Building a new pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

So far I have these put together

Monitor:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005QVZ79C/ref=ox_sc_act_image_5?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Keyboard:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00AABCQJM/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?ie=UTF8&m=AB0BBPZITGZ8A

Mouse:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00E290JRE/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&m=A1ML5JQD0TUS0A

OS:

Windows 7

Wireless card:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006PMX964/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

CPU cooler:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0068OI7T8/ref=ox_sc_act_image_6?ie=UTF8&m=A1D873RMPMIV2C

Dvd rom:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CC6YN6M/ref=ox_sc_act_image_7?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Firstly are those all to good enough standard for gaming?

And secondly I am looking to make a console which can play most games at 1080p 60fps but I also need 16gb of ram for animation and editing.

so what I am hoping for is the cheapest possible PC that can reach that criteria.

so could you recommend:

1) a suitable case

2) A good CPU and corresponding motherboard

3) a GPU

4) a PSU

5) a cheap SSD

6) ram

What I listed already comes to £250 gbp for monitor, os etc

I would ideally like to keep the whole build below £850 GBP (from the UK) including the above mentioned 250

any help or recommendations greatly appreciated

#2 Posted by 04dcarraher (19575 posts) -

Here is the tower

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Graphics-BX80646I74770-Generation-Technology/dp/B00CO8TBOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388086433&sr=8-1&keywords=i5+4670k

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-240-Pin-Desktop-F3-1600C9D-16GXM/dp/B007GWMQ66/ref=sr_1_14?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1388086562&sr=1-14&keywords=16gb+DDR3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Z87-PRO3-Motherboard-Generation/dp/B00CYWDKWM/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1388086582&sr=1-3&keywords=asrock+z87

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-TX650V2-Enthusiast-Series-Bronze/dp/B004O0P9TO/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1388086634&sr=1-2&keywords=corsair+650w

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1388086698&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+760

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B0055Q7BR4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1388086723&sr=1-1&keywords=corsair+400r

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-120GB-Basic-Solid-State/dp/B00E391KA8/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1388086841&sr=1-2&keywords=evo+840

#3 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

@04dcarraher:

not bad

but it is about 150 pounds over budget

Is it a big difference if I got a sandy bridge instead of intel, of not which is the best performing combo of AMD CPU and MOBO at a cheaper cost?

#4 Posted by Arthas045 (5217 posts) -

I have an AMD 8350 and I love it, but I cannot compare against an I5.

Also cheap and SSD just don't see that. With my upgrade I just went with a normal HDD. At this point I cannot justify the price.

#5 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

@Arthas045:

yh but a ssd 120gb os only 20 pounds more than a tb hdd, i dont need a tb so an ssd is fine

#6 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

Is AMD releasing a new chipset anytime soon?

I hear there were quite a few problems with the fxs.

Also is this a good enough card for current games at 1080p 50-60 fps on high settings? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A1572TQ/ref=aw_ls_2_6?colid=37HCZK6ONIQ0B&coliid=I38DWUG4G08CU5

#7 Edited by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

For Monitor

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VN247H-23-6-inch-Widescreen-Multimedia-1920x1080/dp/B00A4415KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388097959&sr=8-1&keywords=VN247H 149£

Keyboard is nice you can get Roccat Arvo for the same price range

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roccat-Arvo-Compact-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B002YWZ804/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388098300&sr=8-1&keywords=roccat+arvo 40£

the mouse is fine as well but if you want cheap good gaming mouse this is my go

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-SL-6393-RD-Ledos-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00EOTR10K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388098422&sr=8-1&keywords=speed+link+ledos 18£

CPU cooler is awesome best bang for your buck (wise choice) 29£ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-120mm/dp/B0068OI7T8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388101097&sr=8-1&keywords=evo+212

For case I recommend http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-Compact-Computer/dp/B009GXZ8MM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388098911&sr=8-1&keywords=200r 48£

For CPU http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-FX6300-Edition-4-1GHz-Socket/dp/B009O7YORK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388098964&sr=8-1&keywords=fx6300 83£

For MOBO http://www.amazon.co.uk/N68C-GS-FX-Motherboard-GeForce-ASRock/dp/B0083B6HEQ/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1388099616&sr=1-10&keywords=am3%2B+motherboard#productDetails 36£

For RAM http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-Ripjaws-X-Memory-1600MHz-240-pin/dp/B0064DQR9U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388102704&sr=8-3&keywords=16gb+ram+g+skill 115£

For GPU http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100828&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+760#productDetails 180£

For PSU http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Series-Bronze-Supply/dp/B009RMP2VE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100986&sr=8-1&keywords=500+watt 43£

SSD http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-120GB-Basic-Solid-State/dp/B00E391KA8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388102632&sr=8-2&keywords=evo+ssd 69£

Total 810£

I don't know if 250Gb is all you need but you can go with 1TB HDD as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-internal-Hard-Drive/dp/B0088PUEPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388101346&sr=8-1&keywords=1tb+hdd 44£

TOTAL OVERALL 854£

#8 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

@PredatorRules:

looks good

a few things:

what is the difference between monitor you suggest and this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005QVZ79C/ref=aw_ls__2?colid=4G6TJ1I24HEK&coliid=I4KD9GKCZ3YKS&vs=1

also between the amd chip listed and an intel haswell i5 how large is the performance difference, because buying haswell should set me up for future upgrading shouldnt it?

And finally between the gpu you listed and this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A1572TQ/ref=aw_ls_1_8?colid=4G6TJ1I24HEK&coliid=I1SKXQBGMHB1LN

what is the performance difference?

Cheers for the help

#9 Posted by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

@PredatorRules:

looks good

a few things:

what is the difference between monitor you suggest and this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005QVZ79C/ref=aw_ls__2?colid=4G6TJ1I24HEK&coliid=I4KD9GKCZ3YKS&vs=1

also between the amd chip listed and an intel haswell i5 how large is the performance difference, because buying haswell should set me up for future upgrading shouldnt it?

And finally between the gpu you listed and this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A1572TQ/ref=aw_ls_1_8?colid=4G6TJ1I24HEK&coliid=I1SKXQBGMHB1LN

what is the performance difference?

Cheers for the help

1st I've edited the SSD lowered to 120Gb instead of 240 and upgraded RAM to 16 as you've listed you want to edit animations etc.

I was surprised the price stayed the same LOL

The difference between the screens are: 5ms your screen, mine is 1ms (faster response)

The FX are better for programs in performance so that would be cheaper and better solution for your edit animations; I agree i5 Haswell are better for gaming (not that much though) but it'll cost you double.

For GPU difference is http://www.hwcompare.com/14808/geforce-gtx-760-vs-radeon-hd-7870/

should be about 20% faster for 30£ more.

#10 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

What about this then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/4G6TJ1I24HEK

it has most of your recommendations with the OS and everything included

somehow with little changed this has added up to 1020!

#11 Edited by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

What about this then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/4G6TJ1I24HEK

it has most of your recommendations with the OS and everything included

somehow with little changed this has added up to 1020!

Your HDD is 20£ more for no reason (Unless you really need that extra TB)

You don't need the wireless adapter

Wouldn't go with OCZ as PSU and it's costs more

I'm not using CDs at all so no point for me at least using CDROM

OS itself costs about 86£ so that would bump the price a lot.

You could settle with a bit less GPU power like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11200-07-20G-Graphics-HD7850-GDDR5/dp/B008HV63NM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388111726&sr=8-1&keywords=7850

But that's all I'll change for including OS

#12 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

What is the difference between the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100828&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+760#productDetails

and the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirecrCU II OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00DM9B6FO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

#13 Posted by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

What is the difference between the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100828&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+760#productDetails

and the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirecrCU II OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00DM9B6FO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Clock speeds, if you go with 760 get either Gigabyte or MSI.

#14 Edited by insane_metalist (6143 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@mattamomo said:

What is the difference between the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100828&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+760#productDetails

and the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirecrCU II OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00DM9B6FO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Clock speeds, if you go with 760 get either Gigabyte or MSI.

Or he can get the SC EVGA which has the best cooler out of them all.

"EVGA ACX COOLER With a 40% increase in heatsink volume, the EVGA ACX is more efficient at dissipating heat, allowing for 15% lower GPU temperatures. A reinforcement baseplate maintains a straight PCB, and helps lower mosfet temperatures by 7% and memory by 15%. Even the fan blades are of the highest quality: with a 700% increase in strength, and 25% lower weight when compared to competitors. This makes the fans 20% more efficient by requiring lower power levels. EVGA is also using double ball bearing fans which offer a 12 year lifespan, four times longer when compared to competitors!"

#15 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

so between this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-Nvidia-GeForce-Superclocked-Graphics/dp/B00DMB6D8W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388179149&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=EVGA+SuperClocked+02G-P4-2765-KR+GeForce+GTX+760+2GB+256-bit

and this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DMUN9TE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

i take it the EVGA will give better performance at lower temperatures?

If so is it worth the extra £26

I have accepted im going to have to spend about 1000-1200 all in all to get a pc and monitor with peripherals so GPU is something i want to get right and ill get the i5 haswell just beacuse in two years i want to be able to upgrade.

Seriously appreciate the help

#16 Edited by insane_metalist (6143 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

so between this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-Nvidia-GeForce-Superclocked-Graphics/dp/B00DMB6D8W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388179149&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=EVGA+SuperClocked+02G-P4-2765-KR+GeForce+GTX+760+2GB+256-bit

and this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DMUN9TE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

i take it the EVGA will give better performance at lower temperatures?

If so is it worth the extra £26

I have accepted im going to have to spend about 1000-1200 all in all to get a pc and monitor with peripherals so GPU is something i want to get right and ill get the i5 haswell just beacuse in two years i want to be able to upgrade.

Seriously appreciate the help

Gigabyte or EVGA either way you can't go wrong. I have EVGA 760 and can not complain at all! If you want to save a couple extra bucks get the Gigabyte. The reason I got EVGA is because of the cooler. I must say, I'm glad that I returned the Nvidia edition and got EVGA instead. Now I can easily overclock it and never have to worry about heat.

#17 Edited by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

@PredatorRules said:

@mattamomo said:

What is the difference between the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100828&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+760#productDetails

and the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirecrCU II OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00DM9B6FO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Clock speeds, if you go with 760 get either Gigabyte or MSI.

Or he can get the SC EVGA which has the best cooler out of them all.

"EVGA ACX COOLER With a 40% increase in heatsink volume, the EVGA ACX is more efficient at dissipating heat, allowing for 15% lower GPU temperatures. A reinforcement baseplate maintains a straight PCB, and helps lower mosfet temperatures by 7% and memory by 15%. Even the fan blades are of the highest quality: with a 700% increase in strength, and 25% lower weight when compared to competitors. This makes the fans 20% more efficient by requiring lower power levels. EVGA is also using double ball bearing fans which offer a 12 year lifespan, four times longer when compared to competitors!"

Gigabyte's WindForce and MSI Twin Frozer are excellent choices; Not sure where you're gaining those quotes out of but the 40% increase heatsink volume is compares to the stock.

#18 Posted by insane_metalist (6143 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@insane_metalist said:

@PredatorRules said:

@mattamomo said:

What is the difference between the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100828&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+760#productDetails

and the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirecrCU II OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00DM9B6FO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Clock speeds, if you go with 760 get either Gigabyte or MSI.

Or he can get the SC EVGA which has the best cooler out of them all.

"EVGA ACX COOLER With a 40% increase in heatsink volume, the EVGA ACX is more efficient at dissipating heat, allowing for 15% lower GPU temperatures. A reinforcement baseplate maintains a straight PCB, and helps lower mosfet temperatures by 7% and memory by 15%. Even the fan blades are of the highest quality: with a 700% increase in strength, and 25% lower weight when compared to competitors. This makes the fans 20% more efficient by requiring lower power levels. EVGA is also using double ball bearing fans which offer a 12 year lifespan, four times longer when compared to competitors!"

Gigabyte's WindForce and MSI Twin Frozer are excellent choices; Not sure where you're gaining those quotes out of but the 40% increase heatsink volume is compares to the stock.

I'd go with EVGA or Gigabyte but that's just me personally. Although a good buddy of mine got MSI GTX 770 and he seems to like it. I don't have anything against MSI lol besides the fact that I heard, they have the worst customer support. I just think EVGA and Gigabyte got better coolers.

#19 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

so as far as the £200 budget goes for a GPU is one of these two the best money can buy for performance ratio?

#20 Edited by insane_metalist (6143 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

so as far as the £200 budget goes for a GPU is one of these two the best money can buy for performance ratio?

As far as this price range, you won't find better. You can't go wrong with one of the two. They're pretty much the same except different looks, different coolers.

#21 Posted by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

@PredatorRules said:

@insane_metalist said:

@PredatorRules said:

@mattamomo said:

What is the difference between the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-GTX760-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00DMUN9TE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388100828&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+760#productDetails

and the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirecrCU II OC 2GB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00DM9B6FO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Clock speeds, if you go with 760 get either Gigabyte or MSI.

Or he can get the SC EVGA which has the best cooler out of them all.

"EVGA ACX COOLER With a 40% increase in heatsink volume, the EVGA ACX is more efficient at dissipating heat, allowing for 15% lower GPU temperatures. A reinforcement baseplate maintains a straight PCB, and helps lower mosfet temperatures by 7% and memory by 15%. Even the fan blades are of the highest quality: with a 700% increase in strength, and 25% lower weight when compared to competitors. This makes the fans 20% more efficient by requiring lower power levels. EVGA is also using double ball bearing fans which offer a 12 year lifespan, four times longer when compared to competitors!"

Gigabyte's WindForce and MSI Twin Frozer are excellent choices; Not sure where you're gaining those quotes out of but the 40% increase heatsink volume is compares to the stock.

I'd go with EVGA or Gigabyte but that's just me personally. Although a good buddy of mine got MSI GTX 770 and he seems to like it. I don't have anything against MSI lol besides the fact that I heard, they have the worst customer support. I just think EVGA and Gigabyte got better coolers.

Heard about their customer support too on this forum. Except that everything is fine.

#22 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

Final thing i guess

between the OCZ pro 600w

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001GLFD54/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

and the corsair 600w

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009RMP44O/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

for the same price which is best? OCZ has many more favourable reviews

#23 Posted by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

Final thing i guess

between the OCZ pro 600w

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001GLFD54/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

and the corsair 600w

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009RMP44O/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

for the same price which is best? OCZ has many more favourable reviews

Corsair hands down

#24 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

Any particular reason?

Cheers

#25 Edited by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

Any particular reason?

Cheers

Leading brand more reliable (along with Antec and Seasonic)

Speaking so - it doesn't guarantee 100% for sure it'll last longer before it dies; But when a company starts to make a name of herself, it's likely to manufacture more reliable products ;I say likely not 100% so yeah i'd take the products out of a company that is more reliable than other competitors.

But once a company starts to take more money because of popularity of her brand THEN I start to rage and spend my hard making money on other brands which are leading as well but don't take credit for the logo or name of their brand.

I can give you many examples: Apple, Logitech, Razer and many more.

#26 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

Watching some demos on youtube the 6300 is paired with the gtx 760 is not bottlnecked by the CPU and gives almost excactly the same as the i5 with about 10% difference in i5s favour. So with that in mind i think i have this together as final.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2sLRd

i want to order this week so any changes you can recommend or is it good enough for the money?

#27 Posted by Arthas045 (5217 posts) -

Looks like a great setup to me! Hope you enjoy your purchase.

#28 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

I know i will Arthas

Only thing im worried about is the size of the haf 912 case, does anyone know if the gtx 760 fits well and if so is it a nice quality case?

#29 Posted by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -
@mattamomo said:

Watching some demos on youtube the 6300 is paired with the gtx 760 is not bottlnecked by the CPU and gives almost excactly the same as the i5 with about 10% difference in i5s favour. So with that in mind i think i have this together as final.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2sLRd

i want to order this week so any changes you can recommend or is it good enough for the money?

Go with my recommendation for RAM

A) Better cooling

B) lower CAS (faster module)

C) costs less

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-Ripjaws-X-Memory-1600MHz-240-pin/dp/B0064DQR9U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388102704&sr=8-3&keywords=16gb+ram+g+skill

#30 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

@PredatorRules:

yh i will thanks, i was just struggling to find it in the lists of the part tracker

#31 Posted by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

@PredatorRules:

yh i will thanks, i was just struggling to find it in the lists of the part tracker

Yeah I know sometimes better of searching for parts on website itself rather than pcpartpicker which somehow manages to miss

#32 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

Im thinking its all ready now, i wish i could see the case though, last one i got let me down quality wise and im hoping the haf 912 will be up to standard

#33 Edited by special-ops (122 posts) -

I wish I could have a PC then I can do things on it and I like this topic but you know me I would love it.

#34 Edited by mastershake575 (8354 posts) -

@insane_metalist said:

@PredatorRules said:

Or he can get the SC EVGA which has the best cooler out of them all.

Yeah the AXC SC is a sick card (1200+ mhx overclocks on the 760 are pretty much guaranteed).

Evga did a great job with the ACX cooler (the 760/770/780 series are experiencing amazing temperatures/overclocks with the cooler, in most cases better than other competition). A lot of review sites are showing slightly higher overclocks than triple fan designs such as the wind force and the lighting

#35 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

Well unfortunately ive hada change of mind, im going to have to save up a few more months and i dont want to buy a GPU when this whole mantle thing could change things up and i would need to upgrade.

but for now i want to know what the benefits of all in one water cooler and a fan cooler

i was thinking hyper 212 evo or h60

i hear some good and very bad things about all in ones.

planning on an intel i5 haswell which i know run hotter with overclock.

#36 Posted by insane_metalist (6143 posts) -

Hyper 212 would do just fine unless you plan on extreme overclocking.

#37 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

Ok, but i also much prefer the look of a water cooled cpu in clear panel case

#38 Edited by PredatorRules (7973 posts) -

@mattamomo said:

Ok, but i also much prefer the look of a water cooled cpu in clear panel case

So get the water cooling instead?

I really don't understand why you ask us here on forum the choice between the evo 212 and the h60 and then you say you prefer water cooling.

The h60 is fine by cooling as well, both air and water cooling you'll need to make maintenance every few months

@mattamomo said:

Im thinking its all ready now, i wish i could see the case though, last one i got let me down quality wise and im hoping the haf 912 will be up to standard

The HAF 912 is excellent case for it's price. (60$)

watch this:

#39 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

@PredatorRules:

im not asking about looks im asking about performance and quality

A lot of people on here say corsairs all in ones are shoddy quality and not worth it, if that is true then its most likely not for me, thats what i was asking, for anyone who has had one and if its reliable and half decent quality.