Building a PC (yaaa i need help)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deathifing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deathifing
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Anyways like the title says I'm wanting to get a pc, and to be perfectly honest it's so i can run wow at ultra setting with 50+ fps, and the only thing i really know anything about are the processors (i7, i5, amd's fx xxxx... ect with the appropriate ghz rating ect.), the gcu's, gtx 650, 760, R9 270, however i'm pretty much clueless on the rest. anyways that's actually even pretty irrelevant. so I have $815 buget that I can not go over (however i can get a lower voltage PCU and buy a better one seperately / order seperately from the above pricing... this is an xmas gift thing and i intend to get the most out of it).... I don't need to worry about a monitor either, or a keyboard, or a mouse... just the tower... Help! lol

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Editing

deathifing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deathifing

Well what I'm wanting to do other than wow, is well Heroes of the storm / D3, pretty much Blizzard games, as well as ESO and GW2 (guildwars, incase you don't know that one) that about stretches to all what i play on the computer... well i was toying around with one of the websites i've seen people recommend using and this is what I came up with, I appreciate the build you did and i definitely like what you've put up there, plus it being from newegg makes me feel a lot better about it as well, anywho this is what i came up with, feel free to rip me a new one or praise it or whatever it is that you do, neways I'll be more than appreciative for the buld recommendations if anyone else manages to come up with some (always a good idea to get as many suggestions as possible)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qoSQ

deathifing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deathifing

oops, forgot i dont need a sound card / nework card... forgot it came on the motherboard

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qpcm (edited list)

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HavocV3

@deathifing said:

Well what I'm wanting to do other than wow, is well Heroes of the storm / D3, pretty much Blizzard games, as well as ESO and GW2 (guildwars, incase you don't know that one) that about stretches to all what i play on the computer... well i was toying around with one of the websites i've seen people recommend using and this is what I came up with, I appreciate the build you did and i definitely like what you've put up there, plus it being from newegg makes me feel a lot better about it as well, anywho this is what i came up with, feel free to rip me a new one or praise it or whatever it is that you do, neways I'll be more than appreciative for the buld recommendations if anyone else manages to come up with some (always a good idea to get as many suggestions as possible)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qoSQ

Nah, dw about that.

I just noticed that I forgot to include Windows 7 in my build as well.

BTW, I chose the 3570k over AMD in my build since Intel favors WoW and pretty much every other Blizzard game out there. The FX 6300 isn't bad by any stretch though, it's one of the best price:performance CPUs you can get.

($200 for a 3570k is a really good deal too)

I'll redo my build since I forgot like $100 worth of crap.

Also, do you mind rebates? Are you willing to stretch your budget if they permit it?

deathifing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deathifing

Can't really count on rebates, as its $815 all in one go kinda thing... the rebates are nice, buttt can't really calculate em in the actual price

I'd like to go with a GTX 760, considering i've heard nothing but great things about it and also if i do find myself playing different games i'd like the build to beable to handle it.

I really do appreciate the help though

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HavocV3

-Then buy this PSU separately. After promo code: EMCWVVP33 it's $58. There's a $20 MIR available too.

-Buy Windows 7 seperately and use promo code: EMCWVVP36 to get it for $80.

Total: $663.

Total after all rebates: $618

Notes:

-You'd be over budget if you went with this build and the same GTX 760. So my bad for excluding the OS the first time around.

-You could drop maybe $20-$30 off the mobo if you wanted. That ATX Asus I found was literally the only one I really looked at.

-That FFXIV code could be sold for $15 on Ebay.

But there's really nothing bad about the FX 6300 build you came up with. I'd just swap that HDD with the Seagate Barracuda 1 Tb from my screenshot and I'd go for the PSU & Windows 7 from Newegg like the ones I linked above.

deathifing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deathifing

I appreciate the help, I'ma go with your build, however i've managed to find some shortcuts myself :P... Not worrying about the Optic driver, (gonna rip one from the other computers laying around here, not a biggy, saves $20) then i have an extra HDD with Windows 7 installed on it already that I'ma just use, and just opt out on the OS all together lol... also going with the gtx 760... i actually scrounged up some more money if all else fails (brother saying, its an early bday present, sooo works for me) I think i can make this work.. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HavocV3

@deathifing said:

I appreciate the help, I'ma go with your build, however i've managed to find some shortcuts myself :P... Not worrying about the Optic driver, (gonna rip one from the other computers laying around here, not a biggy, saves $20) then i have an extra HDD with Windows 7 installed on it already that I'ma just use, and just opt out on the OS all together lol... also going with the gtx 760... i actually scrounged up some more money if all else fails (brother saying, its an early bday present, sooo works for me) I think i can make this work.. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Part salvaging, Great idea =)

And no problem. I hope everything works out for you.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Just a warning using old DVD drive on most new motherboards do not support IDE. I ran into this myself with a new build.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

You might as well add like $30 or so more and get FX-8320 (8 cores). It's a lot better! Also with FX processors, Asus mobos would be a good way to go. EVGA GTX 760 is good choice!

- Might want to get a CPU heatsink cuz the stock one on FX series sounds like a chainsaw!