Can't get Arkham Asylum to work...

#1 Posted by Doolz2024 (9604 posts) -

Got it cheap earlier on Steam... but cannot get it to start. Tried a few supposed fixes I found online including transferring some Physx dll files into the game's binaries folder, and completely removing avast from my PC as some people apparently had an issue with this particular AV. Also verified the cache, some files were "reacquired" but that didn't get the game to start. Tried running as admin, running in compatibility mode...

In short, I click play, nothing happens.

Not really sure what else to do. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

#2 Edited by 04dcarraher (19232 posts) -

Try this

Exit steam, go into steam folder find the appcache folder and delete it. Then start up steam let it update itself and verify batman again and run it

#3 Posted by soolkiki (1744 posts) -

Try this

Exit steam, go into steam folder find the appcache folder and delete it. Then start up steam let it update itself and verify batman again and run it

^ This is what I would do.

#4 Posted by Doolz2024 (9604 posts) -

Did that. Same thing happens.

Any other suggestions?

#5 Posted by Doolz2024 (9604 posts) -

Nevermind. Finally got it to start. 2 files were reacquired and unlike the first time that happened, the game launched afterward.

I'm just glad I didn't waste $5! Really wanted to play this again on PC.

#6 Posted by 04dcarraher (19232 posts) -

Have you updated direct x9 and net framework 4?

Also try this find bmlauncher in the binaries folder, right clicked it go to properties>compatibility and set it to windows 7 and then run it as administrator.

#7 Posted by 04dcarraher (19232 posts) -

Glad to hear it works.

#8 Edited by GiantAssPanda (1605 posts) -

For future reference; If all else fails and the game has Physx support (like Arkham Asylum), uninstall the Physx drivers and update or downgrade them to newest/previous versions. I've had these kind of issues with Physx games many times in the past.

#9 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

Glad you got it to work. I love Arkham Asylum!