Call of Duty: Ghosts dedicated servers confirmed for Xbox One and PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-22-watch-this-space-for-cod-ghosts-dedicated-servers-on-playstation-xbox-360-and-wii-u

Does having dedicated servers change your stance on the game? 

I'm interested to see what the reviews will say about the game and the state of the franchise.  

Avatar image for Allenmorgan1234
Allenmorgan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Allenmorgan1234
Member since 2013 • 65 Posts
... if it is then i am also looking forward to it ..
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Don't really care... I have never had any negative experiences on matchmade games while on the other hand (on PC with player run servers at least), joining dedicated servers has resulted in me getting kicked and the likes... Same in BF3.

Now I understand some of the kicks... Like getting kicked from a server hosted in Germany because its the only game I can find meeting my criteria... My high ping can be a detriment to others... But I have been kicked for "cheating" multiple times and have never cheated anything... Plus I have been kicked for space (clan run servers with their people all on one side dominating, etc...) Guy gets on, welp we need room for him, kick.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Black Ops and Black Ops 2 had dedicated servers. Black Ops 2 is loaded with hackers right now. It's bad.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11779 Posts

Due to time, money, space etc.  

I have been looking at 3 games to satisfy a MP FPS itch.

COD:Ghosts, BF4, and TitanFall.

I have decided that Titanfall is going to be my first one to really try, (EA does have a refund policy now) 

Ghosts, and BF4 I am interested in, but I would rather have Ghosts come out, and really see what its like first before buying. But it is really nice knowing that dedicated servers will be there in Ghosts.

And I know my rig is showing its age with a few games, and BF3 is one of them. (BF4 I would rather play with a new rig, and would rather wait for a few DLCs to come out, and maybe a premium edition) 

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#7 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Don't really care... I have never had any negative experiences on matchmade games while on the other hand (on PC with player run servers at least), joining dedicated servers has resulted in me getting kicked and the likes... Same in BF3.

Now I understand some of the kicks... Like getting kicked from a server hosted in Germany because its the only game I can find meeting my criteria... My high ping can be a detriment to others... But I have been kicked for "cheating" multiple times and have never cheated anything... Plus I have been kicked for space (clan run servers with their people all on one side dominating, etc...) Guy gets on, welp we need room for him, kick.

Squeets
They probably kicked you for lagging in front of other people with your high ping...
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
Black Ops 2 is loaded with hackers right now. It's bad.Wasdie
This must be a new devlopment. I played regularly the first 5-6 months and rarely saw a hacker.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"] Black Ops 2 is loaded with hackers right now. It's bad.Cranler
This must be a new devlopment. I played regularly the first 5-6 months and rarely saw a hacker.

Yeah I see hackers from time to time but it's far from "loaded" and I play nearly daily. A LOT better than MW3....now that game WAS loaded with hackers.
SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

Black Ops and Black Ops 2 had dedicated servers. Black Ops 2 is loaded with hackers right now. It's bad.

Wasdie

HUH? I never notice a legitimate hacker when I play, ever. Maybe someone who does really good, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're hacking. Then again I only play hardcore, so I don't know if it's any different in core.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

No love for the Playstation... I am still thinking on which FPS to buy next... Ghosts or Battlefield 4 because I've recently played Battlefield 3 and I am in love.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

No love for the Playstation... I am still thinking on which FPS to buy next... Ghosts or Battlefield 4 because I've recently played Battlefield 3 and I am in love.

Ricardomz
Do like I will probably do. BOTH !!!
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

SystemsGO

HUH? I never notice a legitimate hacker when I play, ever. Maybe someone who does really good, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're hacking. Then again I only play hardcore, so I don't know if it's any different in core.

A friend of mine got accused several times of hacking when he tried the BO2 free weekend on steam. He's just a good player. He always does well, but not ridiculously so, in Counterstrike. He wrecked COD so hard, I'm not surprised people thought he was hacking.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

the_bi99man

A friend of mine got accused several times of hacking when he tried the BO2 free weekend on steam. He's just a good player. He always does well, but not ridiculously so, in Counterstrike. He wrecked COD so hard, I'm not surprised people thought he was hacking.

I'm surprised people hackuse in COD considering it's not difficult to be good at the game. BF3, it's the same deal. Takes a bit more skill because the gun mechanics are a ton better than COD but people hackuse. BF3 right now is at the bottom feeder level though because all the players have already moved on and are waiting for BF4.