CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler with a Noctua Fan?

#1 Posted by awax187187 (202 posts) -

Iv had a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler for a while now and been looking into these Noctua Fans to replace the stock evo 212 fan are they any better for cooling or are they just really quiet?

#2 Edited by PredatorRules (7820 posts) -

Iv had a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler for a while now and been looking into these Noctua Fans to replace the stock evo 212 fan are they any better for cooling or are they just really quiet?

Both?

#3 Posted by PfizersaurusRex (678 posts) -

Not much difference in cooling at the same rpm, but the bearing on Noctua fans is the best you can get, it's quet and it lasts a lot longer than CM. Worth the price premium IMO. You want to lower CPU temp a few degrees you can change the paste (assuming you applied the CM paste that came with the cooler). Arctic Silver 5 is probably the most popular, I heared Prolimatech PK-3 is also very good.

#4 Edited by 04dcarraher (19491 posts) -

If you want better cooling and quite ratio fans for the price. Go with Cougar 120mm Vortex fans. they are Hydro-Dynamic bearing, directly push air straight, tend to have more airflow then Noctua fans, and their air pressure is good.

#5 Posted by awax187187 (202 posts) -

Not much difference in cooling at the same rpm, but the bearing on Noctua fans is the best you can get, it's quet and it lasts a lot longer than CM. Worth the price premium IMO. You want to lower CPU temp a few degrees you can change the paste (assuming you applied the CM paste that came with the cooler). Arctic Silver 5 is probably the most popular, I heared Prolimatech PK-3 is also very good.

I had the stock paste on there for a while then I recently changed the paste to the artic silver and the temps dropped like 6+

#6 Posted by awax187187 (202 posts) -

If you want better cooling and quite ratio fans for the price. Go with Cougar 120mm Vortex fans. they are Hydro-Dynamic bearing, directly push air straight, tend to have more airflow then Noctua fans, and their air pressure is good.

Cheers mate ill be buying this one