Bioshock keeps crashing !!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by s_emi_xxxxx (1054 posts) -

I have DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ , 8600 GT, 1 GB Memory.. it meets minimum requirements for Bioshock and still my It keeps Crashing. I only played the first level.. the second level starts loading.... and it never loads. sometimes it crashes and sends an error report. sometimes it just dosen't repond. all i have do is End it's process using task manager. does anyone have the same problem ??? Damn.. Can't Play!!!:x

#2 Posted by eddy96_1 (1388 posts) -
hav u got the latest nvidia drivers?
#3 Posted by s_emi_xxxxx (1054 posts) -
yes... latest driver... the one i got with my graphic card.
#4 Posted by Unstoppable_1 (2005 posts) -
Sounds like you need more RAM.
#5 Posted by Unstoppable_1 (2005 posts) -
Remember minimum is just that. Game could barely run on minimum settings. Always good to have recommended.
#6 Posted by Einhanderkiller (13250 posts) -
You have to turn the High Detail Shader to 'off'. BioShock would've benefitted from a few months of extra development time to fix all the problems in both the PC and 360 versions.
#7 Posted by s_emi_xxxxx (1054 posts) -

I already tried running the game in lowest settings ( only medium textures). still it crashes. what a waste.

imma download latest driver from nvidia.com. hope it fixes teh problem.:idea:

now i believe gamespot. this game really got technical issues.. and no patches till now.

#8 Posted by t0adphr0g (882 posts) -

Running with minimum specs is not the way to go. You should NOT be surprised that the game crashes if you only have the minimum requirements for that game.

#9 Posted by thecraponahat (219 posts) -
The drivers that came with your video card are not the latest download the latest at nvidia.com had the same problem
#10 Posted by stefip (283 posts) -

You have to turn the High Detail Shader to 'off'. BioShock would've benefitted from a few months of extra development time to fix all the problems in both the PC and 360 versions.Einhanderkiller

Whathesaid,itfixedtheproblemforme.

#11 Posted by Roguetrp (219 posts) -

The drivers that came with your video card are not the latest download the latest at nvidia.com had the same problemthecraponahat

ditto. those drivers are older. The updated driver is 163.71