need to be being made by the same studio, which while possible is unlikely. There are very few developers stupid enough to build 3 versions of a game using one studio when they have several others waiting.

But they have let us down. The first screen shots they released for Crysis looked way better then the game did. They also said it would run on high with a 7900GT(or something similar can't remember exactly) and that it was optimized for quad cores.
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 charmingcharlie

I personally would say Crytek let us down the minute they decided to go multiplatform, that was the day they stopped being a PC developer. I personally don't know what studio is making what but the noises Crytek are making are certainly NOT promising. You just need to see the hype they have generated about Crysis 2 on the consoles they have said sod all about Crysis 2 on the PC.

This latest example with the Playstation mag illustrates exactly what is happening, there is already a console bias from Crytek. Yes it is true that PC gamer were the first to show us 2 screenshots from Crysis 2 (that showed next to nothing) and had a short article that said absolutely nothing except the ambigious "verticality" crap. Nope not a peep about the new setting for Crysis 2 in a PC gaming mag. How do PC gamers have to find out about the setting for Crysis 2 ? Oh yeah we have to read it in a bloody console gaming magazine.

I don't doubt for a second that Crytek are not developing all three versions, I imagine they will quite happily off load the PC version to one of their lesser studios to do the port. All the noises that Crytek are making come across as "consoles are our new home screw the PC". It doesn't bode well for the PC version of Crysis 2 and to be honest I find a hard time getting hyped about this port, especially when I have to find information on the game from some console mag.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
hopefully a good part of it will take part in central park where theres lots of trees and vegetation which is what the cryengine does best and its would make it possible to have some very large open levels.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45

Crytek should show some PC gameplay already. Everyone is crying right now because they think it's going to become some corridor crawler because of consoles.AAllxxjjnn

Amen to that!!

It does leave a bitter taste in the mouth that's for sure, I am not getting hyped for Crysis 2 since I am not overly convinced it will come to the PC. I can see them delaying the PC version by 6 - 8 months to concentrate on getting the game out for the console. I faithfully supported Crytek with Farcry, Crysis and Warhead and my reward is "a console port from now on". I am afraid gamespot does not allow me to use the appropriate language to express how much I despise Crytek right now.charmingcharlie

Well if you come to think about it...crytek aint any diffirent. They will focus on console version and they will let us down at some parts. Now if the pc version comes after the console verions...well thats a possibility i guess!!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45
hopefully a good part of it will take part in central park where theres lots of trees and vegetation which is what the cryengine does best and its would make it possible to have some very large open levels.DJ_Headshot
So no love of city enviroment? No love at all?
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Bleh, more Aliens...
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

Crytek has never dabbled in urban warfare before... let's see how it'll pull this off.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

Thats it if they release a console port before they release on PC im done with gaming.

bigfootstew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bigfootstew
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

They probably chose a city environment so they could make a corridor crawler that the consoles will be able to handle.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

So this game is going to be focused on the worst part of Crysis? Fighting aliens... siiiiiiiiiiiigh.

eddy96_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 eddy96_1
Member since 2003 • 1388 Posts

I personally would say Crytek let us down the minute they decided to go multiplatform, that was the day they stopped being a PC developer. I personally don't know what studio is making what but the noises Crytek are making are certainly NOT promising. You just need to see the hype they have generated about Crysis 2 on the consoles they have said sod all about Crysis 2 on the PC.

This latest example with the Playstation mag illustrates exactly what is happening, there is already a console bias from Crytek. Yes it is true that PC gamer were the first to show us 2 screenshots from Crysis 2 (that showed next to nothing) and had a short article that said absolutely nothing except the ambigious "verticality" crap. Nope not a peep about the new setting for Crysis 2 in a PC gaming mag. How do PC gamers have to find out about the setting for Crysis 2 ? Oh yeah we have to read it in a bloody console gaming magazine.

I don't doubt for a second that Crytek are not developing all three versions, I imagine they will quite happily off load the PC version to one of their lesser studios to do the port. All the noises that Crytek are making come across as "consoles are our new home screw the PC". It doesn't bode well for the PC version of Crysis 2 and to be honest I find a hard time getting hyped about this port, especially when I have to find information on the game from some console mag.

charmingcharlie

Well if expanding the Crysis series to consoles will bring more revenue for Crytek to make better looking games in the future, then go ahead and milk the console gamer all the way to the bank. Although theres one condition... the PC version has always gotta be far more superior than console

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Baranga

charmingcharlie

- They reveal these details in PSM because they want to take over Resistance's market; the third game is rumored to come out at the end of the year or early 2011 and it's set in NYC

- There is nothing wrong with hyping the game more on the console market. They alreay have an established fanbase on the PC, now they must throw some bones over to the consolites.

- CryEngine 3 ports the PC assets to the console in real-time making all the adjustments needed. The game is developed exculsively on PC. The Frankfurt studio, the one that made the original Crysis, is developing all three versions. Crytek UK, which has a lot of console experience, may lend a hand in tweaking the console version to be perfectly playable. It all boils down to the control method and the tweaks needed to make it fun on all platforms.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Now the question is, how much did they water down to abide by the consoles standards? This can't be good for console owners..we all know what happened to FEAR 2 when it graced consoles. Good game, but it was lacking on many levels.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Whilst my respect for Crytek has fallen since they decided to port the PC exclusive to consoles, and that I am very sure the PC will take a back seat in terms of PC publicity and Crytek's own development and content, I am glad that it still is coming to the PC, and I'm glad us PC gamers will get an overall better experience than the console gamers.

Better graphics (obviously only if you have the hardware) Better gameplay (mouse and k/b) and also, probably one of the best things about these types of games (when the developers are willing to include it - im pointing the finger at you here Infinity Ward) the ability to mod out the game to your hearts content, providing a constant stream of new user created content!

But... in the long run, if Crytek does take a back seat for the PC.. i will be utterly dissapointed, just as I was by Infinity ward, and many other developers.

dragonage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dragonage22
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

I don't see how it can be a sequel set inNew York due to the ending of the first game which made it pretty clear where it would be set.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
Sounds good!! Who knos maybe the NY setting turns out to work well!!dakan45
More horizontally based gameplay.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Baranga

I don't see how it can be a sequel set inNew York due to the ending of the first game which made it pretty clear where it would be set.

dragonage22

Is it so hard to figure out it either begins on the island or the island is featured in flashbacks?:P

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

dragonage22

Nanosuit 2 teaser provides info about the game, that happens in 2024 (4 years after Crysis) and has Nomad again as the main character. The first teaser -with phrases as "Quarantine" "Still alive... But how?" provides some room for speculation-:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbs65hmlmNI

Seems obvious that the plot is going like HL-2, leaping from the cliffhanger ending of the first game to a totally new environment.

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
They might find a space ship buried under manhatten ?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 millerlight89
Now the question is, how much did they water down to abide by the consoles standards? This can't be good for console owners..we all know what happened to FEAR 2 when it graced consoles. Good game, but it was lacking on many levels.gamer082009
Yea it was a let down. Though I still enjoyed the game as you can tell from my Xfire. It is true it was lacking the personality of its predecessor.
carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#41 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

Im just excited that there IS a crysis 2 so as long as it is as good as the first or better then im all for it

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Gah, all I can see where I heard this news is Prototype with less fighting. Crysis2 is going to be dull if the whole game is city based.

Only way I can see it interesting is if buildings and objects are totally destructable and enterable. Being able to 'run through' or topple buildings would be hella cool.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

I hope we find out what happened to Prophet.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
Cool ! Hope he faces Godzilla.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dakan45

So this game is going to be focused on the worst part of Crysis? Fighting aliens... siiiiiiiiiiiigh.

the_mitch28
I guess i am the only one who liked that part :( It felt epic and the aliens where diffirent enemies from what i have seen in many other games. Damn the alien ai was so cruel to me!!
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Sounds good!! Who knos maybe the NY setting turns out to work well!!Daytona_178

Ehh what you mean by that? Ask me, i think it will be a mix of killzone 2 style when you kill human enemies and somwehat like the snow destroyed terrain levels of crysis when it comes to alien ass kicking. I dont think they gonna make the levels linear. They make them big but limit exploration with ruined roads and buildings!
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 millerlight89
[QUOTE="the_mitch28"]

dakan45
I guess i am the only one who liked that part :( It felt epic and the aliens where diffirent enemies from what i have seen in many other games. Damn the alien ai was so cruel to me!!

I thought the aliens were the best part of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Sounds good!! Who knos maybe the NY setting turns out to work well!!Daytona_178

Odd, since Crytek themselves mentioned Crysis 2 will have more Verticality in the gameplay.
FragMonkey09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 FragMonkey09
Member since 2005 • 1543 Posts

Crysis 1 was pretty meh gameplay wise.

Lets see if they fix it this time around. Who needs flashy graphics if the game itself is pretty ****

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 millerlight89

Lets see if they fix it this time around. Who needs flashy graphics if the game itself is pretty ****

FragMonkey09
Agreed!
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dakan45
[QUOTE="FragMonkey09"]

millerlight89
Agreed!

Sadly i have to agree. Yes i could grab stuff and throw them around and look how detailed everything is and how physically you can cut down trees. But i was not interested at all in nanosuit abilities. Hell i did not even liked the suit or the weapons in the game. So all thats left for me its the fps and vehicle gameplay which where both dissapointing. Combat did not feel as solid as most fps and neither vehicle combat felt good. Infact they could use some more like controling a helicopter and fighting aliens and not that crappy vtol sequence. Another thing will be the ai that seemed liked it's leaking every now and then and forgot what they supose to do. I hope crytek provides more solid fps this time. Or its gonna be the same meh experiance for me that i had with the first. Plus the game was kinda borring sometimes!