Chivalry Medieval Warfare, 50% off, will it go lower?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

I am thiking about getting this game, but want the best deal possible on Steam. Was 33% off, now 50%.

It's a fairly new game so 50% seems good, how low did it go in the Autumn sale?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I am thiking about getting this game, but want the best deal possible on Steam. Was 33% off, now 50%.

SaltyMeatballs

Won't go any lower on Steam that's for sure. Disappointing sale so far IMO. However, it could go lower on another site.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I didn't go lower on any other popular stores and it already had sales on the most popular stores, you can wait, who knows, maybe in a few months it'll be lower, but the game is absolutely fantastic, I couldn't wait that's why I already played it for a while, wanted to wait for some more patches but I couldn't looked like lots of fun and it was even better than I expected.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I am 100% it won't go any lower.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Won't go any lower than that. That's pretty good in fact.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I thought it was 100% worth it at 25 dollars, I've put in about 40 hours and am only taking a break to play new games I've just bought like Natural Selection 2.

It has full stop the best sword-based melee combat I've ever seen in a game. Maybe not quite as deep as Mount & Blade's, but it has much more weight and impact.

They are also releasing a sizeable update with a bunch of free new content in January.

Its my multiplayer GOTY and I urge those on the fence to buy it and try it. Its one of the most visceral and entertaining games around.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Elann2008
^ hmmmm... HMMMMM....
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

I thought it was 100% worth it at 25 dollars, I've put in about 40 hours and am only taking a break to play new games I've just bought like Natural Selection 2.

It has full stop the best sword-based melee combat I've ever seen in a game. Maybe not quite as deep as Mount & Blade's, but it has much more weight and impact.

They are also releasing a sizeable update with a bunch of free new content in January.

Its my multiplayer GOTY and I urge those on the fence to buy it and try it. Its one of the most visceral and entertaining games around.

with_teeth26

I agree its a fantastic game and most of all FUN!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Elann2008
I found this on youtube Shield bug. I would love to use sword and shield, so it's a no buy until they fix it. And some other bugs too. There are some balancing issues with weapons. Is it still in Alpha?
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 with_teeth26

I found this on youtube Shield bug. I would love to use sword and shield, so it's a no buy until they fix it. And some other bugs too. There are some balancing issues with weapons. Is it still in Alpha?Elann2008

yes its still a bit buggy, but some of their complaints are ridiculous (look at the number of views and up votes/down votes, not exactly a reputable source). To block, you need to point your cursor at the end of the other guy's weapon. It's one of the most basic and important mechanics in the game. It may look a bit odd for a horizontal swing to hit around a shield but its how the game works and it makes sense from the point of view of the guy with the shield. If he had turned left a tiny bit he would have blocked the incoming attack.

I'm guessing that guy just sucks at the game and made that video because he was angry.

I use a shield all the time, and as long as I am doing this, they work just fine. You can hit around a shield so they aren't overly useful compared to the normal blocking method which is also fine. The guy complains about stamina use, if anything it takes too long for stamina to run out with some classes.

There are a handful of bugs that the devs are actively working on fixing, keeping in mind its made by a tiny team. A major patch is coming in January which will add new content as well as a bunch of bug fixes.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust

I found this on youtube Shield bug. I would love to use sword and shield, so it's a no buy until they fix it. And some other bugs too. There are some balancing issues with weapons. Is it still in Alpha?Elann2008

Not sure if serious or dramatic troll, really, that's the impression you give me and that guy too, you're expected to deflect hits with a shield, you're not suppose to block everything, even hits that come from your sides when the shield is actually only covering frontal slashes or stabs.

1st hit, slash to his left arm
2nd hit, the other dude let go of block, he tried to time it right but he failed, fail attempt, you clearly see how the retraction animation starts right before he stabs
3rd hit, slash to the neck from the right side of the enemy

Parry problems - that is complete bs and as Unreal would say "mad cuz bad"

After the shield deflected the first hit, 2nd was clearly a slash to his left arm from the sides, wasn't even a frontal hit to the sides, 3rd is bs, that is not a block, 5th hit right after the block...that dude friggin slashed him with a hook...the entire slash was done frontally from behind of the shield (that's what happens when somebody goes face to face, the player throws his sword behind the shield.

The game has some glitches from time to time, however this is not it, gave up on the video because it looks like a try hard trying to make WotR look good and that is a complete failure, the game is designed to work like that, and shield is made to work like in real life with some compromises (like extremely complex animations to showcase the intention, that nobody ever did it before, by nobody I'm talking about big studios like those under EA and Ubisoft), the shield is not a big geometrical form that makes you invulnerable, the shield is only a larger target that, if used like in real life AKA going after the slash and trying to deflect it, will actually keep you safe from hits that weapons wouldn't be able to.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

If anyone wants to play hit me up. Thinking of playing again soon.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I found this on youtube Shield bug. I would love to use sword and shield, so it's a no buy until they fix it. And some other bugs too. There are some balancing issues with weapons. Is it still in Alpha?DanielDust

Not sure if serious or dramatic troll, really, that's the impression you give me and that guy too, you're expected to deflect hits with a shield, you're not suppose to block everything, even hits that come from your sides when the shield is actually only covering frontal slashes or stabs.

1st hit, slash to his left arm
2nd hit, the other dude let go of block, he tried to time it right but he failed, fail attempt, you clearly see how the retraction animation starts right before he stabs
3rd hit, slash to the neck from the right side of the enemy

Parry problems - that is complete bs and as Unreal would say "mad cuz bad"

After the shield deflected the first hit, 2nd was clearly a slash to his left arm from the sides, wasn't even a frontal hit to the sides, 3rd is bs, that is not a block, 5th hit right after the block...that dude friggin slashed him with a hook...the entire slash was done frontally from behind of the shield (that's what happens when somebody goes face to face, the player throws his sword behind the shield.

The game has some glitches from time to time, however this is not it, gave up on the video because it looks like a try hard trying to make WotR look good and that is a complete failure, the game is designed to work like that, and shield is made to work like in real life with some compromises (like extremely complex animations to showcase the intention, that nobody ever did it before, by nobody I'm talking about big studios like those under EA and Ubisoft), the shield is not a big geometrical form that makes you invulnerable, the shield is only a larger target that, if used like in real life AKA going after the slash and trying to deflect it, will actually keep you safe from hits that weapons wouldn't be able to.

When do I ever troll? The Alpha question was a serious question as I don't know too much about this game. As for the guy trolling in the youtube vid, I don't know if he was, but I highly doubt it. What's wrong with pointing out bugs in a game and discussing it? Should we just ignore that because of our bias opinions of a game?

Well that's really good information. Thank you for that. I'll watch more vids and read more reviews and maybe I'll give it a go. I've been wanting to try it for a long time now.

Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

SaltyMeatballs
Just get it while you can. I've already put 60 hours into the game.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust

When do I ever troll? The Alpha question was a serious question as I don't know too much about this game. As for the guy trolling in the youtube vid, I don't know if he was, but I highly doubt it. What's wrong with pointing out bugs in a game and discussing it? Should we just ignore that because of our bias opinions of a game?

Well that's really good information. Thank you for that. I'll watch more vids and read more reviews and maybe I'll give it a go. I've been wanting to try it for a long time now.Elann2008

Sorry for the attitude, but that video was absolutely terrible, the equivalent of Yahtzee without actually being funny.

The half I watched of that horrible video had absolutely no bug, don't know about the second, this game doesn't have bugs, it has random glitches, visual mostly that almost all were fixed in the last patch, as for the developer, they plan on supporting this game, never at one point did they say "f it, game got released s*** it and deal with it, we're gone, cya".

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Just get it already!

50% off for Chivalry is a STEAL!

LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

with_teeth26

Yeah I just bought it today, actually at 16$ when it was 33% off a few hours ago. Should have waited, I would have saved 4$. So far it's also my multiplayer GOTY, I haven't had this much fun in an online game in a long time.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Jump on it. The game is waaaay too good. Loads of fun. I bought it for 16 bucks on from greenmangaming a while back, and have since bought 2 gift copies, also at 16 each, for friends. 12.50 is super cheap. GET IT. You won't regret it. I would have gladly paid the full 25 for it.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanielDust

...actually went and finished watching that video.

- whining about weapon damage for 1/3 of the video = I wouldn't be surprised if he made a custom server with way less damage than default, because his two shots on an official server with thrown weapons kill, since I started with "custom server", yes, people can create servers with custom damage multipliers, you can even die from a block on such servers if you parry straight into the neck of your enemy (works on official too, extremely rare because the health neds to be extremely low).
- trees, this is actually developed like that, after around 20 hours in Chivalry I didn't want to believe it, not because it's gamebreaking, because nobody actually gets even near to trees at any time in any match
- archer shield, it's developed like that, because it's one of the traits of archers which are extremely vulnerable after they shoot their primary weapon, passing through their own shield balances things out and gives archer some chance of survival, this isn't even a problem, nobody at any point, ever, had a problem with this "class feature", bs again - spawn death, complete bs

I don't regret wasting my time on a troll to fix his misinformation, I do regret however that I gave views to that sht video.

Chivalry has only 3 flaws:

- tutorial, "had" bugs, fixed now

- glitches, camera has some random glitches and ragdolls glitch around from time to time (first, mostly fixed, 2nd irrelevant it only brings some random fun moments to the game)

- movement, isn't polished to perfection yet AKA AoC (the mod), it still has some more till it gets as fluid as AoC, you saw a hint of it in that video when that guy was trying to hump some random rocks that nobody goes there, especially for strategical positioning since that guys was trying to look so hardcore

There's also a 4th one, that doesn't affect the actual game, some achivements have problems still, not unlocking or tracking actions.

If you want to get the game, get it, if you think those problems are outrageous and ruin all the fun, don't, wait a year till they make it twice as good as it already is and I personally already gave it a 9.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SaltyMeatballs
What are the game modes, just deathmatch type things?
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DanielDust

Team Objective

Free for All

Last Team Standing

King of the Hill

And in the major patch in Jan, it'll get Duel and Capture the Flag, among other maps, two new weapons, bug fixes and balancing.

Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

What are the game modes, just deathmatch type things?SaltyMeatballs

Don't think, just get.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_bi99man

There's team deathmatch, free-for-all, last team standing, king of the hill, and team objective.

In Team Objective, there's a few different campaigns, for each map. For example, on one map the attacking team is trying to clear a castle wall for a naval invasion. First they have to use torches to light a signal fire, while the defending team tries to stop them. If they succeed in lighting the signal fire before time runs out, the fight moves to stage two, which opens a new part of the map, and the attackers have to destroy the trebuchets on the castle walls. If they destroy all the trebuchets before time runs out, it goes to stage three, opening another new part of the map, where the attackers have to commandeer the enemy's ballistae, to help destroy their fleet in the bay.

Then there's the TO map where the attackers have to push a diseased corpse wagon into the enemy fortress, dump it in their water supply, then assassinate the queen's family. And one where they have to pillage/burn the village, and then push the battering ram up to the castle wall, and break the door down. If the attackers get that far, the top player on the defending team respawns as the king, and the attackers have to assault the throne room and kill him.

And apparently there's a big patch coming in January, which will add in a capture the flag mode, and also a duel mode. Although there's already a bunch of "duel" servers, which are just FFA games, where the players agree to pair off and fight in duels, and players who interrupt others' fights get kicked.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SaltyMeatballs
Sounds great.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
This topic convinced me, bought it. Had my eye on it for a while finally gave in.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_bi99man

Everyone get it! The more the better. I didn't mention in my rant earlier, that some of the servers support up to 64 players. 32 vs 32 Team Objective is some of the most intense sh!t ever.

synxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 synxz
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I found this on youtube Shield bug. I would love to use sword and shield, so it's a no buy until they fix it. And some other bugs too. There are some balancing issues with weapons. Is it still in Alpha?

And to address his rant on how buggy or unsmooth some rocky terrain can be, Torn Banner is an indie dev. Not backed by big publishers eg Ubisoft Activision or EA. Even then I'm impressed by TB studios for making a refreshing melee slasher that is still good, while do need polishing.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#28 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Team objective is my favorite, when u get two good teams goign at it its a blast.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

nope, they have team death match, free for all, i think maybe a capture the flag mode? maybe? but then also objective based modes. all of the Objective based maps have a large variety of objectives. they are great. They have said they are going to add a Duel mode and a Siege mode as well.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

Everyone get it! The more the better. I didn't mention in my rant earlier, that some of the servers support up to 64 players. 32 vs 32 Team Objective is some of the most intense sh!t ever.

the_bi99man

Yeah, it is sersiously dope. I want the game to develope the way killing floor did. The developers have said they are going to add content. I am stoked. everybody should buy, because the game is great now and will only get better.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
So I spent about the last 3 hours playing team objective. Its a damn good game. Its pretty much overtuned Skyrim multiplayer. Love it, just wish there was more unlockables.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 with_teeth26

So I spent about the last 3 hours playing team objective. Its a damn good game. Its pretty much overtuned Skyrim multiplayer. Love it, just wish there was more unlockables. IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

there are more coming in January (for free) including these two:

weaponscreen.jpg

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Addz Biko is L1nsani7y on steam. I need a meat shield knight.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46198 Posts

there are more coming in January (for free) including these two:

with_teeth26

This is what sold the game for me. I was on the fence since I have quite a few other MP games to play and don't want to play too many, as I found you get worse in an Mp game if you play another one.

But I just love developers that support their game like that.:D

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#35 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
It'll go lower eventually, but not during this sale. Shame the game has no single player otherwise I would buy it. If you want it, get it now.. by the time it drops lower it probably won't have as many people playing.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DanielDust
It'll go lower eventually, but not during this sale. Shame the game has no single player otherwise I would buy it. If you want it, get it now.. by the time it drops lower it probably won't have as many people playing.Rattlesnake_8
It will and it's a combat simulator, there's no point in doing something as terrible as M&B's singleplayer when almost nobody will appreciate it, there are bots for offline play.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaltyMeatballs
It'll go lower eventually, but not during this sale. Shame the game has no single player otherwise I would buy it. If you want it, get it now.. by the time it drops lower it probably won't have as many people playing.Rattlesnake_8
Nah, the game seems to have a loyal community
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

...actually went and finished watching that video.

- whining about weapon damage for 1/3 of the video = I wouldn't be surprised if he made a custom server with way less damage than default, because his two shots on an official server with thrown weapons kill, since I started with "custom server", yes, people can create servers with custom damage multipliers, you can even die from a block on such servers if you parry straight into the neck of your enemy (works on official too, extremely rare because the health neds to be extremely low).
- trees, this is actually developed like that, after around 20 hours in Chivalry I didn't want to believe it, not because it's gamebreaking, because nobody actually gets even near to trees at any time in any match
- archer shield, it's developed like that, because it's one of the traits of archers which are extremely vulnerable after they shoot their primary weapon, passing through their own shield balances things out and gives archer some chance of survival, this isn't even a problem, nobody at any point, ever, had a problem with this "class feature", bs again - spawn death, complete bs

I don't regret wasting my time on a troll to fix his misinformation, I do regret however that I gave views to that sht video.

Chivalry has only 3 flaws:

- tutorial, "had" bugs, fixed now

- glitches, camera has some random glitches and ragdolls glitch around from time to time (first, mostly fixed, 2nd irrelevant it only brings some random fun moments to the game)

- movement, isn't polished to perfection yet AKA AoC (the mod), it still has some more till it gets as fluid as AoC, you saw a hint of it in that video when that guy was trying to hump some random rocks that nobody goes there, especially for strategical positioning since that guys was trying to look so hardcore

There's also a 4th one, that doesn't affect the actual game, some achivements have problems still, not unlocking or tracking actions.

If you want to get the game, get it, if you think those problems are outrageous and ruin all the fun, don't, wait a year till they make it twice as good as it already is and I personally already gave it a 9.

DanielDust

The tutorial is still quite buggy, but that doesn't have any affect on the multiplayer gameplay so I don't really care. Just gives a bad first impression. I'm happy with the purchase at 50%, the game is pretty fun so far. Really love the weight of the weapons, especially when pulling off the vanguard sprint attack.

UnrealPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UnrealPro
Member since 2004 • 337 Posts
What does the 4 pack on Steam for $75 come with?
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

What does the 4 pack on Steam for $75 come with?UnrealPro

3 extra copies to give away or sell or trade.  I bought the pack and still have an extra copy left, I could hook you up for the regular sale price (12.50) if you want that game and can't wait for the next sale.