CPU I5 3570 K running HOT!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by razorMDshooter (549 posts) -

So may CPU is running at about 80 C when playing BF3 at almost full load. At rest it is about 40 C. It is about 10 C hotter right now since its summber and my room temp is about 80 F. Cheapest and best way to fix?

#2 Posted by ferret-gamer (17369 posts) -
Clean the heatsink of dust, put new thermal paste on it, and make sure it is seated correctly.
#3 Posted by kraken2109 (13211 posts) -

A CPU like that deserves a proper cooler. If you're on stock you should consider something better.

#4 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

1) Is your CPU running at stock speed/voltage, or overclocked/overvolted?

2) Do you have the stock cooler on it, or an aftermarket one?  

3) Have you confirmed that the fan is working correctly?

4) You should probably keep your gaming space below 80 degrees F if there is any possible way to do it.  

#5 Posted by razorMDshooter (549 posts) -

no aftermarket cooler, and running at stock

#6 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

razorMDshooter

Follow ferret-gamers's recommendations.  Also see if you can lower the room temperature.  Ambient temps are very important.  

#7 Posted by BeerMage (267 posts) -

Look into buying a CPU cooler. Or you can undervolt it and have it run cooler.

#8 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14360 posts) -

razorMDshooter
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI Would replace it with this, considering you have a K series too. If not, go with liquid cooling but it'll cost much more.
#10 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10781 posts) -
Welcome to the world of Ivy Bridge/Haswell. Crap thermals.
#11 Posted by EraofWar (49 posts) -
[QUOTE="razorMDshooter"]

Gaming-Planet
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI Would replace it with this, considering you have a K series too. If not, go with liquid cooling but it'll cost much more.

I have the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Evo which is just under this new CPU fan since the 4th gen CPUs came out and my cpu never gets over 50c even at full load.
#12 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

get an aftermarket cooler. I remember when I had an i7 950(stock cooler), while playing GTA 4 my temps topped at 85c.