Borderlands 2, will I run it fairly decent?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gordan34 (32 posts) -
Specs are Core 2 Duo 2.67ghz, GTX 460 v2, 4GB Ram. yougamers.com says I should be fine but just want a second opinion from you fine folks here.
#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31167 posts) -
Surely.
#4 Posted by Renevent42 (5406 posts) -

What a comedian folks! Let's give it up for jakes456!

Anyways Gordan34 you should be fine, that's well within the required specs.

#5 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3936 posts) -
You will be able to almost completely max it out. I ran the first Borderlands completely maxed out on a HD 4890 and a Phenom II 550 (dual core) and got a solid 50FPS+ (1680x1050). You won't have a issue playing that game with a Core 2 Duo and a GTX 460. You don't have to worry about it one bit. Install it then set it to high settings and play the game :) (when it becomes available).
#6 Posted by osan0 (12862 posts) -
physx may cause a few performance problems. try it and if the game is performing badly then turn that off first. other than that you should be fine.
#7 Posted by Gordan34 (32 posts) -
Thank You guys for Info, im gonna buy it and play the hell out of it! :D
#8 Posted by FelipeInside (25963 posts) -
Sorry to hijack the thread. I've never played Borderlands 1, but this one looks good (I love those kind of graphics). Is it all online? Can you play solo? Can you just log on and play with some random online person? or do you need to set up a party beforehand. Does it have a story?
#9 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

This is a superficial viewpoint but from the screenshots it looks about the same graphically as the original game. My computer seems to have the most difficulty with shadows and open world spaces. So, unless those have been drastically changed between games, I'm confident.

#10 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

we have a sticky for this. id also like to point out that this is UE3.9 this isnt exactly cryengine 3 or unigine engine. simply put if you cant max out an UE3 game on a system with even a remotely recent (like 2-3 years old (varying on the card)) and a cpu jsut as old. something is wrong with you

#11 Posted by FelipeInside (25963 posts) -
Also to add to my prior questions. Is ur character stored online? Like Diablo3 or an MMO?
#12 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Also to add to my prior questions. Is ur character stored online? Like Diablo3 or an MMO?

Nope. It's store on your PC. That's why there's the LAN option.
#13 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3936 posts) -
[QUOTE="trastamad03"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Also to add to my prior questions. Is ur character stored online? Like Diablo3 or an MMO?

If you get it on Steam it is. To my surprise after building a new PC and booting up the game last month I found that all my saves were there :D.
#14 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

lol the game has cartoon graphics, literally. I can run it on my 486.

jakes456
perhaps a pentium P5 could run it, but a 486? surely you jest.
#15 Posted by FelipeInside (25963 posts) -
[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="trastamad03"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Also to add to my prior questions. Is ur character stored online? Like Diablo3 or an MMO?

If you get it on Steam it is. To my surprise after building a new PC and booting up the game last month I found that all my saves were there :D.

We are talking about Borderlands 2, not part 1.