Bioshock Vs. Crysis

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MCH
Member since 2003 • 972 Posts

I'm thinking of getting a new computer sometime in the next year or so, and though I don't play games a lot anymore, there are a few games coming that look really interesting. Which of these shooters do you think will be better and which will be more revolutionary?

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts

Bioshock -

Gameplay - 9/10

Graphics -  8/10

Story - 10/10

Replay Value - 6/10 

Sound -  9/10

Crysis:

Gameplay - 8/10

Graphics - 10/10

Story -  6/10

Replay Value - 8/10 

Sound - 9/10

Up to you but thats what i think it will be

Irate_Hobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Irate_Hobbit
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts

Well graphics wise nothing is going to be able to compete with Crysis. The water will look very good in Bioshock but it won't compare to Crysis.

Gameplay wise I think Bioshock will be revolutionary in the ways you interact with the various groups in Rapture. I think it will have more decision/consequence depth than any other game. Crysis looks like the suit and weapon cutomization but thats not really anything new. Only when compared to Farcry.

Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts
Personally, I'd get Bioshock. Mainly because of it's sub-genre and it promises a deeper plot. There's plenty of visual games out and coming up, but to me, a game isn't so swell if there's no storyline (needed for replay value in these class of games).
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
My prediction for the two games (using Gamespot's review scale). Bioshock: Gameplay - 8 Graphics - 9 Sound - 9 Value - 9 Tilt - 9 Overall: 8.4 - Great Crysis: Gameplay - 9 Graphics - 10 Sound - 9 Value - 9 Tilt - 9 Overall: 9.2 - Superb
FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 FLYmeatwad
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
BioSHock has been one of my most anticipated games since I first learned about it last year.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#7 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Pretty much all depends on what you want out of a game.

if we were to use previous games as a gauge... I'd say that Crysis is going to be a challenging game with great graphics.

Bioshock will be a game all about atmosphere and story.

jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts

BioShock i'll enjoy so much it wont even be funny I love games like this.

Crysis will also be a blast considering the awsome gameplay style, destructive envirements and extreme graphics.

dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
Crysis looks very good. The only danger is that it will end up being a new version of FarCry with better graphics.

Bioshock looks ok... i'd like to play a demo of it before i buy it though.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts
I'm looking forward to Bioshock, although I have reservations about it, particularly because it's a multi-platform title and they tend to end up unoptimized for the PC, complete with console GUI, FOV and clunky controls that are usually inappropriate. I think Crysis will probably be a more polished game on PC, because it's being developed for PC first. As for being revolutionary, I don't think either game really fits that bill, although Bioshock is supposed to be doing some interesting things with the AI. Whether or not they can pull it off is another matter.
warplacebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 warplacebo
i say crysis i really like farcry
PutU2REM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PutU2REM
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts
Is this some kind of joke? Bioshock, all the way! If we go by prior games, Bioshock vs. Crysis becomes System Shock 2 vs. Far Cry, and I fart in your general direction if you believe FC was better than SS2.

But regardless of the strength of my opinions, this is a silly argument. We're comparing apples and oranges.
stavredzikov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stavredzikov
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
Far Cry is one of the best game i have played. I hope that Crysis will be even better
jbkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jbkilla
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts
I say bioshock, The gameplay and story look way better than crysis which just seems like it's going to be a cliche shooter with graphics that I'll never be able to have on my computer.
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Bioshock, unless you're a real graphics whore, or they over-consolize it.
warplacebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 warplacebo
i want crysis cause its more realistic not just graphics but i am looking forward to both of them :D and excited about both
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#18 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Bioshock could suffer Invisible Waritis and in that case it will suck. I have confidence that Crysis will be pretty sweet anyway.
WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts
why the HELL is everybody jumping on the RETARDED Crysis-is-just-gfx bandwagon.

I HATE this crap,
1. game isnt out, you might have seen what the game looks like, have you seen a complete mission or played it yourself? 2. Yeah, Crytek has shown it sucks at making FPS with good settings, right, Farcry is your proof....
3. Excuse me, i might be shallow by your standards, but i actually like the story and i dont find anything wrong with it.

..."well ur durr i just think durr crysis is only gfx lol bbq trust me ive played it" stfu already.
fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts

Crysis will have the better graphicsBioshock will have the better story. Underwater destroyed civilization is a much better place for a storyline then aleins attacking. I'm gonna check out both though, even if I'll barley be able to run Crysis on low.... I'll have my 360 for Bioshock however :)

-FatTony

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
Crysis looks like it will be a generic shooter. A gorgeous shooter, but still generic. There's really nothing setting it apart from others except for the visuals from what I've seen. It'll be a fun run&gun game but other than that...

Bioshock on the other hand sounds like it will be amazing. The atmosphere and story could equal the System Shock series. The visuals are stylistic and have an interesting theme. The gameplay seems incredibly interesting and fresh, as are the supporting cast of characters/creatures in Rapture.

Bioshock hands down. It'll be remembered in 5 years, and Crysis will be forgotten in the wake of a new, pretty, generic shooter coming up the pipeline.
getchasome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 getchasome
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts
Think back to Far Cry. Beautiful game, so so story. Think back to System Shock 2. Awesome story, so so graphics.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lockedge
why the HELL is everybody jumping on the RETARDED Crysis-is-just-gfx bandwagon.

I HATE this crap,
1. game isnt out, you might have seen what the game looks like, have you seen a complete mission or played it yourself? 2. Yeah, Crytek has shown it sucks at making FPS with good settings, right, Farcry is your proof....
3. Excuse me, i might be shallow by your standards, but i actually like the story and i dont find anything wrong with it.

..."well ur durr i just think durr crysis is only gfx lol bbq trust me ive played it" stfu already.
WARxSnake
Personally, I think that if Crysis had anything special to offer in-game, it would have been hinted at or shown in gameplay videos or in interviews. it's hard to hype gameplay as better than generic when there's nothing better to show. Right now it just looks incredibly pretty and it'll probably be a solid shooter ala Doom or Gears of War. But it won't be a game that sets itself apart from the pack like System Shock, Deus Ex, etc. have. Bioshock seems like it will be one of those special games that might not be a pick-up and play game like Crysis will be.
gamergeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamergeek
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts
[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]My prediction for the two games (using Gamespot's review scale). Bioshock: Gameplay - 8 Graphics - 9 Sound - 9 Value - 9 Tilt - 9 Overall: 8.4 - Great Crysis: Gameplay - 9 Graphics - 10 Sound - 9 Value - 9 Tilt - 9 Overall: 9.2 - Superb

allen1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 allen1080
Member since 2002 • 322 Posts
Bioshock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for teh ween
allen1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 allen1080
Member since 2002 • 322 Posts
Bioshock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for teh ween
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#27 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
Its hard to say, both games look so fun, I will just have to get both
Sephiroth__666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Sephiroth__666
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

I'm thinking of getting a new computer sometime in the next year or so, and though I don't play games a lot anymore, there are a few games coming that look really interesting. Which of these shooters do you think will be better and which will be more revolutionary?

MCH

Both are going to be awesome, so get both, they will both be revolutionary.
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
Bioshock isn't my personaly taste for a game, I'm looking forward to Crysis more but I'm hoping Bioshock will grow on me.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
BioShock.
nappy65_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nappy65_basic
Member since 2002 • 1234 Posts
From the videos I've seen, it looks like the actual gunfights are going to be much better in Crysis than Bioshock. Bioshock makes up for this with its RPG elements though. If you like action and gunfights, then Crysis will be better. If you like to sit back and puzzle solve more, then Bioshock will be better IMHO. Story rarely ever makes a game more enjoyable unless it's an adventure game. It's the gameplay that counts. If a game is fun to play, you're not going to notice a weak story.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I wish both games fair well.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts
I'd say that Crysis will be more revolutionary, due to the possibly-never-before-matched-emergent-gameplay-options (while Bioshock looks somewhat too similar to System Shock 2 - the only difference seems to be setting, graphics and AI).
Having said that, I'll definitely be getting both.
Erandel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Erandel
Member since 2004 • 1164 Posts
Its really too early to comment, as both could end up like old carp (unlikely but they could) so I'm abstaining for now.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Bioshock seems to be the better of the two by far.. The devs actually look like they are trying to make something new and rememberable.. The only thing Crysis has done is add a new graphics engine that we have yet to see what its capable of... 

Bioshock we can actually judge how it may be because there has been a lengthy demo video on the game for quite awhile.. Crysis on the other hand has a few trialers and thats about it, which eveyr one is basing their hype on.. Its pretty rediculous.. In the end we have little idea on either game, but if I had to choose from the two from what I have saw Bioshock wins hands down for me.

Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
Get em both then compare, they'll both be great...
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

Bioshock seems to be the better of the two by far.. The devs actually look like they are trying to make something new and rememberable.. The only thing Crysis has done is add a new graphics engine that we have yet to see what its capable of...

Bioshock we can actually judge how it may be because there has been a lengthy demo video on the game for quite awhile.. Crysis on the other hand has a few trialers and thats about it, which eveyr one is basing their hype on.. Its pretty rediculous.. In the end we have little idea on either game, but if I had to choose from the two from what I have saw Bioshock wins hands down for me.

sSubZerOo

Crysis has some excellent gameplay features, there have been quite a lot of previews already. Some mentioned that the gameplay features blow the graphics away... That pretty much says it.

I'm looking forward to Bioshock, but it needs to live up to Deus Ex and System Shock 2. Bioshock also has the risk of being consolized, because of the 360. Eventhough i'm anticipating this game, it will need to something special...
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts
depends what type of gamer u are. gamespot will probably turn all IGN over crysis bioshock will probably be more indepth than a crazy killamajig body suit hulk incredible farcry with ice game
Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts
Bioshock could suffer Invisible Waritis and in that case it will suck.nutcrackr
I wouldn't judge it so early - yet. Don't like a multplatform merging of controls, but if it keeps to a keyboard and mouse play, I may overlook that wart IF the storyline is equal to the original Deus Ex in detail and immersion value. Dying for a new game that has a d-e-e-p plot and very immersive. @ WARxSnake: the selling point for Crysis IS it's graphics. But not much is known about if it'll have a good storyline. That's the selling point for BioShock (where Deus Ex and System Shock fans are rejoicing over, as such games are becoming too darn rare now). Crossing fingers the game is at least 20hrs of playing time, too (I can hope!).
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
Crysis will be technically and artistically [better] than Bioshock. However, I think UT2007 will have more replay value even though the UE3 isn't as DX10-specific as the engine powering Crysis. I think Bioshock is, well, rather dumb, and will probably get an 8.2 on the PC side of things.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
I don't even think I will bother with Crysis. It just looks like Farcry with DX10 graphics.
Bioshock looks like System Shock 2, only in a completely different setting.

I think that Bioshock will easily be the best game out of the two.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lockedge
[QUOTE="dunamistheou"]Crysis will be technically and artistically [better] than Bioshock. However, I think UT2007 will have more replay value even though the UE3 isn't as DX10-specific as the engine powering Crysis. I think Bioshock is, well, rather dumb, and will probably get an 8.2 on the PC side of things.

Personally, for Crysis to be artistically better than Bioshock, it would need to recieve a complete overhaul, or have a bunch of incredible art direction hidden away from any trailers we've seen so far. Crysis will have better technical visuals, but Bioshock's art direction has impressed me so far, moreso than Crysis's cut and dry visuals.
jbkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jbkilla
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts

Crysis will be technically and artistically [better] than Bioshock. However, I think UT2007 will have more replay value even though the UE3 isn't as DX10-specific as the engine powering Crysis. I think Bioshock is, well, rather dumb, and will probably get an 8.2 on the PC side of things.dunamistheou

What are you talking about crysis may look technically better but definitely not artistically.I haven't seen any game with an art style like Bioshock, while crysis just looks like an upgraded farcry.

Avatar image for NegativeBalance
NegativeBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NegativeBalance
Member since 2004 • 622 Posts
"What are you talking about crysis may look technically better but definitely not artistically.I haven't seen any game with an art style like Bioshock, while crysis just looks like an upgraded farcry." See this is the common response from those who dont actually know anything about the game. Crysis is NOT a generic cookie cutter shooter or "farcry with dx 10 graphics". The game has a nonlinear plot where each map has multiple objectives with different solutions. Things you do and people you kill actually effect the outcomes of the game and set you on a different path. Have y'all seen the gameplay vids? You can modify your body on the fly and customize weapons and abilities. You can jump from roof to roof or bat people around wih your fists. There is a lot more gameplay here than just run and shoot. On the graphics end I find the game very artistic. The crashed asteroid fills the sky and looks like something out of a movie. Its a very realistic look crysis has but that does not make it aesthetically bland. Would you say HL2 was not artistic? People see the graphics and assume its going to be like doom 3. Crytek is trying to push the envelope in more ways then is evident from looking at screens. Also, Crysis will have a full ream based muliplayrr mode. This is not to say bioshock is bad or worse, it looks great also but we wont know which is better until we have played through both and absorbed what each game offers.
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts
I know this is the PC forum, but my pc isn't the greatest so I will be buying Bioshock for the 360.... I honestly don't usually buy FPS the only one i ever really enjoyed was goldeneye for the n64. But from what i've seen from Bioshock I would honestly not be surprised if it scores a 9.7 and wins game of the year for 2007. Quote me on that (just incase it happens)
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
If I had to choose, I'd go with Bioshock. I am a little worried that consolization might be a detriment to the game...but it looks very cool. Crysis also looks cool, but Bioshock's atmosphere and gameplay look much more interesting to me. It doesn't look like it'll be a straight up shooter, but more like a Fist Person Adventure game reminiscent to System Shock.