Build me a gaming pc for $800?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShortTall (659 posts) -

Hello, i'm looking to build a PC from scratch for my friend. Unfortunately i'm not experienced nor educated enough yet to make all the right choices in building one. Sure i can build one but id rather not have anything bottle necked on accident. As stated in the title the budget is $800 give or take. There is a case that we found but i'm skeptical about it due to the price and specifications. Please do tell if its good or not.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156252

I want him to have a PC that'll be strong and max most games for the next 2-3 years, till its time to upgrade of course. I believe the phrase is, "Get the most bang for your buck" That is what i want, please build me a rig that gives me my moneys worth.

The sooner it can be built the better, thank you for your help in advance :)

#2 Posted by PredatorRules (7405 posts) -
#3 Posted by ShortTall (659 posts) -

@PredatorRules: Thank you SO much! :D IT looks great :) And this are the absolute BEST parts i can get for $800?

#4 Edited by PredatorRules (7405 posts) -

@PredatorRules: Thank you SO much! :D IT looks great :) And this are the absolute BEST parts i can get for $800?

Well I've suited you up with K version of the best current gaming CPU and the most recommended medium range GPU that can be overclocked to stock 770 performance, so basically yeah.

#5 Posted by ShortTall (659 posts) -

@PredatorRules: thank you very much :) i appreciate the time you put into it.

#6 Edited by Arthas045 (5100 posts) -

@ShortTall: He does this so much I think he has them bookmarked. Lol

#7 Edited by PredatorRules (7405 posts) -
#8 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

Without getting into specifics, the key to budgeting your PC build is making you sure you have all the latest slots -- specifically the processor. You can save in terms of video card and the like, but pretty much once your processor is shot, the slots in the motherboard have moved on to the next generation, and you're basically looking at building a new PC.

So pretty much, go for the balls to the wall processor, and then budget everything else accordingly. Things like video cards tend to drop drastically in price after a year or two, and the latest and greatest video card is completely unnecessary right now, as a solid card from a year or two ago will run games at max settings.

#9 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -
#10 Edited by Mortalmaster123 (1226 posts) -

@PredatorRules how is the 4670K better then the 4770k for gaming? Just curious btw, I read reviews and comparisons of both and just trying to understand that whole concept haha :P, thanks for any input.

#11 Posted by PredatorRules (7405 posts) -

@PredatorRules how is the 4670K better then the 4770k for gaming? Just curious btw, I read reviews and comparisons of both and just trying to understand that whole concept haha :P, thanks for any input.

It's not better, there's no difference in gaming between both of them right now so you save yourself a 100$.