COD4 Prestige mode ANYONE?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CaNiBuSKiD69 (603 posts) -
I just finally reached level 55 and I am interested in entering Prestige mode. For those of you that have tried this out... do I need to achieve all unlockables and complete every challenge before I can enter this mode? Thanks!
#2 Posted by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -
I don't think the PC version has Prestige mode.
#3 Posted by Miguel16 (6065 posts) -
yea what is that anyway
#4 Posted by CaNiBuSKiD69 (603 posts) -

I don't think the PC version has Prestige mode.nutcrackr

Why wouldnt the pc version have prestige mode!? It sold tons more copies than any of the console versions!!!

#5 Posted by 1005 (3738 posts) -

I reached level 55 awhile ago now and i haven't heard anything about a 'Prestige' mode in the PC version of COD4. I imagine its a console only feature, my guess is if it isn't in the PC version of the game then your not missing out on anything special.

#6 Posted by 9mmSpliff (21747 posts) -
I cant wait to get this game.
#7 Posted by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -
I think the reason there is no prestige mode is because the stats on the PC version are stored locally on your computer, and therefore wouldn't mean much. Why are stats stored locally? Well I guess that just comes down to money, such a waste.
#8 Posted by biggest_loser (24091 posts) -

I just finally reached level 55 and I am interested in entering Prestige mode. For those of you that have tried this out... do I need to achieve all unlockables and complete every challenge before I can enter this mode? Thanks!CaNiBuSKiD69

Does this "Prestige Mode" have anything to with:

1. Australia's own Hugh Jackman.

2. Christian Bale.

3. The movie The Prestige.

4. Anything to do with Magic.

5. Tesla and his teleporting machine.

6. David Bowie.

7. David Bowie playing Tesla.

8. The ambiguous ending of the movie the Prestige.

9. The Prestige: The Game based on the movie, based on the Book (TM)

10. A COD 4 mod based on the movie The Prestige, starring David Bowie as Tesla.

11. The cloning theory developed by Tesla (played by David Bowie in the movie btw) and then killing them by dumping them in a tank of water.

#9 Posted by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -
yes to all the above
#10 Posted by Gamartto (1986 posts) -

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]I don't think the PC version has Prestige mode.CaNiBuSKiD69

Why wouldnt the pc version have prestige mode!? It sold tons more copies than any of the console versions!!!

Since stats are handled client side then it would fairly easy to cheat the system, even though is too easy to rank up in this game.

#11 Posted by Nightfox61 (7 posts) -
Do not get digital download verison. Go buy a CD copy trust me. I'm having trouble finding digital download patches. I.E the new patch 1.4.
#12 Posted by 1kalli1 (398 posts) -
there is no prestige mode in the PC version of the game.
#13 Posted by DarkRecruit (3391 posts) -

Pretige mode lets you restart your lvls when ever you hit lvl 55, 10 times, so that's 650 lvls to max out, everytime you do a prestige relvl you get a special icon next to your name.

PC version doesnt have that because infinityward doesn't know how to make stats stored on their servers, instead, the stats are stored on your computer on a notpad file that you can change to get to lvl 55 anytime you want.

#14 Posted by PS3_ (6 posts) -
That file is encrypted, so you can easily change it
#15 Posted by Hot_Potato (3422 posts) -
They can't catch you for doing that?
#16 Posted by jasperrussell (1960 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaNiBuSKiD69"]I just finally reached level 55 and I am interested in entering Prestige mode. For those of you that have tried this out... do I need to achieve all unlockables and complete every challenge before I can enter this mode? Thanks!biggest_loser

Does this "Prestige Mode" have anything to with:

1. Australia's own Hugh Jackman.

2. Christian Bale.

3. The movie The Prestige.

4. Anything to do with Magic.

5. Tesla and his teleporting machine.

6. David Bowie.

7. David Bowie playing Tesla.

8. The ambiguous ending of the movie the Prestige.

9. The Prestige: The Game based on the movie, based on the Book (TM)

10. A COD 4 mod based on the movie The Prestige, starring David Bowie as Tesla.

11. The cloning theory developed by Tesla (played by David Bowie in the movie btw) and then killing them by dumping them in a tank of water.

what was the ambiguity about the ending?

#17 Posted by ElArab (5754 posts) -

Pretige mode lets you restart your lvls when ever you hit lvl 55, 10 times, so that's 650 lvls to max out, everytime you do a prestige relvl you get a special icon next to your name.

PC version doesnt have that because infinityward doesn't know how to make stats stored on their servers, instead, the stats are stored on your computer on a notpad file that you can change to get to lvl 55 anytime you want.

DarkRecruit

Haha, yeah, day 2 of release it was like "INSTANT LVL 55 HACK, READ HERE!!!"

#18 Posted by hilltops (1833 posts) -

I reached level 55 awhile ago now and i haven't heard anything about a 'Prestige' mode in the PC version of COD4. I imagine its a console only feature, my guess is if it isn't in the PC version of the game then your not missing out on anything special.

#19 Posted by jas_19 (2 posts) -

Well, i found a mod for cod4 which says something about prestige.I reached level 55 and it says:next rank:RANK_PRESTIGE_FULL lvl 56,xp required 0 , and i don't know how to enter that mode.The mod is called zombi2.1

#20 Posted by rmfd341 (3808 posts) -

Well, i found a mod for cod4 which says something about prestige.I reached level 55 and it says:next rank:RANK_PRESTIGE_FULL lvl 56,xp required 0 , and i don't know how to enter that mode.The mod is called zombi2.1

jas_19
F***...Don't bump threads...
#21 Posted by channtheman1 (1171 posts) -

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]I don't think the PC version has Prestige mode.CaNiBuSKiD69

PC doesn't have prestige mode. It's true. It's a waste of time anyway though. I prestiged a couple of times on 360 and felt it was a waste of time.
#22 Posted by juwon96 (1 posts) -
you lose everything only thing you get is a new symbol im gold cross 55 psn - clever414