capture card for xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PC_JOE_9 (431 posts) -

hey guys, i recently wanted to get a capture card compatible with the xbox 360 for montages and such. I have no clue on exactly what to buy. There is one on ebay for like 13 bucks and it goes to the comp with a usb port. Im not sure this is it. Can someone please show me exactly what i need to buy, no more no less. TY

#2 Posted by cspiffo (2841 posts) -

hey guys, i recently wanted to get a capture card compatible with the xbox 360 for montages and such. I have no clue on exactly what to buy. There is one on ebay for like 13 bucks and it goes to the comp with a usb port. Im not sure this is it. Can someone please show me exactly what i need to buy, no more no less. TY

PC_JOE_9

This can be a little complicated. Most capture cards have hardware encoders built into them which introduce lag of a second or more to the video output. It would be impossible to play any action game while capturing. HD captures are out of the question as well due to the extreme cost of the equipment. If your not too tech savy I'd just recommend getting a DVD recorder for $50 or so and then tranfering the DVD to the PC. If you are a bit more tech savy you could look into getting an older ATI TV wonder PCI card (3 or so years old). They don't introduce any lag. And capture excellent SD video. If you want to go real ghetto you could get a newer capture card, an extra SDTV, and an RCA splitter and split the video signal to the two devices. It's very clunky but it would get the job done.

Just my two cents.

#3 Posted by kaanuki (18 posts) -
checkout the blitzcast blitzbox. its a capture card just for gaming.
#4 Posted by YoungGSReviewer (889 posts) -

Herd the dazzle was a great capture card i don't have any experience with it though.