Checkout the soft body car damage!! :O

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OnionGulch
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

Bugbear of Flatout fame, has release new sneak peek playground demo for players that pre-ordered their new derby/racing game. Bugbear has taken their damage model from the Flatout series to a whole new level!! :D

You like soft body car damage, checkout the soft body damage being done in this video I did:

If like what you see, be sure to head on over to Bugbear pre-order page and get your pre-order in and get link to sneak peek demo and show your support for Bugbear who is trying to go without a publisher this time around. And yes the "Next Car Game" has been already Greenlighted on Steam. Will see Steam early access ( alpha version ) in the near future. :) Maybe full game get release in May 2014 if Bugbear stay on schedule.

http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Very tempting.. How long does this offer last?

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OnionGulch

@horgen123 - Pre-order page I think will stay up until at least "Next Car Game" goes live on Steam. Hopefully before Christmas. But Bugbear may just keep their pre-order page up until release, since Bugbear will not have to share the pre-order $$ with Valve/Steam.

This got posted Sunday over at Bugbear forum:

24 cars on track - GREAT! And a quick question

Janne >> Well, more cars was one thing that you guys were asking, wasn't it? :DUnless something major comes up, we will keep the 24 cars for the full game at least for offline play. We have been already testing track races and derbies with the full grid of 24 cars, and thanks to our efficient tech, the performance hit is surprisingly minor. The chief problem is that, as you can imagine, the tracks get extremely crowded since most of them have been designed for a lesser amount of cars, so the going gets quickly very rough. But of course that's something that can be worked around, so it's not really going to pose a problem.Online is something that we cannot confirm yet.

:)

Here a good video of guy enjoying the sneak peek video:

Loading Video...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 horgen  Moderator

Do you have to use paypal? It says no, but it always direct me to paypal.

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OnionGulch

Ya pre-order page want to use paypal. Some in the Bugbear forum have been asking for different payment options, but so far Bugbear has not put up other options. That was one reason to do Kickstarter. Had more payment options, but did not do paypal.

So next option is to wait for "Next Car Game" to go live on Steam for pre-orders. Might happen before Christmas. When game goes live on Steam, the early access / alpha we be ready to tryout for those that pre-order.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator

Finally got it to work so I could buy it without creating/using a paypal account... Never had one I think, yet paypal has closed my account since someone ended up making with my email.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

looks like so much fun.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@horgen123 said:

Finally got it to work so I could buy it without creating/using a paypal account... Never had one I think, yet paypal has closed my account since someone ended up making with my email.

your email account was stolen?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horgen  Moderator

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

@horgen123 said:

your email account was stolen?

I have no idea.

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OnionGulch

@horgen123 said:

Horgen, could you post how you got paypal to take your payment without an account? I would like to post your post at Bugbear forum.

Bugbear has said you can do paypal without an account, but seem guys have had trouble doing it. :(

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator

Well when it first wouldn't take it(tried like 2-3 times), I tried to get my account back... Did a bit of research if that was possible at all, and also why my account could have been locked.

Tried again later on and then it worked. Chose the option for "No paypal account" (which I also did first time) and now it would work. They still needed my email which is tied to a closed account. :?

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OnionGulch

K, don't know if that would help the others thou.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 horgen  Moderator

I think most people don't get the option to do it without a paypal account.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I hope they will get a full game made, I only ever played the first game and I decided to sell it ages ago :(

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OnionGulch

Bugbear hoping to release full version come May 2014.

This got posted today over at Bugbear forum by a Dev:

Early Access Build

Ben Lind >> Early access is going to be a unfinished version. Therefore the plan is to release it soon. Then we can build upon it and release updates steadily until the game is finished. That's the idea anyway.

We in for an early Christmas present from Bugbear?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator

Gotta love that my car is almost fully functional while looking like this!

I think I will have a lot of fun with this game when it is fully released sometime in 2014. :D

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Nice destruction derby game...

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OnionGulch

Here another humorous video done by Lazy Game Reviews:

Next Car Game vehicles JUST WON'T DIE

Loading Video...

We might see alpha release by Christmas!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator

Hahaha!

I usually get my car to something like that as well!

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OnionGulch

@Motokid6 said:

Lmao this looks awesome. Hopefully they do incorporate totaling the car at some point. As an option of course. MORE LIQUID would be nice to see too. When two cars collide head on how awesome would it be to see the radiator fluid blast out? And oil slicks could be used as a slippery trap. 24 cars dumping oil all over the track after some good hits.. that would get interesting lol.

In the play ground demo, totaling the player's car been disable. When alpha get release, your car will wreck in the derbys and races. But I think the cars will be a little tougher than what you see in playground demo.

New sneak peek V2.0 is out. Has a new toy to play with, an object canon that can fire spheres and rockets and can pick objects from the playground and fire them too.

This is my idea for a new derby mode for Bugbear "Next Car Game". I suggest using the sneak peek canyon in a derby. :)

I'm thinking online we could use the spheres or the rockets to wreck the other player's cars. This mode could be last man standing or do a deathmatch with respawns. Deathmatch would have a time limit, say 4 mins, who ever gets the most kills, win the match. I'm not a fan of respawns in a derby, but in a deathmatch mode I be OK with it. Cars would need to ghost for a few seconds after respawn so players could not camp respawn spots for easy kills.

I also think canon derby mode would work good for Team derbys. :)

Not sure if this mode would work offline with the AI. So I suggest in an offline canon derby, you use a free camera mode and are give a time limit to wreck all 23 AI with the canon.

One problem I see with this mode that would need some tweaking, is how fast you can fire spheres or rockets. I don't think it be good for this mode it you can rapid fire the spheres/rockets. Should only be able to fire 1 object per second. and if that too fast, make it 1 object fire every 2 seconds.

Bugbear could use existing derby pits, no need for new derby pits, unless Bugbear put this mode into the sneak peek playground.

So what you guys think?

Loading Video...

I started new thread over at Bugbear forum:

New derby mode with the sneak peek canon?

Stress test, how many balls can your computer juggle ( 58 FPS )? ;)

i5 2500 and a nvidia 660 ( 10 FPS )

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 horgen  Moderator

For that the PhysX from nVidia would be great :P

I have to DL the new sneak peek and try it.

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OnionGulch

Want another way to test out the soft body car damage in the v2.0 Sneak Peek playground demo? If so, checkout my video I uploaded to youtube today. ( suggest set video quality to 720p )

This video is of custom "junk" yard track I did using the object cannon. I did disable the recording of sound because of Fraps black screening the sneak peek when I first started recording trying go through Junk yard. I did add some comments to video using youtube.

Loading Video...

For the details, visit my track thread over at Bugbear forum:

Easy to make your own "custom" track in Sneak Peek demo v2.0.

St. Jimmy did a figure 8 track: :)

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OnionGulch

NCG alpha out on Steam by Christmas? :)

Janne Suur-Näkki - Dec 13, 2013

Indeed, the next release will be Early Access, and it's not too far away anymore.

Beware of the monster within!! :O

If you wreck your car too much in the sneak peak, it becomes a giant

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By horgen  Moderator

I have much to learn D=

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OnionGulch

OK this weekend I tried my hand at derby pit making. Here repost of my posts I did over at Bugbear forum:

Easy to make your own "custom" track or derby pit in Sneak Peek demo v2.0.

Purple44 >>>

Tried my hand at making a derby pit with the v2.0 Sneak Peek using object cannon.

First try I use the big red part of the car crusher to outline the derby pit. I started the playground and let the AI come in a little closer, then hit Esc and disable the AI cars. then I circle the cars. This derby pit felt to big.

Second try I let the AI cars come closer, then disable them, then use my car to push AI into a tighter circle. This time I tried using the car crusher long roller to outline derby pit, but rollers sometimes rolled into the cars. I tried 3 times to make derby pit with rollers, after screwing up the third time, I went with a shorter car crusher roller.

Problem with this derby pit, AI cars were getting stuck in the holes some the rollers made. And most the AI ending up resetting outside derby pit eventually. :(

Third try I did not push the AI cars as far in as In did on second derby pit. This time I use the end of a spinner for object cannon. This object gave me better control in dropping them. But had to put a lot more objects to encircle the pit. AI cars not getting stuck as much with the spinner object, but AI still resetting out side of derby arena. Lot of work to do a short live derby and "repair all" option only repairs your car, not the AI.

Maybe have some video uploaded later today.

Sneak peek not design to do derbys, but had to give it a try and see if it was possible to have a good derby with the AI in close quarters. :P

Purple44 >>>

Got my derby pit video uploaded today:

Loading Video...

Purple44 >>>

I decide to do one more derby pit. This time I just push about a 1/3 the AI cars towards middle of derby pit. The other 2/3 AI cars I left alone. These cars should reset inside of derby pit this time.

Here video of new derby pit:

Loading Video...

For a close up of car damage, you can jump ahead to 21:55.

If Sneak Peek playground is release with final release version of NCG :), I hope Bugbear will also include a Sneak Peek derby pit with all 24 cars inside it, with the physics of the playground demo. And include the object cannon with rockets.

OnionGulch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OnionGulch

If you have not heard yet, Bugbear has sent out emails Saturday to those that have

pre-order the Next Car Game

, with a link to Steam key for NCG pre-alpha. The pre-alpha has the muscle car from Sneak Peek demo and also the small Euro car. There 1 derby pit, 1 dirt track and 1 tarmac track. Can select 12 car or 24 car race or derby.

You can remap your wheel, pad or KB now. Also you can go with all assists ON or better yet turn all assists OFF. All assists off, with a wheel on the dirt is fun drifting the car around the corners. :)

Here a post from a Bugbear Dev:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,1659.msg17929.html#msg17929

Janne Suur-Näkki >>> Thanks guys, we're really happy to hear you're having such a great experience. To be honest, we didn't have too much time for testing to get the release out in time for the holidays, so we were a bit anxious about the quality of the build. Like I think I already stated elsewhere, there are quite a few issues that need to be fixed, but luckily they should not be too detrimental to the experience at this point.

We're also really happy that the first build is finally out because it means that we have pretty much nailed all the boring (to any of our coders reading this, sorry!) stuff and can finally concentrate on building the game around the base we now have. That means more tracks with more content, more cars, proper upgrading, better driving dynamics, and so on, and of course a lot of fine-tuning to everything that we already have.

Of course you guys will be first ones to enjoy all the improvements first-hand with our future Early Access releases.

Checkout this thread for some videos and pics:

Early Access Videos/Photos