Building a Computer, how are these components so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

Hey all, I'm getting parts together to build a computer and was wondering what you think of them. I want to be able to run video and audio editing software as well as obviously gaming (want to run Skyrim with those realistic graphics mods if possible or at least at the highest settings). Here's the components I have come up with so far:

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)

16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz

2TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 64MB Cache

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 Ti with 2GB GDDR5

DW 1550 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Wireless Combo

I know these components aren't the best, but hey, there's always going to be something better. But if I can do what I want to do with it then it works for me and I can always make upgrades along the way.

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated, I've been gaming for a while but am kind of new to PC gaming.

#2 Posted by PredatorRules (7583 posts) -

16Gb RAM, i7 is all you need for editing.

GTX760 will run Skyrim on max easy.

#3 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

Right on, thanks for the post. I just don't want to end up cutting myself short or end up going overkill for what I want to do.

#4 Edited by mattamomo (920 posts) -

@PredatorRules:

i saw ob that requirements thread that thief was going to make use of the i7? It may be a good idea to stick with it?

#5 Posted by Horgen (110075 posts) -

I thought there was no 760 Ti from nVidia, only the regular 760. Do you want to overclock? If so you will need the 4770K model along with a Z87 motherboard.

#6 Posted by PredatorRules (7583 posts) -

@PredatorRules:

i saw ob that requirements thread that thief was going to make use of the i7? It may be a good idea to stick with it?

Nope, unless you do heavy duty programs such as editing, why do you think Apple worstation Mac Pro ownes Xeon E5 processor? it's a work station, it requires beast CPU.

#7 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

@horgen123: I'm not exactly sure what it means to overclock so I don't think it'll be something I'll be doing.

#8 Edited by kraken2109 (13010 posts) -

It will do what you want.