Business Management games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nerkcon (4707 posts) -
What are some Business Management or Business Simulation games would you recommend? I don't care what they are: theme parks, zoos, cities, whatever. But preferably, I would like one based on entertainment (movies, video games, comic books) or technology (home computers mainly) because those are the businesses I would like to go into if I ever start one. I literally woke up one morning recently and wondered if it would be fun to run one. We have a very old Sim Theme Park for the PS1. You had to manage prices, payment, make sure rides were working right, and keep the parks clean. I actually had a lot of fun with it but... we don't even have a PS1 memory card anymore! :( I can't save any progress so I didn't bother. So I came to the PC forums because I think the PC would be best for these kind of games. Please note I have a crud PC (7300 LE, 1 gig of DD1 RAM.) This is kinda embarrassing for me to ask but... could you suggest realistic ones? I actually have thoughts of starting one one day. :oops: They don't have to be (I don't think a game could ever compare to the real thing in any shape for form) but if there are any that would be great. Just put *realistic if it's realistic, if realistic ones are hard then I may not start out with one. Ones I have played: Sim's Theme Park (PlayStation) My PC... very cruddy. (I can play FEAR on Oblivion on low.)
#2 Posted by grassdream (1902 posts) -
Capitalism 2 is really good but has a pretty steep learning curve, it's probably the most advanced/realistic business simulation out there. I also had a lot of fun with Jurrassic Park Operation Genesis, which is similair to Sim Theme park. And there's always the classic- Roller Coaster Tycoon
#3 Posted by Nerkcon (4707 posts) -
Capitalism 2 is really good but has a pretty steep learning curve, it's probably the most advanced/realistic business simulation out there. I also had a lot of fun with Jurrassic Park Operation Genesis, which is similair to Sim Theme park. And there's always the classic- Roller Coaster Tycoongrassdream
I have never thought of playing a politic simulator, what is that like? What exactly do you have to manage? I don't like politics very much. JPOG sounds kinda cool though: "Dream it. Build it. Survive it." Do you have to go through the park and avoid getting eaten after you make it or something? :P
#4 Posted by nicknees93 (3250 posts) -
black market all the way! even though i'm not that into sims.
#5 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Yeah, I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.. and Sim City games are pretty good..
#6 Posted by Nerkcon (4707 posts) -
Yeah, I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.. and Sim City games are pretty good..Elann2008
Which Sim City game is the best? Are the new ones any good? Despite having a bad computer I don't like bad graphics.
#7 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
I'd recommend Capitalism 2, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2-3 and Railroad Tycoon 2-3.
#8 Posted by p00pz (1029 posts) -
Open TT .. Open Transport tycoon, best transport/economy game ever.
#9 Posted by Captain__Tripps (4521 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Yeah, I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.. and Sim City games are pretty good..Nerkcon
Which Sim City game is the best? Are the new ones any good? Despite having a bad computer I don't like bad graphics.

Sim City 4 is good... The newer ones like Societies are not supposed to be very good. 

#10 Posted by Nerkcon (4707 posts) -
So Sim City, Roller Coaster Tycoon, What about Zoo Tycoon? (My sister has it and all the expansions) I guess I'm going to play that first. Any others? :?
#11 Posted by Nerkcon (4707 posts) -
I remember hearing about a Simulator that was actually about making video games. Is it any good? (I heard it was bad...) Is there ANYTHING about making money off of movies, video games, or some form of electric entertainment?
#12 Posted by MechanicalSpork (52 posts) -
This isn't necessarily a simulator type game you're thinking of, but you might want to give X3: Terran Conflict a try if you like space games. It's pretty much a universe simulator with a complex economy, you can start a business and make factories and stuff like that.
#13 Posted by Jinroh_basic (6413 posts) -

i would like to play a game based on the enterprise of Viktor Bout, aka the Merchant of Death