call of duty 4 saved game files location?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DKdropkick (4 posts) -

does anyone know where to find the saved game files on call of duty 4 (vista) or xp probly the same location

AND OR

can you save those or cut and paste ect. to like a memory card so u dont lose ur files when you reformat

if you know were the location is for a fact not a "i think" answer please email me and or post

fox.addiction@hotmail.com

#2 Posted by Liakos77 (11 posts) -

You can find if you follow this path(for XP): C:\Program Files\Activision\Call Of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profile

U can also copy - paste those profiles!!! And about Vista, a friend of mine who has Vista can't find those saved profiles... So i don't know either....:P

#3 Posted by tjoeb123 (6843 posts) -
For Vista, most recent PC games are located in the C:\Users\Your name\Documents\My Games directory. I wish that they could all be in the C:\Users\Your name\Saved Games directory...
#4 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

You can find if you follow this path(for XP): C:\Program Files\Activision\Call Of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profile

U can also copy - paste those profiles!!! And about Vista, a friend of mine who has Vista can't find those saved profiles... So i don't know either....:P

Liakos77

LOL how so? it's located in the exact same place.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\[Profile Name]

Also, if you copy the profile (just the profile name folder) be sure to make a txt file named active (active.txt), and write in it your in game name, because most only copy the profile name folder and when they paste it back they ask why they can't see their profile in the game. So remember that ;).

Oh and the active.txt must be copied in here, E:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

#5 Posted by codmad (1 posts) -

The location for vista can sometimes be diffierernt in my case for eg i just got a new pc and when i tried to swap my cod4 saved game files to my new system the player/profile folders were no where to be found, after checking on the net i finally found that they are kept in :c/Users//program/virtualstore/activision (this might not be the exact path but thats roughly it) so basically i found that on the net then i tried to look for virtual store......... for some reason vista hides this on my system the only way i found the files were by typing the folder path into the search box then bingo there were all the player folders and profiles :D so if you cant find your vista player folders thats where they are and thats how you find them...... damn vista and its stupid ways.......... hope this helps anyone who has been stuck on this like i was for so long lol

#6 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

The location for vista can sometimes be diffierernt in my case for eg i just got a new pc and when i tried to swap my cod4 saved game files to my new system the player/profile folders were no where to be found, after checking on the net i finally found that they are kept in :c/Users//program/virtualstore/activision (this might not be the exact path but thats roughly it) so basically i found that on the net then i tried to look for virtual store......... for some reason vista hides this on my system the only way i found the files were by typing the folder path into the search box then bingo there were all the player folders and profiles :D so if you cant find your vista player folders thats where they are and thats how you find them...... damn vista and its stupid ways.......... hope this helps anyone who has been stuck on this like i was for so long lol

codmad

There is no such thing on Vista, but for the retail copy, as I can see, you have an digital copy.

#7 Posted by Fabius_ (30 posts) -

Under Vista it's always [driveletter]:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players

You need full rights and visibilty (hidden folders turned off etc) in order to access it. This is for the Retail of CoD4.

[Ifound this site using google, because I didn't know where to copy it, so I added my solution.]

#8 Posted by Ravechrisred (1 posts) -
Hooorayyyyy! I've got my profile in that said directory. thank you very much!
#9 Posted by Ov3rload_B (1 posts) -
guys i got some saved games.i installed my CoD4 in my folder.went to players/profiles/my name/save and i replaced just the svg files.is that good? cuz it doesnt work in game.what i must do?