Command and Conquer 3 demo releasing 20th Feb

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Just posting for people who don't visit the Command & Conquer 3 Forums and didn't see Slamer56's post stating that the demo will be releasing 20th February... Well still not sure where it says 20th but thats what he said ;)
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/candc3/demo/
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
YA BOI!!!!!
bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts
Not a fan of RTS games...but I hope you CC fans have your expectations met.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Awesome news! I can not wait to play it.
Maverick-DBZ-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maverick-DBZ-
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts
Thats great news! I been waiting awhile for a good RTS game!
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

Woohoo!!!

You made my day... I will defnitely download the demo.

ltplmessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ltplmessenger
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
i'm not the biggest rts fan as i used to be, more or less FPS now. but the nostalgia from CC definitely makes me want to get the demo when it's out :)
Apenoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Apenoot
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts
Awesome news! Especially so since that dissapointment called Supreme Commander :D
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DDX2

Awesome news! Especially so since that dissapointment called Supreme Commander :D Apenoot

how did SupCom disappoint?

Apenoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Apenoot
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts

SupCom dissapointed me because it was bland. No feel with the units, hassle with air units getting without ammo, graphics aren't nearly as good as expected (and I had everything on max) and the zoom function is kinda cool but when zoomed in I can see my ground units but not my planes, and when zoomed out I can see my planes but ground units look like two-pixel ants. So what I started doing was playing mostly in zoomed out mode, which basically means I'm looking at some sort of strategic map-based game.

Perhaps I dig micro RTS more, I dunno, but I think a game such as Company of Heroes beats SupCom easily in terms of graphics, gameplay, athmosphere and overview.

Or it could be I should try and give SupCom some more time, but at this point I don't even feel like trying. (I did kinda like TA though -- maybe I would like SupCom more in multiplayer since I also thought TA sucked in SP)

PS: It would be fair to note I base this on the DEMO of SupCom

stavredzikov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stavredzikov
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
Supreme Commander lol!!! stupid!!! boring!!!...........
Command and Conquer 3 i hope its be one of the best games in 2007
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
Interesting timing...same day Supreme Commander gets released.  Maybe EA is hoping to steer a few people away from SC, hmmmmmmnah?
Nullerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Nullerman
Member since 2004 • 234 Posts

SC is to messy. Tbh i dont care if it claims its big strategy etc with many untis. It gives little in terms of tools to control these vast amount of untis other then simple group controls like 1-9. So its basicly build lots of units and send em on Attack-Move against the enemys base.

I just hope C&C3 stays true to the old C&C games. I liked generals but i dont like the peon or worker system. I want a return to the old C&C base building and production. Also the way C&C have always handled air. I like the fact that you build a platform for each aircraft which they fly missions out from. Again not like in SC where air units are to much like normal units. In C&C air units is more of a support asset that you task to a specific skirmish or task on the map.

I hope C&C3 lives up to my expectations, but im a bit skeptical but we will have to see. Just hope my comp can run it he he.

SHEjK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SHEjK
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Great news! Cant wait to try it, i hope it will be a blast. C&C series rules!

zaman48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 zaman48
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
lol, ya, it's weird that their releasing the demo the same day that supcom comes out...

i think im gonna try the demo of this, but i probably wont buy it, heck, i don't know if i'll buy SupCom either... i've played way to many RTS', i thinki im gonna take a break and try a different genre...
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DDX2

SupCom dissapointed me because it was bland. No feel with the units, hassle with air units getting without ammo, graphics aren't nearly as good as expected (and I had everything on max) and the zoom function is kinda cool but when zoomed in I can see my ground units but not my planes, and when zoomed out I can see my planes but ground units look like two-pixel ants. So what I started doing was playing mostly in zoomed out mode, which basically means I'm looking at some sort of strategic map-based game.

Perhaps I dig micro RTS more, I dunno, but I think a game such as Company of Heroes beats SupCom easily in terms of graphics, gameplay, athmosphere and overview.

Or it could be I should try and give SupCom some more time, but at this point I don't even feel like trying. (I did kinda like TA though -- maybe I would like SupCom more in multiplayer since I also thought TA sucked in SP)

PS: It would be fair to note I base this on the DEMO of SupCom

Apenoot

k, fair enough.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

WOW ! Thats really a good news .

Thanks to OP .

Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gun-Unit
Member since 2003 • 9866 Posts
Nice ill be downloading that on the 20th. :D
Ramp4nt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ramp4nt
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Really looking forward to this, love the CnC series (especially RA2). With SC turning out to be a massive disappointment, i am even more pumped. If they deliver on what they promised, the online will be immense.

BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32922 Posts
Awesome, i can't wait to get to the battles of GDI and NOD again.Oh yeah and SupCom owns your ass.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="Apenoot"]Awesome news! Especially so since that dissapointment called Supreme Commander :D DDX2

After playing the demo I got a real bad taste in my mouth.  I can't explain it in detail except to say they replaced innovation with huge maps. There is nothing REALLY new here.  The zoom out ability is cool and lets you control all your units from extreme distances....  but the game world seems bland and lifeless.  In their effort to make it huge they forgot to give it life.  I still have it reserved, and I will still get it, but I am not as hopeful as I once was. 

venombrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 venombrood
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
One thing I didn't like about SC is that the UI took up like half the freakin screen! They really need to overhall that UI and shrink it down somehow.
neonsuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 neonsuperstar
Member since 2003 • 441 Posts
Hmm. All i can say is that i can't wait for it to be released. Although personally i have reservations about the whole scrin thing... the demo shld include some scrin missions so we can see if EA screwed the whole cnc with the introduction of this fairytale race and then decide whether or not to get it :D
dannyw7982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dannyw7982
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
Reading this thread just reminded me to pre order so i just have:). Can't wait for this game have been long time C+C fan. If demo info is correct at least it will do for now until march 30th (seems a lifetime away).
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="DDX2"]

[QUOTE="Apenoot"]Awesome news! Especially so since that dissapointment called Supreme Commander :D Johnny_Rock

After playing the demo I got a real bad taste in my mouth. I can't explain it in detail except to say they replaced innovation with huge maps. There is nothing REALLY new here. The zoom out ability is cool and lets you control all your units from extreme distances.... but the game world seems bland and lifeless. In their effort to make it huge they forgot to give it life. I still have it reserved, and I will still get it, but I am not as hopeful as I once was.

Lifeless is a good word to describe it, I might buy it anyways though.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#26 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
demo then preorder unless it sucks
theking52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 theking52
Member since 2004 • 2560 Posts
Yup I really want to try this game out.

As for SupComm ... people you can move the UI to the side or whatever if you want. Use Alt+Mouse.

Also for the zooming, use space and mouse to change camera angles and ctrl+v to lock camera so it doesn't go back to the default angle. Also the locking will remove all those life bars and all that other stuff if someone doesn't like that.

I personally keep the camera angle near ground level and watch the fights.
Avatar image for hybridmoments12
hybridmoments12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hybridmoments12
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts
Just hope to god EA doesn't scar a game that Westwood put such a good name on.  Believe me I am hyped, seeing that I own every Command and Conquer game that was ever released, and this one looks awesome.  It's just been such a long time since one has been released I don't want to get all hyped up and then be let down.  We Shall See...
valdarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 valdarez
Member since 2003 • 2174 Posts
Thanks for the link. Looking forward to playing C&C 3.
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
[QUOTE="DDX2"]

[QUOTE="Apenoot"]Awesome news! Especially so since that dissapointment called Supreme Commander :D Johnny_Rock

After playing the demo I got a real bad taste in my mouth. I can't explain it in detail except to say they replaced innovation with huge maps. There is nothing REALLY new here. The zoom out ability is cool and lets you control all your units from extreme distances.... but the game world seems bland and lifeless. In their effort to make it huge they forgot to give it life. I still have it reserved, and I will still get it, but I am not as hopeful as I once was.

have you tried playing against other players? i never played TA and i'm not fond of supcom due to the lack of infantry - where's the fun in killing unmanned robots? - but i get the impression that supcom will be really wild against another player (the demo AI was utterly awful, even on hard) - vs a good player, and with the massive maps, the large scale battles taking place at multiple points on the map should be pretty damn intense... you're right that there's nothing new though, i din't intend to buy it - not yet, anyway - but large scale battles and coordinated air/land/sea fronts - while it's not "new" per se, i've never seen it done like this in a game before
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="DDX2"]

[QUOTE="Apenoot"]Awesome news! Especially so since that dissapointment called Supreme Commander :D A-S_FM

have you tried playing against other players? i never played TA and i'm not fond of supcom due to the lack of infantry - where's the fun in killing unmanned robots? - but i get the impression that supcom will be really wild against another player (the demo AI was utterly awful, even on hard) - vs a good player, and with the massive maps, the large scale battles taking place at multiple points on the map should be pretty damn intense... you're right that there's nothing new though, i din't intend to buy it - not yet, anyway - but large scale battles and coordinated air/land/sea fronts - while it's not "new" per se, i've never seen it done like this in a game before

Yes, I will definately be trying PvP when it comes out.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
I personally thought that the Supreme Commander demo was the best demo I've ever played. It's a little intimidating at first, but once you start investing a few hours into it and learn some of the strategies, it becomes really, really fun.
ThrawnDougal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ThrawnDougal
Member since 2006 • 1659 Posts
One thing I didn't like about SC is that the UI took up like half the freakin screen! They really need to overhall that UI and shrink it down somehow. venombrood
[QUOTE="DDX2"]

I totally agree with you. At first the game seems awesome, even after employing several strategies. But then it gets dull fast and the environments are too lifeless as you say, as well as the units. Have you looked at a crater after a nuke goes off? It looks painted on. Anyways the gameplay is fun at first because its new, but then it just becomes repetitive and tedious on large maps at best. Unfortunately, after playing the Beta and Demo, I have decided not to get SC.