Call of Duty: Ghosts PC install >=O

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

So, I got the disc version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, and installed it from the discs, only to discover I had to download an additional 24 gb of data for the multiplayer portion of the game. What gives? Since when did getting the discs, just give you a one-way ticket to downloading the game on the Internet?

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

Hmmm must have been an issue with it not realizing you had the disk or something. Did you try stopping the download, deleting the file contents, and running the game again?

I had a different issue with similar outcome, my CD drive broke so I had to enter to the code and DL the damn thing. Funny part was I only wanted the 6 gb multiplayer download, not the huge single player one.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SystemsGO

@Croag821: No, I didn't try to stop it. By the time I realized it, it had already consumed 3GB worth of downloading. Also, the update that is 24 GB is the multiplayer portion, not the single player.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SystemsGO

Just decided that I would rerun the disc install, because either way I look at it I wont be playing the game anyway today, because it's going to take all day, and I have to work tomorrow. So, if the disc install doesn't work I'll let it go overnight, and while I'm at work, then it should be ready when I'm done. Really wanted to play it on my day off though. :P

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

@SystemsGO said:

@Croag821: No, I didn't try to stop it. By the time I realized it, it had already consumed 3GB worth of downloading. Also, the update that is 24 GB is the multiplayer portion, not the single player.

Thats what I thought too, but after it downloaded I clicked multiplayer and it had to download like 6GB more.