Buy Dead Island Riptide on PC or Xbox?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gordan34 (32 posts) -
When the first Dead Island came out on Steam they uploaded the Dev version and everything got really messed up. The other thing was that the first Dead Island didn't want to work well with my Logitech G930 Headset, I kept getting really blown out audio and never really finished on the PC cause of that. So shall I take a risk and buy for the PC, or just be safe and get it for Xbox?
#2 Posted by TwistedShade (3164 posts) -

To be honest even buying it on a console wouldn't be safe. I remember how messed up it was when me and two friend's, got it on the PS3.

#3 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Where are your friends playing? That's the decision maker I'd say, being a co-op centric game.
#4 Posted by Gammit10 (2261 posts) -
Where are your friends playing? That's the decision maker I'd say, being a co-op centric game.skrat_01
This plus your preference for input method.
#5 Posted by GarGx1 (2618 posts) -

I really enjoyed Dead Island on the PC. Got it day one and never had any problems worth writing about.

The correct answer is get it for the platform you prefer and the same one as your friends may play it on

#6 Posted by Byshop (11336 posts) -

"Buy Dead Island Riptide on PC or Xbox?" he asked in the PC games forum...

DI1 wasn't an awesome port. The game itself played fine, but the menus and other pieces of the non-game UI were a bit wonky, particularly if you ran Eyefinity. Still, the PC version was the best version of the game overall.

-Byshop

#7 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -

Dead island is def one of those games were you get it on whatever your friends are playing on because its nowhere as good playing by yourself or with strangers. The friend fun factor def trumps the advantages the PC ver will have imo.

#8 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -
Can I recommend neither the first was terrible and what I have seen of the new one looks the same. I guess I would say buy the one your friends do because it will be even worse by yourself
#9 Posted by bobbetybob (19250 posts) -
Where are your friends playing? That's the decision maker I'd say, being a co-op centric game.skrat_01
100% this. I thought Dead Island was terrible in SP but it was fun to mess about with friends in co-op.
#10 Posted by charlesnitrotek (87 posts) -

I think PC is better than Xbox for this game.

#11 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -
Get it for whichever platform your friends want to play on. If they have no preference, and quite a good rig, then get it on the PC.
#12 Posted by True_Sounds (2889 posts) -

Came in here to say this