Buying new CPU Cooler, please help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akamalipc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 akamalipc
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

hello brothers and sisters, after my Cooler master V6 died on me, I try to buy a new cooler for my I7 3930K processor, asus rampage IV Mobo and Cooler master R942 case, so I wanted to buy this : http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Extreme-Performance-Liquid/dp/B009ZN2NH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397907777&sr=8-1&keywords=h100

is it good? should I change the fans? Am I doing a good choice?

many thanks for your help!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

personally have the smaller H80 (ironically after trying out two cabinets and neither fittet the H100, my loss the H100 is slithtly better then the H80).

As for cooling? well will you belive me if I told you that my Asus PC probe right now shows CPU to be around 35 degrees celsius? (a delta of 15 degrees, doing an av scan). Granted that kind of consumer temp gauges are not really all that useful, but still a good indikation of the H series to be pretty solid.

As for changing the fans, depends, are you overclocking? If you are not then setting one or two on the H100 is enough, on stok fans they they make very Little noice, my psu makes more noice to be precise. On setting 3 (if overclocking, or placed idunno... In an oven?) then you might want to change the fans for quieter fans. as it IS very auriable for me.

akamalipc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 akamalipc

@Maddie_Larkin said:

does your case support the H100? which is the most important aspect here. the top fan screws are often placed a Little different then the H100 in my experience (limited granted).

But if it can, then eh it is about one of the best coolers you can have for a 3930, partly because the ram Blocks are so close that any big copper cooler simply wont fit by design.

personally have the smaller H80 (ironically after trying out two cabinets and neither fittet the H100, my loss the H100 is slithtly better then the H80).

As for cooling? well will you belive me if I told you that my Asus PC probe right now shows CPU to be around 35 degrees celsius? (a delta of 15 degrees, doing an av scan). Granted that kind of consumer temp gauges are not really all that useful, but still a good indikation of the H series to be pretty solid.

thank you sir! I do have a HAF X 942 case, do you think that it is compatable?

many thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

should fit by the looks of it :)

If you go ahead and get one, do remember to leave a note on how it went and how you feel about it around here, so other people can use it as reference and oppinions aswell :)

akamalipc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 akamalipc

@Maddie_Larkin said:

should fit by the looks of it :)

If you go ahead and get one, do remember to leave a note on how it went and how you feel about it around here, so other people can use it as reference and oppinions aswell :)

Of course bro, again thank you very much sir, you helped me a lot.

akamalipc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 akamalipc

Hello brothers and sisters! This is an update video from my question and I can say that the Corsair H100i Extreme fits well with the Cooler Master R942 Haf X!

have a look yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWsa30fzExA&list=UUR5dSjkSnqaMCyTAFSYHMDQ

thanks for those who helped me choose! thanks!

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

V6 fan/s died? or was it the controller? Its not a problem just replace the fan or fans , its cheaper option. My V8 fan died on me a few years ago and bought a $12 fan to fix it.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

H100i & H105 are great closed loop coolers.