Can't login to Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by saruman354 (10775 posts) -

Anybody else can't login to Steam? I clicked login and it told me my password was incorrect, so I went to go enter in my email address to change my password and it told me my email wasn't on record. I know that's not true because I bought a game last night and it sent the receipt to my emaill. Blargh.

#2 Posted by thespywholied (3352 posts) -

My steam just went offline too..

Maybe this is why.

Or.. worse of all...

HACKED.

#3 Posted by Grodus5 (7934 posts) -

Don't worry, I've had that happen to me several times. Its usually just a server quirk, just wait an hour or so and it will be back.

#4 Posted by Lach0121 (9734 posts) -

Yeah, it started doing this yesterday I think.

I can open steam, but it says no connection, and I can only play single player games.

It doesn't really bother me, I was about to play some Sylosis on my guitar, but I still would like it to get up and running for a little online gaming later.

(even if it doesn't come back on till tomorrow, I can still play single player C&C 3. (just got it from steam a week or so ago for $15, pretty good deal actually)

oh EDIT: friends have just come online on Steam, so I guess its back up running for now.

#5 Posted by ChiliDragon (8557 posts) -
Given the huge sale they started yesterday, I'm guessing their servers have a lot more traffic than normal, and that leads to hiccups. Nothing to worry about.
#6 Posted by Lach0121 (9734 posts) -

Given the huge sale they started yesterday, I'm guessing their servers have a lot more traffic than normal, and that leads to hiccups. Nothing to worry about.ChiliDragon

This is a good point, they have had a lot of great sales lately.

#7 Posted by saruman354 (10775 posts) -
Yep that seems to be about right. I just logged in no problem. Thanks guys