Corsair H60 pump dead?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So today my pc crashed twice and i didn't know why, was then playing a game later and noticed my temps were going way passed 80*C (probably reached like 100) and the pump doesn't cause any noise anymore which it normally does when im playing games. Have the H60 since 2011, is it dead or what may have happened? I just re-applied the paste and running my 2500k@4.2 with 1.295v. Idle my temps are in mid 50's :[ dunno what's up. Are the closed loop Corair cpu coolers that shitty, a little over 2 years and already dead o.O?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Uh is the fan still going did you check that? Furthermore pretty sure those things have a 3 or 5 year warranty.. And there is something definitely wrong with the cooler because I have the exact same cooler and cpu, h60 with 2500k @ 4.4) and it idles at around 27 and a prime test at those speeds I see a maximum of maybe 55.. Gaming it hovers maybe 45 on high demand games.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@silversix_ said:

So today my pc crashed twice and i didn't know why, was then playing a game later and noticed my temps were going way passed 80*C (probably reached like 100) and the pump doesn't cause any noise anymore which it normally does when im playing games. Have the H60 since 2011, is it dead or what may have happened? I just re-applied the paste and running my 2500k@4.2 with 1.295v. Idle my temps are in mid 50's :[ dunno what's up. Are the closed loop Corair cpu coolers that shitty, a little over 2 years and already dead o.O?

It's not if it's sh^tty or not;

A) H60 concidered as their cheapest water cooling, so that might add to the damage

B) It's a piece of hardware, of course it dies sometime in the future, in your case it lasted for over 2 years.

If you have a warranty left, it's a good time for replacement.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

I would keep an eye on it, One reason I personally dont like water cooling is the chance of leaks and the pump failing which means your screwed and have to switch out the cooler to keep it going. I would go into your bios and set a automatic cpu shut off temp of like 75C. I like the large air coolers because the only thing that can go wrong is the fan/s die but the cpu can still get the passive cooling even if it happens unlike the water cooling. Ive had a fan die on my 5 year old Coolermaster V8, in which had to order another fan, but surprisingly even without the fan the cooler kept the cpu below the temps of what a stock cooler would have been able to do.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_

I connected the pump to a molex connector to be sure and nothing, temps were in mid 50's idle and going passed 80's while playing. I have two push/pull 1450rpm Gentle Typhoons and they work perfectly fine but i cannot hear the pump anymore. Now im back on stock heatsink/clock and temps are in high 30's while idle and from high 60's to mid 70's while gaming (thermal paste is MX-4). So im guessing its rma time? Think these have a 5y warranty.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@silversix_ said:

Think these have a 5y warranty.

Good, send it back and get a new one =)

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@silversix_ said:

Think these have a 5y warranty.

Good, send it back and get a new one =)

Yep send it back

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Hm, I have an h60 as well and never noticed any sound period. I guess I wont know when it stops! Anyways glad you caught it early.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_

Funny thing is, i removed this thing completely from my rig and plugged it with molex once more to try if the pump is working and i can hear the sound of it doing its job so i dunno what to do now-.-. If i send it to Corair and it isn't broken then what? At the same time i don't see how the hell my cpu attained 100*C, normally it doesn't go over 71* and i didn't mess up with voltages or anything. Anyone has an idea what could've happened (radiator was clean)? Maybe i should put it back and see sup?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeryGo  Moderator

@silversix_ said:

Funny thing is, i removed this thing completely from my rig and plugged it with molex once more to try if the pump is working and i can hear the sound of it doing its job so i dunno what to do now-.-. If i send it to Corair and it isn't broken then what? At the same time i don't see how the hell my cpu attained 100*C, normally it doesn't go over 71* and i didn't mess up with voltages or anything. Anyone has an idea what could've happened (radiator was clean)? Maybe i should put it back and see sup?

Send it back and describe what's the problem, they'll check it of course and sent it back fixed or a brand new one.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

They may just replace it without even looking at your product. Advanced replacements are your best friend.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

I would keep an eye on it, One reason I personally dont like water cooling is the chance of leaks and the pump failing which means your screwed and have to switch out the cooler to keep it going. I would go into your bios and set a automatic cpu shut off temp of like 75C. I like the large air coolers because the only thing that can go wrong is the fan/s die but the cpu can still get the passive cooling even if it happens unlike the water cooling. Ive had a fan die on my 5 year old Coolermaster V8, in which had to order another fan, but surprisingly even without the fan the cooler kept the cpu below the temps of what a stock cooler would have been able to do.

You must have good airflow in your case.

@silversix_ said:

Does it still give you high temps?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_

@horgen123: I RMA'd it yesterday. But i still don't know what happened there unless the pump was truly borken