Bulletstorm won't open. Also origin support is hilarious.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

I'm trying to try out Bulletstorm for the first time. Launching through Origin. I get this message.

gfwl.jpg

Nothing else. As you can see, there's no button to press. Nothing to click to say, "yes, go ahead and confirm release date, and let me play." It just throws that up, and sits there, doing nothing. Tried like half a dozen times.

#2 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
Did you contact origin?
#3 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

No. I kinda don't even want to bother. How's the game? I got it for free during origin's promo code snafu the other weekend. So far I've tried two of the free games I got, and was massively disappointed with both. If it's gonna actually take any real effort to get Bulletstorm working, I'll probably just uninstall it, and try out Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

#4 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -

i got Bulletstorm during that 2 and the first time i ran it it gave me some BS about being corrupted and just started working out of nowhere. Then it GFWL had to update like 10 times before it finally worked. Overall id say you not missing much Its very run of the mill stuff imo. Glad i didnt pay for it.

#5 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

i got Bulletstorm during that 2 and the first time i ran it it gave me some BS about being corrupted and just started working out of nowhere. Then it GFWL had to update like 10 times before it finally worked. Overall id say you not missing much Its very run of the mill stuff imo. Glad i didnt pay for it.

Gen007

Yeah, I'm not super excited for it, but I've heard decent things, and since I got it free, I'd really like to at least give it a try. And I totally wouldn't mind needing to update. It just doesn't seem to want to work at all. It gives me the message saying that GFWL is going to verify release date... but it won't do it.

#6 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Oh wow. EA's customer support officially just got the lol of the day from me. Decided to ask about this on the origin forums. The customer support guy replied quite quickly, and we got a dialog going. Here's how it went.

Just installed bulletstorm, trying to try it out for the first time, and it just won't open. I click on the play button, and I get this message.  Just that. No button to press. Nothing to click to say, "yes, confirm release date and let me play". Just that. And then it just sits there. Tried about 20 times now. Restarted origin multiple times. What's going on?I

Please right click the game, and click "repair" and "update". Then try to launch the game.Origin Support

Right clicking, and no repair or update option. I've got
Play
Show Game Details
Add to Favorites
Hide
UninstallI

What is the version of you OS ?Origin Support

Windows 7 64 bit.I

Try press Enter.Origin Support

originsupport.jpg

How do I even respond to that? What is he asking me to do? Now taking bets.

#7 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26150 posts) -

beavis_I-understand_your_frustration.jpg

Did you try setting it on FIRE!? That would be cool.

#8 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

ChubbyGuy40

Hahaha. Oh, that's an amazing pic. Anyway, I figured it out. Not sure if he meant for me to press enter while on the GFLW window, talking about verifying release date, but I tried that, and it worked. So, hopefully that's what he was talking about. Still, though.

#9 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

All I want to know is...why did the laser reflect instead of just hitting the wall?!

#10 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26150 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

the_bi99man

Hahaha. Oh, that's an amazing pic. Anyway, I figured it out. Not sure if he meant for me to press enter while on the GFLW window, talking about verifying release date, but I tried that, and it worked. So, hopefully that's what he was talking about. Still, though.

Actually tried to play Bulletstorm just now. Got it for free too. It kept saying some sh*t was corrupted and when I used the repair tool, Origin thought I uninstalled it. Just downloading it again instead of trying to fix that issue.

#11 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

All I want to know is...why did the laser reflect instead of just hitting the wall?!

jer_1

Because George Lucas is a dumbass.

Anyway, Just played the first couple chapters. It's alright. Has some real annoyances though. Puttin some shots in the screenshot thread.

#12 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
Yeah was gonna say, had the same problem with DR2 when it was released. For some reason you have to press enter on the gfwl screen, but it never tells you that you have to. Pretty badly made.
#13 Posted by BattleSpectre (6135 posts) -

Nice screens you have of Bulletstorm in the "what game were you just playing" thread, the game looks pretty fun.