Cities Skylines Release Date

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Upcoming city builder Cities Skylines have released a trailer revealing the release date of March 10th.

So who is looking forward to this?

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Screw ea an the heck with simcity move over there is a new game in town we hope rofl..Bring on cities skyline..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Doesn't differ much from Sim City 4 from what I can see, nah I won't even bother to try it - I need something new and innovative.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blangenakker

@PredatorRules: You're probably never going to get that.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

i dunno... paradox games are usually EXTREMELY low budget and not polished at all.

i find it hard to get excited about anything they produce.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I've been waiting for a city-builder that's as good as Sim City 4, or at least as Ceasar series (Pharaoh and other games), although they were more like today's FB games. I'll definitely be fallowing the reviews. I don't know why all city builders have to be 3D nowdays, I think isometric is fine, maybe even more apropriate, as long as the game has substance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Well let's see how it does in reviews. It could be good hurray! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I am certainly going to pay attention to it when it launches. Paradox games tend to be extremely fun. I have over 400 hours in Crusader Kings 2, after all.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gladestone1

Guys some of yall are to much on graphics-gameplay is what counts after all..Remember that..

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

I'm stoked, but a little leery given delevoper Colossal Order's history (cities in motion 1 + 2). That said, all of the numerous videos they've put out make it look like a region-less simcity 4 with some neat new features (dynamic waterlines, expanded roadbuilding, finer "sim" simulation.). Also a little worried that it's only $30, makes me wonder how limited it'll end up being.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gladestone1

@Postosuchus

Remember this team is small so they dont have a ton of money to make games..Looks good to me for a 15 person dev team..Thats why they said if you go 40 it will help them to add expansion packs later on..If its successful thats what the extra 10 is for though..So be kind to the small indie devs guys..Looks good for like i said a small team..

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Postosuchus

@Gladestone1:

Not faulting the devs at all, making as expansive a citybuilder as portrayed with such a small team seems incredibly, maybe overly ambitious. I'm just staying cautious in case they bit off more than chew in terms of manpower funds and time. Though I understand they were able to use cities in motion as partial framework. Either way, hope it's successful and they're able go bigger with the next title.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gladestone1

Well we can use a decent city builder cant we postosuches its been years

Gamer_Durandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Gamer_Durandal
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

I am trying to temper my excitement for this title - I was one of the stupid people who pre-ordered SimCity when it came out in 2013, still bitter about that one. I've learned the lesson though (at least 90% of the way) to never pre-order titles - always wait for people to review it first, and never rely on just one review.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gladestone1

Simcity had its moments but it was a bloody broken mess..Even the expansion pack was a mess..It still hasnt thrown me from pre ordering the games im following though..Like getting homeworld an cities skylines..Few others like the witcher 3

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

I still play SimCity 4 to this day. Why is that game so good?

1 word: soundtrack!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#18 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Yup definitely looking forward to it. Did anyone here play Tropico 5? Was it good?

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

looks better than sim city

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

There is a chance this game will be great.

And I really hope so, Simcity was a huuuuuge disappointment and I'm really in the mood for some city building.

Gamer_Durandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Gamer_Durandal
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

As it gets closer, I feel myself having to really fight the urge to pre-order it. On the one hand, its a city simulator - a genre I've got a soft spot for. On the other hand, every game I've pre-ordered has been pretty awful as of late. I do still try to play SimCity (2013) but even with the Cities of Tomorrow add-on, its a bit of a grind - and countless things can derail your city without warning - and without any way back (thanks EA for no save game slots to revert to a more stable, earlier version...)

Give me more control over street direction, traffic control, zoning control, taxing, and the like - and I'll be happy with Cities Skylines - as long as it doesn't b0rk something important.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Postosuchus

@gamer_durandal said:

As it gets closer, I feel myself having to really fight the urge to pre-order it. On the one hand, its a city simulator - a genre I've got a soft spot for. On the other hand, every game I've pre-ordered has been pretty awful as of late. I do still try to play SimCity (2013) but even with the Cities of Tomorrow add-on, its a bit of a grind - and countless things can derail your city without warning - and without any way back (thanks EA for no save game slots to revert to a more stable, earlier version...)

Give me more control over street direction, traffic control, zoning control, taxing, and the like - and I'll be happy with Cities Skylines - as long as it doesn't b0rk something important.

Same here, an this coming from someone who never pre-orders. At the very least this game is offline so server connection problems and map sizes designed around multiplayer shouldn't be an issue. If you haven't already you should watch the simulation videos they put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrvybCBTQFE

It seems small but I really like being able to manually set bus routes. Had a hell of a time in SC4 trying to place bus stations where they'd actually be used.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blangenakker

@gamer_durandal: Same here too, the hype is kind of unbearable :(

maddogmark25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 maddogmark25
Member since 2003 • 3632 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Doesn't differ much from Sim City 4 from what I can see, nah I won't even bother to try it - I need something new and innovative.

what exactly new and innovative are you looking from a city-builder?

SC 2013 and Cities XL tried to be "new and innovative" and look how they both turned out

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I'm optimistically hesitant.

It looks to hold a lot of promise if the videos and previews are anything to go by, and knowing that this will be mod-supported ups my interest immensely. My only gripe from watching previews and seeing screenshots is that the art direction leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. It's very bland, not only in color and building variety, but lacks that "spark" of creativity and uniqueness, that for all of Simcity's faults, nailed. Almost comes off as some sort of soulless, lifeless CAD project. Not much of a sense of personality, which a lot of the enjoyment of constructing your own metropolis arises from.

But again, moddable, and as I understand it different themes will be available with more to come. I suspect this will be fairly average upon release but will evolve into the best city builder out there (hopefully) once the community gets its hands on it. Plus, it's wonderful to see someone throw the middle finger at EA in many areas, making them appear more to be the greedy scum they truly are. I'll probably buy the game, even if it's average on release, to send a message to EA as much to Paradox.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Looks far better than the garbage that EA shat out. It's on my wishlist!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@maddogmark25 said:

@PredatorRules said:

what exactly new and innovative are you looking from a city-builder?

SC 2013 and Cities XL tried to be "new and innovative" and look how they both turned out

Well, nothing much, I'm not into city builder anyway, but I do know that it looks exactly as Sim City 4 as I've played it abit and saw what it offers me.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Postosuchus

@PredatorRules:

Simcity 4 with an agent system, better/freeer roadbuilding system, district creation ability, water level mechanics, and no regions. Except for the lack of regions sounds like what a proper evolution of SC4 would be like. Considering it's been over a decade since SC4 was released, I'd say a game as similar as skylines has been long overdue.