This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chesterocks7 (1572 posts) -

So COD4 and TF2 are probably the two most popular online FPS games right now. Which game do you personally enjoy more? I know they are very different, but if you had to choose one which would it be?

Mine would have to be COD4, just because I play that a lot more than TF2. Although extremely hard to decide between the two.

#2 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29082 posts) -
I would definitely go with COD4.
#3 Posted by ZuluEcho14 (8225 posts) -
CoD4 since I "can't" play TF2.
#4 Posted by fatshodan (2886 posts) -
Team Fortress 2. Absolutely no question.
#5 Posted by bangell99 (10568 posts) -
TF2. Much more enjoyable when you're working as a team, amazingly well balanced and polished.
#6 Posted by JnWycliffe (769 posts) -
i haven't played cod4 multiplayer all that much, since i'm not a huge fan of multiplayer games, and i think cod4 single player is very good (though a bit short). having said that, team fortress 2 is the best game of all time.
#7 Posted by Mochyc (4421 posts) -
TF2 easy, CoD4 multiplayer was a big step down from CoD1/CoD2 multiplayer (imo).
#8 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
CoD 4 even tho I played TF 2 more.
#9 Posted by OneNeo1 (390 posts) -
If I had to choose between those two... CoD4 edges TF2 out, but gladly I do have a choice, and I play Shadowrun, as long as I don't let it bother me that the game has an unfinshed feel to it and it did poorly with the Shadowrun name, it is still probably the most well balanced multiplayer game I have ever played (even with the larger learning curve) and is probably the most played game on my system.
#10 Posted by Precyse (487 posts) -
Cod 4.
#11 Posted by Toriko42 (27562 posts) -
Team Fortress 2 is far superior
#12 Posted by A1B2C3CAL (2332 posts) -
Call of Duty 4
#13 Posted by hongkingkong (9368 posts) -

PC Cod4 is :o 9.5 far better than console versions. Can never decide what i should map crouch as :P

TF2 on 360 is good, I assume it is better on PC because FPS usually are.

#14 Posted by sSubZerOo (43018 posts) -

PC Cod4 is :o 9.5 far better than console versions. Can never decide what i should map crouch as :P

hongkingkong

TF2 is god awful on consoles.. The controls are far too clumsy for such a fast paced game.. I remember trying that out on my friends Xbox360.. Guess what the two most played classes were? Heavy, Spy, pyro, and engineer.. All classes that need a minimal amount of any accuracy to suceed in.

#15 Posted by Kolossi (779 posts) -

TF2 FTW.

#16 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -
[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]

sSubZerOo

TF2 is god awful on consoles.. The controls are far too clumsy for such a fast paced game.. I remember trying that out on my friends Xbox360.. Guess what the two most played classes were? Heavy, Spy, pyro, and engineer.. All classes that need a minimal amount of any accuracy to suceed in.

I disagree about the spy. The spy does take quite a bit of finesse to play.

As for the TC, I go with TF2, since I played it and enjoyed it quite a bit.

#17 Posted by hongkingkong (9368 posts) -
[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]

sSubZerOo

Always engineers. Always. Plus servers are so empty its unreal. Trust me if i could fix my diver issue i'd be on TF2 PC right now.