Can someone recommend me a controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jadjei (417 posts) -

If there is a recommendation thread sorry I couldn't find it. I just recently got into PC gaming due to steam giving out Left Dead 2 for free on Christmas ( lol yes I'm that cheap), later on I bought the Saints Row pack for $30. I'm having trouble playing my games on my laptop so I would like someone to recommend a nice, cheap (not too cheap) controller for me. Thanks for reading :).

#2 Edited by 04dcarraher (19490 posts) -

Just pickup a wired Xbox 360 controller.

#3 Posted by jadjei (417 posts) -

@04dcarraher: Ok will do. Can wireless XBOX 360 controllers work on PC?

#4 Edited by PredatorRules (7810 posts) -

Xbox 360 Wireless controller, and yes it works with PC

#5 Edited by Arthas045 (5175 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

jadjei marked this as the best answer

Just pickup a wired Xbox 360 controller.

The XBOX 360 controller is the best way to go. Most PC games use Xbox button layout/prompts...

#6 Posted by jadjei (417 posts) -

Ok thank you everyone, I'll be getting an Xbox 360 controller soon. :)

#7 Edited by RevanBITW (555 posts) -

Way to go and avoid mentioning that it also requires a wireless controller adapter that can be hard to find and causes all sorts of compatibility problems because you need to manually install drivers to make it work. It's not worth it at all.

#8 Posted by PredatorRules (7810 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

Way to go and avoid mentioning that it also requires a wireless controller adapter that can be hard to find and causes all sorts of compatibility problems because you need to manually install drivers to make it work. It's not worth it at all.

I didn't had any problems with my wireless controller, installing driver as easy as installing GPU driver.