Bought Splinter Cell Conviction but having performance issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IcyRhythms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IcyRhythms
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts

Splinter Cell Conviction is a bit old now...I figured that I would have little to no trouble running this game. Getting odd framerate drops here and there just walking around in this game. I have a GTX 570, i72600K, and 8GB RAM. Turned the HDR stuff off with little to no change. Turned HDR back on and turned down the AA to 4xMSAA. Still little to no change.

Seems some are claiming poor optimizing

Curious if there is a fix of any kind since Ubi decided they weren't going to bother with patching any longer

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
It is indeed a very poor port.
kresimirzvonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kresimirzvonko
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Just put shadow of textures to lower quality. There will be no graphic differences but you will have more frames.
IcyRhythms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IcyRhythms
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts

Just put shadow of textures to lower quality. There will be no graphic differences but you will have more frames.kresimirzvonko

I will try that but no one should have to change their settings for the reason of lazy porting. Thanks guys

Mareczek99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Mareczek99
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts

Yeah, the moment I turned Conviction on I thought there is something wrong with my PC. You can turn everything to low other than textures to make it look ok and play smoothly enough.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
It's a good port, but they overestimated UE 3, they added lots and lots and lots of props around and UE 3 can't handle that much action on screen.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
^ There's a lot of detail in Splinter Cell Conviction. It's actually a very good looking game. Runs very well for me. Like with other Ubisoft games (Assassin's Creed series), I get mostly 60fps, but it dips here and there.
kresimirzvonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kresimirzvonko
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It's a good port, but they overestimated UE 3, they added lots and lots and lots of props around and UE 3 can't handle that much action on screen.DanielDust
Actually its UE 2.5 :P
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
It's a good port, but they overestimated UE 3, they added lots and lots and lots of props around and UE 3 can't handle that much action on screen.DanielDust
UE 3 is one of the better engines this gen. And Splinter Cell Conviction runs on a highly modified version of the UE 2.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]It's a good port, but they overestimated UE 3, they added lots and lots and lots of props around and UE 3 can't handle that much action on screen.fend_oblivion
UE 3 is one of the better engines this gen. And Splinter Cell Conviction runs on a highly modified version of the UE 2.

Nobody said it isn't and that's even worse (I remembered it when kresimir posted), they filled it up with props as I said before and they modified the engine heavily, it can't take all of that just as UE 3 can't handle a game that is even lighter than Conviction, Dungeon Defenders, but sure, the developers are the only ones to blame, they wanted to make a beautiful game and they didn't care enough about the limitations, even so performance isn't bad enough to miss such a great game.