Biostar Hi-Fi A55S3 vs ASUS F2A85-M motherboard help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jerome64martin (2 posts) -
Hey guys, i am building a new system. My last one is 3 years old now and now i wanna start with a new setup. I am thinking to get 16 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 450. My processor will AMD A10-5700. The only thing thats left is a good motherboard. Now i dont wanna put too much money on it, thats why i came up with those two choices. The price for both of them is in the same range just below 200 dollars. So what are your thoughts about that? any help would be appreciated :)
#2 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

Hey guys, i am building a new system. My last one is 3 years old now and now i wanna start with a new setup. I am thinking to get 16 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 450. My processor will AMD A10-5700. The only thing thats left is a good motherboard. Now i dont wanna put too much money on it, thats why i came up with those two choices. The price for both of them is in the same range just below 200 dollars. So what are your thoughts about that? any help would be appreciated :)jerome64martin
dont get 16gb ram.. try 8gb. the difference is so small its not even a joke. you will be lucky if you get .00001 fps more :P there that should solve your motherboard issue and maybe let you up the cpu to an a10-6700 richland

#3 Posted by JimmyJumpy (2554 posts) -

Hey guys, i am building a new system. My last one is 3 years old now and now i wanna start with a new setup. I am thinking to get 16 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 450. My processor will AMD A10-5700. The only thing thats left is a good motherboard. Now i dont wanna put too much money on it, thats why i came up with those two choices. The price for both of them is in the same range just below 200 dollars. So what are your thoughts about that? any help would be appreciated :)jerome64martin

Forget the Biostar and go for Asus.  Also, why buy a GTX450? I thought you said you wanted a "new" system?

#4 Posted by pokemondude2012 (5938 posts) -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138366 I have this MB with 4 gigs of ram and the A106800k its a great board for cheap. I haven't had any problems with it.
#5 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

If you are on such a tight budget, why buy 16GB RAM, if this is primarily for gaming get 4GB ram for now. I have had 4GB of RAM on my primarily gaming PC for a year and have not yet needed to upgrade it, but I guess if you are doing some serious editing and multitasking maybe get just 8GB then upgrade if you need more, and with that extra cash you could get a decent gpu unless this not for any gaming. Also, probably go with that board pokemondude recommended if you already got the cpu it is only $70 with coupon, and why not get fx 6300 ($120) with an msi 970a-g46 ($85) if you have not yet purchased the a10, because I believe it should be better than the a10-5700.

#6 Posted by jerome64martin (2 posts) -

If you are on such a tight budget, why buy 16GB RAM, if this is primarily for gaming get 4GB ram for now. I have had 4GB of RAM on my primarily gaming PC for a year and have not yet needed to upgrade it, but I guess if you are doing some serious editing and multitasking maybe get just 8GB then upgrade if you need more, and with that extra cash you could get a decent gpu unless this not for any gaming. Also, probably go with that board pokemondude recommended if you already got the cpu it is only $70 with coupon, and why not get fx 6300 ($120) with an msi 970a-g46 ($85) if you have not yet purchased the a10, because I believe it should be better than the a10-5700.

redskins26rocs
thank you for your answers. i thought about more RAM because its comparable cheap to add extra here. other components will be easy more expensive but its difficult to see why i should pay more for a motherboard if the features are the same. especially for biostar i could not find so many bad information. for asus is much more discussion but its not always that positive... regarding the processor: i just picked what might be good in my budget. i am open for any other advice :) same with the graphics card.
#7 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"]

jerome64martin

thank you for your answers. i thought about more RAM because its comparable cheap to add extra here. other components will be easy more expensive but its difficult to see why i should pay more for a motherboard if the features are the same. especially for biostar i could not find so many bad information. for asus is much more discussion but its not always that positive... regarding the processor: i just picked what might be good in my budget. i am open for any other advice :) same with the graphics card.

please whats your budget there bud?