Comcast internet is killing me...how's ATT?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

When my Comcast internet is working it's freaking amazing but omg is it unstable as all hell. I have just about had it with their crappy service.

Is ATT any better?

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I've had Comcast for past like, 8 years or so and it's been flawless. My house runs 5 PCs all at once.. watching movies, gaming, etc. Even another xbox running with XBL. You should call em and get the problem resolved.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BSC14

@insane_metalist said:

I've had Comcast for past like, 8 years or so and it's been flawless. My house runs 5 PCs all at once.. watching movies, gaming, etc. Even another xbox running with XBL. You should call em and get the problem resolved.

They have been out to the house 2 times already and it's still unstable. I have tried 2 different modems now and everything I can think of....no luck.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@insane_metalist said:

They have been out to the house 2 times already and it's still unstable. I have tried 2 different modems now and everything I can think of....no luck.

Comcast is greedy...

They will not replace the cable on the poles, unless they absolutely have to. That is where your problems are most likely occurring, and probably has very little to do with your equipment on your end. They want to charge premium prices, but won't make sure you can actually get premium service. I am stuck with Comcast, because we had even worse out of AT&T. There is no other Cable, or High speed provider here just yet, and due to Comcast having contracts with our city... It is an accepted infrastructure monopoly by so many people. That is even before the mention of the greed fueled attempts at destroying net neutrality, or now all these stories you hear/read about the aggressive tactics their representatives use when you try to cancel your service.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BSC14

@Lach0121 said:

@BSC14 said:

@insane_metalist said:

Comcast is greedy...

They will not replace the cable on the poles, unless they absolutely have to. That is where your problems are most likely occurring, and probably has very little to do with your equipment on your end. They want to charge premium prices, but won't make sure you can actually get premium service. I am stuck with Comcast, because we had even worse out of AT&T. There is no other Cable, or High speed provider here just yet, and due to Comcast having contracts with our city... It is an accepted infrastructure monopoly by so many people. That is even before the mention of the greed fueled attempts at destroying net neutrality, or now all these stories you hear/read about the aggressive tactics their representatives use when you try to cancel your service.

Well I'm about to tell them that they either get my internet stable or they need to cancel my contract. If they can't provide it then I can't provide a check to them every month. I'm not paying for something I'm not receiving.....pisses me off.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I understand your pain. I went through basically the same thing about 8 years ago with Time Warner.

Sorry it isn't working for you, and I hope you get it worked out.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BSC14

@Lach0121 said:

I understand your pain. I went through basically the same thing about 8 years ago with Time Warner.

Sorry it isn't working for you, and I hope you get it worked out.

I'm going to try one more thing this afternoon....if it doesn't work I'm going to completely flip out.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I decided to go with ATT U-Verse internet when the big cable company where I lived at was charging too much for internet. When I was with ATT I was getting 12mbp/s @34.99 a month. That is a steal for that speed at that price. Sometimes the internet would go down during a bad storm but, besides that the internet connection was solid. I would really recommend ATT U-Verse if you have it in your area.