Buying a new PC case...is this a good choice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352020

It's on sale right now, and I prefer to be gaming as silently as possible.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yes,do it.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

221 reviews

73% 5 star

2% 1 star

you tell me

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

221 reviews

73% 5 star

2% 1 star

you tell me

That doesn't mean anything if its an older product or if there is a better/cheaper alternative.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@k2theswiss said:

221 reviews

73% 5 star

2% 1 star

you tell me

That doesn't mean anything if its an older product or if there is a better/cheaper alternative.

I find the lack of front ventilation disturbing (I know you can open the door but personal preference).

If you don't go for that, try NXZT brand.

I've always used Antec for my cases, but I went with a NXZT Phantom and couldn't be happier.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@FelipeInside said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@k2theswiss said:

221 reviews

73% 5 star

2% 1 star

you tell me

I find the lack of front ventilation disturbing (I know you can open the door but personal preference).

I've always used Antec for my cases, but I went with a NXZT Phantom and couldn't be happier.

There's no need to open the door for front ventilation. Air comes in through the slits on the side. This is done for the sake of noise reduction.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FelipeInside

@Hexagon_777 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

There's no need to open the door for front ventilation. Air comes in through the slits on the side. This is done for the sake of noise reduction.

Yes, but there are still inflow fans at the front... and for places that are hot (like my house in an Australia Summer), the PC needs all the ventilation it can get ;)

Trust me, those slits sometimes aren't enough, lol...

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hexagon_777
@FelipeInside said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Yes, but there are still inflow fans at the front... and for places that are hot (like my house in an Australia Summer), the PC needs all the ventilation it can get ;)

Those slits down the entire height of the case seem good enough for me. One can buy better fans if need be. I never stick with stock fans myself. Don't you have ACs in Australia? What about houses built to keep the cold out in the winter and keep the heat out in the summer? Do you have a decent basement?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

@Hexagon_777 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Those slits down the entire height of the case seem good enough for me. One can buy better fans if need be. I never stick with stock fans myself. Don't you have ACs in Australia? What about houses built to keep the cold out in the winter and keep the heat out in the summer? Do you have a decent basement?

Yeah the slits are fine for normal weather, but on a hot summer's day I had to open the door on my old PC case (it DID make a difference in temps).

Of course I have an AC, but it's not cheap to run, lol... As for the house built, yes... its true but my house is 50 years old so it's not as good in insulation.

Doesn't matter, I'm currently building a new brand new house with ducted aircon, and my NXZT Phantom has a huge fan at the front apart from the door, all good.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Look at this case

Antec 300

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hexagon_777
@FelipeInside said:

@Hexagon_777 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Yeah the slits are fine for normal weather, but on a hot summer's day I had to open the door on my old PC case (it DID make a difference in temps).

Of course I have an AC, but it's not cheap to run, lol... As for the house built, yes... its true but my house is 50 years old so it's not as good in insulation.

Doesn't matter, I'm currently building a new brand new house with ducted aircon, and my NXZT Phantom has a huge fan at the front apart from the door, all good.

I am glad I don't live in Saudi Arabia anymore then. Guess Australians get shafted in more ways in terms of gaming than just having age rating issues. My new case, the Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 Window, will have a total of 10 fans. Call me crazy, but I can't wait!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

a 100$ case? WOW you could get Corsair 500R for 80$, and you could find other good cases for price lower as 40$

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

Look at this case

Antec 300

He wants a quiet case.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

@04dcarraher said:

Look at this case

Antec 300

He wants a quiet case.

He was going about the 3XXX people voted 5 stars even if it has no cable management

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hexagon_777
@PredatorRules said:

a 100$ case? WOW you could get Corsair 500R for 80$, and you could find other good cases for price lower as 40$

Why go cheap on what matters? :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

@Hexagon_777 said:

I am glad I don't live in Saudi Arabia anymore then. Guess Australians get shafted in more ways in terms of gaming than just having age rating issues. My new case, the Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 Window, will have a total of 10 fans. Call me crazy, but I can't wait!

Why are we getting shafted in more ways again?

And how can a case be called "Deep Silence" if it has 10 fans?

BygByron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BygByron3
Member since 2003 • 5572 Posts

I built a rig in one less than a week ago and love it. Tons of room for cable management.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

$100 is a lot of money for a plastic and steel case, I would pay $100 for the Fractal R4 if it was real aluminum.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

I love my R4. Good cable management, ton's of sound dampening (the case is near 27lbs!), built in fan controller, great build quality, simple sleek design.

The thing that made me a big fan of Fractal actually stemmed from a problem. When I got my case, the door on the front had an issue with the finish. The protective plastic removed some of it. I called in about it, and instead of having to RMA the case and wait, they just sent me a new front panel. No hassle, no fuss. Just, "What's your address?" "OK, it should be there in 3-5 days". To me, great customer service means a lot when it's so hard to find these days.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chriscoolguy

After watching reviews I might get this case, does anyone know if my motherboard and graphics card would fit into it? sapphire 7950 and an Asrock z68 Pro 3 LGA 1155?

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

After watching reviews I might get this case, does anyone know if my motherboard and graphics card would fit into it? sapphire 7950 and an Asrock z68 Pro 3 LGA 1155?

They will. You can also remove part or all of the hard drive cages to allow for extra length for your GPU and/or more airflow from the front.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chriscoolguy

I do want this, but man like a week ago I seen where they had the same deal with an extra $20 off with a coupon code, $89 after shipping. Might have to wait a little while, want it, don't need it.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hexagon_777

@FelipeInside said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Why are we getting shafted in more ways again?

And how can a case be called "Deep Silence" if it has 10 fans?

The heat certainly doesn't helping gaming. XBox 360s must have died left and right during the summer time. It doesn't have 10 fans, those shall be added. A very nosie insulated case with very quiet fans and fan controllers and what not.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chriscoolguy

This case is on sale with an even better deal $89 with the $10 coupon + free shipping. I just ordered one. Looks like an awesome case.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chriscoolguy

Got the fractal R4 set everything up, MAN what a nice case.