This topic is locked from further discussion.

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

AMD Athlon X2 2.8Ghz

4GB RAM

GB HD4670 1GB GDDR3

Minimum req is 4800 series, canyourunit said I can't run it, but then again, it said I can't run Crysis 2 and Farcry 3, which I did.

Also, if I do manage to run it, do you think I'll get a stable 20-25fps at least? Because I don't wanna be spending my money to play a slideshow.

Thanks in advance :)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Probably not, although CanYouRunIt site did not always was 100% true.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

dont use can you run it. use yougamers.com or game-debate.com. their results will be much more accurate. anyway according to game-deabte no, not in your wildest dreams. time for an upgrade buddy (i can help, drop me a pm)

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

canIrunit says I can run crysis 3, but says I can't run thief....

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Well it runs like shit on my amd r9 290 so if you play it in like 720p with the graphics all on the lowest possible settings you'll probably get like 30+ frames.

That game is pretty shit-tastically optimized

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 coreybg

Ok then, how about on a laptop with HD7670M, 8GB RAM, Core i3 2.5?

Can't use scanners with the laptop, because it's dual gpu and they always detect the onboard intel GPU, no idea why.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Here is a tip. If you are willing to spend $50 buying a demanding pc game dont do it and spend an extra $30-40 and get a semi-decent 7750 that will allow you to play comfortably those games ( at least on low with a couple of medium settings ) or even better buy a used 7850/650ti boost

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coreybg

Well I'm gonna be upgrading, but it won't happen for a few months, so guess I'll just wait, no point in spending money to play the game on low settings and crappy fps. Thanks for the answers everyone :)

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@2ndwonder said:

does "canyourunit" even detect SLI/Crossfire? (that's probably the reason?) But then again it's for noobs. People with multiple GPUs should know better.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@insane_metalist said:

@2ndwonder said:

does "canyourunit" even detect SLI/Crossfire? (that's probably the reason?) But then again it's for noobs. People with multiple GPUs should know better.

I don't think so, but it does detect the total amount of VRAM. But I get the same result with/without crossfire enabled.
Also, according to that site a gtx 660 is better?

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

Don't listen to these "must run at 48883232 FPS for me to use my leeeeeeet skillz" plebs. It's an Unreal 3 game, you could run it on a netbook. Just turn shadows down and AA off and you'll be fine. I'm rocking Unreal 3 games on a 256mb 5450, Phenom II X4 and 8gb crappy RAM just fine.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IvanElk

@krazyorange said:

Don't listen to these "must run at 48883232 FPS for me to use my leeeeeeet skillz" plebs. It's an Unreal 3 game, you could run it on a netbook. Just turn shadows down and AA off and you'll be fine. I'm rocking Unreal 3 games on a 256mb 5450, Phenom II X4 and 8gb crappy RAM just fine.

Have you tried running this game? Cause I don't think you have. This game wouldn't get 10 fps on a netbook.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krazyorange

@IvanElk said:

@krazyorange said:

Have you tried running this game? Cause I don't think you have. This game wouldn't get 10 fps on a netbook.

No because I don't spend my money on trash. I'd rather play as a thief in Skyrim with a ton of mods or reinstall Dishonored. That said, my measly POS can run anything from XCOM to Hawken to Sanctum 2 and Alice or Batman(s). Lots of games "require" specs well beyond mine, but I play them fine regardless. Half the games on my Steam require a 512 or 1gb gpu, but my 256 still cuts it.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IvanElk

@krazyorange said:

@IvanElk said:

@krazyorange said:

No because I don't spend my money on trash. I'd rather play as a thief in Skyrim with a ton of mods or reinstall Dishonored. That said, my measly POS can run anything from XCOM to Hawken to Sanctum 2 and Alice or Batman(s). Lots of games "require" specs well beyond mine, but I play them fine regardless. Half the games on my Steam require a 512 or 1gb gpu, but my 256 still cuts it.

Ok so your saying you totaly know what your talking about giving the TC advice such as "you could run it on a netbook." No you can't if you had tried running it yourself you know you couldn't. I don't know about you but playing a game that constantly spikes down to 10 fps when you are about to fight a guard is not enjoyable.Just because it is running on the unreal 3 engine does not mean it will run like every unreal 3 game.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By krazyorange

@IvanElk said:

@krazyorange said:

@IvanElk said:

@krazyorange said:

Ok so your saying you totaly know what your talking about giving the TC advice such as "you could run it on a netbook." No you can't if you had tried running it yourself you know you couldn't. I don't know about you but playing a game that constantly spikes down to 10 fps when you are about to fight a guard is not enjoyable.Just because it is running on the unreal 3 engine does not mean it will run like every unreal 3 game.

It was obviously sarcasm which you didn't grasp, evidently. I was making the point that the Unreal 3 engine is acclaimed for being highly reliable on a wide spectrum of machines. Turning off/down vsync, AA, AF, and shadows would make the game playable on pretty much any gpu setup. When people insist on playing games with all bells and whistles maxed out at 10000x7000 resolution on an IMAX projector, they won't have a good experience. Thief will run perfectly well on that system with a few options set to off.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IvanElk

@krazyorange said:

@IvanElk said:

@krazyorange said:

@IvanElk said:

@krazyorange said:

It was obviously sarcasm which you didn't grasp, evidently. I was making the point that the Unreal 3 engine is acclaimed for being highly reliable on a wide spectrum of machines. Turning off/down vsync, AA, AF, and shadows would make the game playable on pretty much any gpu setup. When people insist on playing games with all bells and whistles maxed out at 10000x7000 resolution on an IMAX projector, they won't have a good experience. Thief will run perfectly well on that system with a few options set to off.

Yet you don't have the game. Thief is not the same as every unreal 3 game. It is optimized to shit. Worse than GTA IV, I guess it depends what is "playable," but if the game turns into a slideshow at anypoint, I do not think it is enjoyable.

I know it was sarcasm but even being sarcastic, the game can't be playable on even the most recent, best intel integrated graphics, so telling him that it will totally run on his machine without a doubt is not being helpful and will lead him to purchase a game that he will not be able to enjoy with his current machine.

RvBFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 RvBFreak
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

You can probably run Thief, but from my experience, the game isn't optimized too well, even for high-end PCs. I'm getting a lot of stuttering and framerate dips. It looks pretty impressive on max settings though.