Can you play Counter-Strike and Battlefiled games with an Xbox 360 controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jason_A (2121 posts) -

I know that for Left for Dead there is an option to play with an Xbox 360 controller - do Counter-Strike and the Battlefiled games have this option?

If so, does it put you at a huge disadvantage compared to people using a keyboard and mouse?

#2 Posted by joshuahaveron (2163 posts) -

I know that for Left for Dead there is an option to play with an Xbox 360 controller - do Counter-Strike and the Battlefiled games have this option?

If so, does it put you at a huge disadvantage compared to people using a keyboard and mouse?

Jason_A

Yes and yes.

#3 Posted by kemar7856 (11512 posts) -

yes u can I play all my games with a 360 controller and I can get decent kills in cod4 but I have 2 use a program called xpadder to use a 360 controller

#4 Posted by Jason_A (2121 posts) -

Ok - thanks for the info so far guys - couple more questions:

1) How big is the disadvantage of using a 360 controller? Can you describe the disadvantage a bit more?

2) Which major games have the controller option built in and which require an external program (I'm mainly concerned with Left 4 Dead which I know has the option built in, Counter-Strike and the Battlefield games).

3) How do external programs work - are they complicated?

4) Does a wireless 360 controller work or only wired?

Thanks.

#5 Posted by kemar7856 (11512 posts) -

1) How big is the disadvantage of using a 360 controller? Can you describe the disadvantage a bit more?

2) Which major games have the controller option built in and which require an external program (I'm mainly concerned with Left 4 Dead which I know has the option built in, Counter-Strike and the Battlefield games).

Thanks.

Jason_A

the disadvantage is that your a lil bit slower to shoot people in fps because aiming harder with sniper rifles but moving,knifing grenades are faster and takes awhile to get used 2.IF u seen me play games online you probley wont believe i'm using a controller u can still play well with them.

CS,battlefield do not have it built in since they came out before 360 came out .use xpadder on games that don't have it but I find alot games do support it

only game on my pc that cant use the controller without an external program that I have is call of duty 4 and WAW external programs are easy to use any will work for

wireless u need a bluetooth receiver

#6 Posted by Jason_A (2121 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jason_A"]

Thanks.

kemar7856

the disadvantage is that your a lil bit slower to shoot people in fps because aiming harder with sniper rifles but moving,knifing grenades are faster and takes awhile to get used 2.IF u seen me play games online you probley wont believe i'm using a controller u can still play well with them.

CS,battlefield do not have it built in since they came out before 360 came out .use xpadder on games that don't have it but I find alot games do support it

only game on my pc that cant use the controller without an external program that I have is call of duty 4 and WAW external programs are easy to use any will work for

wireless u need a bluetooth receiver

Cool - thanks for the info.

#7 Posted by imprezawrx500 (19187 posts) -
not a bluetooth receiver but the x360 receiver for windows. The bluetooth receiver would let you use bluetooth controllers such as the ps3 controller.
#8 Posted by johnny27 (4400 posts) -
u will get owned so badly in cs...
#9 Posted by markop2003 (29917 posts) -
Yes it's possible but you'll die in a couple of seconds