Command and Conquer the first decade zero hours online "different version&q

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattdog1188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattdog1188
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Helppppp!!!!!! I honestly dont know where else to turn. I purchased c&c the first decade and downloaded generals and zero hour. The generals can go online and play perfect. I can play zero hours NON online games without a problem. The problem happens when I try to play online. I can see the games that were created and some are white letters and other are dark. When i try and join a game that is dark it says to me that I can not join because I have a "different Version" but then again if i click on an online game that is in white I can play. I just dont get it.. Here is what I tried to do to fix the problem.. I tried to download the newest patch manually and it gave me an error message that said "old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match". I dont know what else to do i tried installing the game without firewalls i done it all i just dont know what else to do. Pleaseeee someone help me...
Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

It is most likely a patch issue like you already stated. It seems like you are trying to install an incremental patch though (ie 1.3 - 1.4). Try and get the newest standalone patch and it should work out.

Hope this helps.

mattdog1188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattdog1188
what do you mean by the newest stand alone patch can you give me a hint on what i need to do and where i can find it i'm really new to all this thanks for your help
mattdog1188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattdog1188
what do you mean by the newest stand alone patch can you give me a hint on what i need to do and where i can find it i'm really new to all this thanks for your help
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

From what I've heard (I don't own it), there's a multiplayer patch that is no longer availble for download. If you don't have the patch, you can't play on EA's servers.

greenhornet23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 greenhornet23
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
it seems that allot of people are having the same problem with different version and not being able to play online. I have not seen any real answers to this from any of the forums. EA sports has been no help at all but they will keep selling you the download for the game even though it does not work online. does any one have any real answers to this.