Cool 2D Games for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LfunkeyA (301 posts) -

Looking for cool 2D games to play. I like weird ass stuff like Worms, or maybe something old school witha niceartstyle like Dan Paladin's stuff (Alien Hominid, Dad n Me, etc.). Any ideas?

#2 Posted by NamelessPlayer (7729 posts) -
What I consider to be the greatest game ever happens to be 2D, though it's more of an overhead view than a side-scroller if that's what you meant by "2D". It's freeware and can run on just about any PC you can find today, so why not?
#3 Posted by JJ_1 (911 posts) -
My two favorit 2D games I play are Worms Armagedon and Soldat (FREE!)
#4 Posted by Da_Bacon_master (557 posts) -

Try www.dosgames.com for like Old 2D Dose Games and you may need a program called DosBox to run them so they work right or....

www.megagames.com and check there freewere games some of them will be 3D others 2D so yeah or search on google "Cool 2D games for PC"

#5 Posted by ZeroAlarm (597 posts) -
N-game
AoE II (well it is techically 2D)
#6 Posted by LfunkeyA (301 posts) -
thanks for the advice, will check those games out ('cept for N, played that one :D- was pretty good though).
#7 Posted by el_carl (2376 posts) -
Age of Empires 2 and Worms World Party.
#8 Posted by shinian (6871 posts) -
Halo Zero is decent.
#9 Posted by imthelumberjack (1280 posts) -
If you get MAME you can download the Metal Slug series.
#10 Posted by BenTheJamin (927 posts) -
Diablo 2, Starcraft, Baulders gate, Doom, Quake, the list goes on and on
#11 Posted by Cra2y (342 posts) -

The Oddworld games, the first one mainly. Oddworld Abes Odysee

#12 Posted by borris_1 (7181 posts) -

Imperishable Night is pretty cool

#13 Posted by BenTheJamin (927 posts) -

The Oddworld games, the first one mainly. Cra2y

ODDWORLD!!!! i was tryin to think of the name of that game a few days ago and i couldnt remember it for the life of me, holy crap those were fun games.

#14 Posted by Cra2y (342 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cra2y"]The Oddworld games, the first one mainly. BenTheJamin

ODDWORLD!!!! i was tryin to think of the name of that game a few days ago and i couldnt remember it for the life of me, holy crap those were fun games.

Yea, awesome game. Never did try it on PC though. Played on PS1 along time ago, Anyone know if the PC version has better resolution and colors?

#15 Posted by Doomhound (41 posts) -
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25634062&union_id=292 download the starter pack then search the web for more characters, check out the youtube videos for instructions to adding characters and such
#16 Posted by Johnny_Rock (40113 posts) -
Eets, Gumboy, Bullet Candy and Wik come to mind. You can get all them off of Steam. They also show up alot at Wal-Mart's for some reason.
#17 Posted by mirautaj (323 posts) -

Aquaria

http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/

#18 Posted by stealthrodent (1508 posts) -
SOLDAT owns! Everybody download it! It's free and It's the best game you will ever play.