Bioshock Infinite Discussion, Screenshots, Videos - Keep it here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by lostshore (17 posts) -
I can't think of anything. I might play around with the driver and see what happens. Any idea which setting might affect the light shafts? I've got an nvidia card.x-2tha-z
The only time I've seen something like that personally was when I messed with the .ini files on Skyrim, regarding shadows. You might try the driver like you said, and then maybe adjust some of your video card settings out of game and see if that causes any changes. I believe nvidia released a driver update specificly when Infinite launched.
#202 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]I can't think of anything. I might play around with the driver and see what happens. Any idea which setting might affect the light shafts? I've got an nvidia card.lostshore
The only time I've seen something like that personally was when I messed with the .ini files on Skyrim, regarding shadows. You might try the driver like you said, and then maybe adjust some of your video card settings out of game and see if that causes any changes. I believe nvidia released a driver update specificly when Infinite launched.

Thanks. I'll play with the driver and see what happens. Hopefully I won't make it worse. Lol.
#203 Posted by ArchonOver (1103 posts) -

I beat the game yesterday, and... WOW. I can't really say anything else.

#204 Posted by FaustArp (1038 posts) -

So was anyone else thrilled about the plot's heavy use of Quantum Mechanics, or was it just me because I'm a Math Professor?

#205 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

So was anyone else thrilled about the plot's heavy use of Quantum Mechanics, or was it just me because I'm a Math Professor?

FaustArp
Quantum Mechanics has very little to do with Math.
#206 Posted by lockjaw333 (1741 posts) -

[spoiler] So I just finished the game last night, and I'm still trying to make sense of the ending. So...Booker and Comstock are the same person essentially, they just exist in different forms in different parallel worlds? I have a few things I wanted to bounce off of you guys and see what you think about them.

So, as far as Elizabeth goes....so Comstock, needing an heir to his throne in Columbia, went back in time to take his own infant from himself? I guess once the Letuces were able to create whatever that machine is that is able to create tears to different times/worlds, Comstock was able to use it to go back in time and take Elizabeth from Booker (himself)? I guess that sort of makes sense, but I don't understand why the Letuces would be in on that?

Are we to believe that the Letuces perhaps had regret over the whole baby snatching thing, and used the tears to travel back in time to essentially bring Booker to Columbia for a chance at redemption? Or did they realize that Columbia had gotten out of control basically, and they used Booker's regret over giving Elizabeth (Anna) away to bring him to Columbia knowing that this regret would fuel him to completely destroy Colombia and bring it all down? Again the Letuces are a strange character, their motives are somewhat unclear.

If Booker becomes Comstock once he accepts the baptism when trying to wash away the sins he committed (either during war or whatever crimes he may have committed in the past), and they both are essentially the same person, except in some worlds Booker doesn't accept the baptism, then I have two questions. What is the outcome when he DOESN'T accept the baptism? That's not really explained. Also, how do you explain the poster of Booker as the hero of the Vox Populi and leading the rebellion? How did they come to exist in the same world at that point? I just don't understand how they would end up in the same place in more than one world....considering its the Letuces who brought Booker through the tear and on the boat. Did they bring him in mutliple worlds? So their affect on the story plays out multiple ways in all of the different worlds?

So after Comstock brought Elizabeth to Colombia, he hid her in a tower...knowing that Booker would eventually come for her? How would he know that? Or did he just lock her up to isolate her, and hence brainwash her?

"There's always a city, there's always a man..."...that bit I guess ties Rapture and Colombia together into a "lots of crazy ish going on in multiple worlds that generally plays out with one crazy man creating some insane city that eventually turns to rubble" story arc.

I know this is exactly what Kevin Levine wants, for us to have some answers, yet a crapload of questions. The ending sure got me thinking from the moment Elizabeth drowned Booker. I guess that was her way of putting a stop to the cycle...but then again, will that affect every possible world and outcome?

AHHHHHHH! My head!

Your thoughts? [/spoiler]

#207 Posted by FaustArp (1038 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

SKaREO

Umm...what??

Have you ever taken a Quantum Mechanics course?  It's one of the most mathematically-intensive subjects that isn't actually math.

#208 Posted by andmcq (259 posts) -
#209 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]

FaustArp

Umm...what??

Have you ever taken a Quantum Mechanics course?  It's one of the most mathematically-intensive subjects that isn't actually math.

He's a troll. And something about Bioshock Infinite has brought it out full-force. Don't worry about it.

#210 Posted by harry_james_pot (10657 posts) -
My answers are in bold. :) [QUOTE="lockjaw333"]

[spoiler] So I just finished the game last night, and I'm still trying to make sense of the ending. So...Booker and Comstock are the same person essentially, they just exist in different forms in different parallel worlds? I have a few things I wanted to bounce off of you guys and see what you think about them.

So, as far as Elizabeth goes....so Comstock, needing an heir to his throne in Columbia, went back in time to take his own infant from himself? Not just in time. To another universe as well I guess once the Letuces were able to create whatever that machine is that is able to create tears to different times/worlds, Comstock was able to use it to go back in time and take Elizabeth from Booker (himself)? I guess that sort of makes sense, but I don't understand why the Letuces would be in on that?

Are we to believe that the Letuces perhaps had regret over the whole baby snatching thing, and used the tears to travel back in time to essentially bring Booker to Columbia for a chance at redemption? Or did they realize that Columbia had gotten out of control basically, and they used Booker's regret over giving Elizabeth (Anna) away to bring him to Columbia knowing that this regret would fuel him to completely destroy Colombia and bring it all down? Again the Letuces are a strange character, their motives are somewhat unclear.

The tears can also open into the future, that's how Comstock was getting his "visions". The Letuces knew that Elizabeth is going to make this whole Newyork getting destroyed/war thingy happen, so they decided to send her back to her original universe. But when Comstock found out, he sent Fink to sabotage their machine to kill them. But instead it caused them to be..umm.. whatever they are right now. So then they decided to bring Booker to Columbia to stop this whole thing and get Elizabeth back.

If Booker becomes Comstock once he accepts the baptism when trying to wash away the sins he committed (either during war or whatever crimes he may have committed in the past), and they both are essentially the same person, except in some worlds Booker doesn't accept the baptism, then I have two questions. What is the outcome when he DOESN'T accept the baptism? That's not really explained. Actually, it is explained. The Booker that does not accept the baptism is the one you play the game as. (I mean, one of them.. they're infinite) Also, how do you explain the poster of Booker as the hero of the Vox Populi and leading the rebellion? How did they come to exist in the same world at that point? I just don't understand how they would end up in the same place in more than one world....considering its the Letuces who brought Booker through the tear and on the boat. Did they bring him in mutliple worlds? So their affect on the story plays out multiple ways in all of the different worlds?

Exactly. They brought a lot of Bookers into Columbia. Some of them led the rebellion.

So after Comstock brought Elizabeth to Colombia, he hid her in a tower...knowing that Booker would eventually come for her? How would he know that? Or did he just lock her up to isolate her, and hence brainwash her?

He didn't build the tower right away. Like i said, the tears can open into the future. Comstock saw that Booker will eventually come and get Elizabeth, so he locked her in the tower. He knew that Booker has the "AD" mark on his hand, and he invented this whole False Shepard story

"There's always a city, there's always a man..."...that bit I guess ties Rapture and Colombia together into a "lots of crazy ish going on in multiple worlds that generally plays out with one crazy man creating some insane city that eventually turns to rubble" story arc.

I know this is exactly what Kevin Levine wants, for us to have some answers, yet a crapload of questions. The ending sure got me thinking from the moment Elizabeth drowned Booker. I guess that was her way of putting a stop to the cycle...but then again, will that affect every possible world and outcome?

Well, the idea is that all the "Comstock" universes are branched off the moment right after Booker accepts the baptism. So if he dies right then, no Comstock universes will exist.

AHHHHHHH! My head!

Your thoughts? [/spoiler]

#211 Posted by harry_james_pot (10657 posts) -
If it was clearly the same sound then I wouldn't be doubting its validity. It undermines Bioshock 1 slightly because it means some of Bioshock makes no sense without Infinite.seanmcloughlin
Well maybe you are doubting it, but others aren't. And it's just a sound that plays for a few seconds, it's not a part of the story or anything like that, so it doesn't undermine it in any way. [QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"] Let me ask you this, why would they have the Songbird sound right there and then at THAT time? think about it logically and rationally, it serves no purpose only to be "Awesome" No way in hell did they have Infinite sounds in Bio 1 and plan that far ahead. Fans are seeing things that aren't there because they want it to be true to have that extra wow factor

Ummm... If it was in any other point in the game you can still ask the same question! It was at that time because it's just is. And remember that while we can't prove it's ture, you also can't prove it's not!
#212 Posted by Ben-Buja (2836 posts) -

This is legit, I've recorded a bit in the raven house and sped it up to 900%. You can hear a song playing. I even got a different song, or a different part of the music

#213 Posted by lievenazerty (2 posts) -

So I'm having some problems while playing Bioshock Infinite with a xbox 360 controller.
First of, I'm using the DS3 tool to emulate an xbox 360 controller. In the game menus the xbox controller layout is being used, but the controller doesn't respond to anything, keyboard and mouse do work. But as soon as I start playing the character keeps turning around constantly, and this is not the first time I've had this problem Mirror's Edge also does this. Unplugging the controller doesn't do anything. And maybe this won't help but in Dishonored the controller works just fine and seeing as it's also an Unreal Engine 3 based game it makes me wonder even more.

#214 Posted by lostshore (17 posts) -

This is legit, I've recorded a bit in the raven house and sped it up to 900%. You can hear a song playing. I even got a different song, or a different part of the music

Ben-Buja
Now THAT is crazy. Gonna have to take a long, hard look at my own Let's Plays for crazy secrets if they're putting this kind of stuff in. In a good way. Nice find, and thanks for the share!
#216 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -

Ben-Buja
That's pretty crazy.
#217 Posted by edgewalker16 (2279 posts) -

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"][spoiler]   Booker = Andrew Ryan for some crazy reason  [/spoiler] seanmcloughlin

That's a pretty cast-in-stone fact, actually. [spoiler] Only those who share Ryan's genetic signature can use a bathysphere (as said in an audiolog in Bioshock 1.  Booker is able to activate the sphere, therefore, he is also Andrew Ryan/Jack/other offspring of Ryan/Jack. [/spoiler]

On point, I watched those videos and couldn't hear a damn thing.  The mind hears what it wants to hear, I guess...

No it's not a fact that's something fans made up when in actuality [spoiler] they just had Booker use the Bathysphere because Liz doesn't have and level pulling animations, the only interactive one she has like that is lock picking and you couldn't exactly lock pick the lever now. Again it's people putting things together for the sake of the wow factor when in all liklehood that aspect was probably just overlooked about the genetic stuff. [/spoiler]

And yeah it's people hearing something from nothing just because they want it to be there

You don't think it's true because some of the developers were just...lazy?
#218 Posted by kozzy1234 (35168 posts) -

So I'm having some problems while playing Bioshock Infinite with a xbox 360 controller.
First of, I'm using the DS3 tool to emulate an xbox 360 controller. In the game menus the xbox controller layout is being used, but the controller doesn't respond to anything, keyboard and mouse do work. But as soon as I start playing the character keeps turning around constantly, and this is not the first time I've had this problem Mirror's Edge also does this. Unplugging the controller doesn't do anything. And maybe this won't help but in Dishonored the controller works just fine and seeing as it's also an Unreal Engine 3 based game it makes me wonder even more.

lievenazerty

Worked fine for me, I just plugged in 360 controller and worked perfectly fine.

You have the wired 360 controller?

#219 Posted by Masculus (2830 posts) -

I finished the game and was not too excited about it's ending. It seens like an ever fertile plot device designed to bring about endless thematic sequels (or in a really shitty alternative dimension, DLC, :P ). It is just pointless and not even in good way. 

#220 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="lievenazerty"]

kozzy1234

Using DS3 tool to emulate 360 controller. He's using a PS3 controller.

#221 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

Great gameplay. Great story. Mind-blowing ending. I absolutely loved it. My GOTY for sure so far.

#222 Posted by couly (5811 posts) -

I finished the game and was not too excited about it's ending. It seens like an ever fertile plot device designed to bring about endless thematic sequels (or in a really shitty alternative dimension, DLC, :P ). It is just pointless and not even in good way. 

Masculus
yeah there's INFINITE amount of universes, therefore INFINITE amount of DLC.
#224 Posted by lievenazerty (2 posts) -

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="lievenazerty"]

the_bi99man

Using DS3 tool to emulate 360 controller. He's using a PS3 controller.

Yes indeed I was using a PS3 controller, but that wasn't the problem. So to everyone that also gets this problem in the future: I solved the problem, and it had nothing to do with the DS3 tool, but in fact the Unified Remote server on my pc was acting as a game controller. I haven't tried if you can simply turn it of (I just deleted it since I don't really use anymore). And the problems in Mirror's Edge are gone to.
#225 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -
just finished it on hard first PT, got all voxophones and infusions but managed to miss a telescope/kinetoscope and i was looking like a mofo -.- . Amazing game with one if not the best ending i've seen in a video game. I will be mad if there's no Bioshock titles in the future, game is so boss.
#226 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

just finished it on hard first PT, got all voxophones and infusions but managed to miss a telescope/kinetoscope and i was looking like a mofo -.- . Amazing game with one if not the best ending i've seen in a video game. I will be mad if there's no Bioshock titles in the future, game is so boss.silversix_

I would really like to think that Irrational is going to keep making Bioshock games, at nice lengthy intervals, and always with a new story/setting. The basic formula is so great, and as long as Ken Levine keeps coming up with interesting stories, that shits a gold mine.

And I also found on the Voxophones on my first playthrough, but missed a couple telescopes or kinetoscopes. I've actually played it through 3 times now, and there's still one that eludes me.

#227 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]just finished it on hard first PT, got all voxophones and infusions but managed to miss a telescope/kinetoscope and i was looking like a mofo -.- . Amazing game with one if not the best ending i've seen in a video game. I will be mad if there's no Bioshock titles in the future, game is so boss.the_bi99man

I would really like to think that Irrational is going to keep making Bioshock games, at nice lengthy intervals, and always with a new story/setting. The basic formula is so great, and as long as Ken Levine keeps coming up with interesting stories, that shits a gold mine.

And I also found on the Voxophones on my first playthrough, but missed a couple telescopes or kinetoscopes. I've actually played it through 3 times now, and there's still one that eludes me.

I am the perfectionist explorer in these types of games and I still managed to miss about 10 voxaphones, several infusions and a few telescopes. They must have hid some of those pretty good. :P

#228 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]just finished it on hard first PT, got all voxophones and infusions but managed to miss a telescope/kinetoscope and i was looking like a mofo -.- . Amazing game with one if not the best ending i've seen in a video game. I will be mad if there's no Bioshock titles in the future, game is so boss.Cwagmire21

I am the perfectionist explorer in these types of games and I still managed to miss about 10 voxaphones, several infusions and a few telescopes. They must have hid some of those pretty good. :P

Yeah after the three runs i'm starting to think the last telescope is glitched or something. I can't imagine there's any corner left i haven't seen.

#229 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Finished the game again on 1999 mode. Had some annoying parts but overall it wasn't that hard. My main Vigor was Devil's Kiss. My weapons were Shotgun and Sniper Rifle.
#230 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

I really like the game so far, it looks absoutely amazing but I can't help but feel like the gameplay is missing something. Its just loosing my interest. It would help out alot if there was more enemy variety and more imaginative guns than just a shotgun, sniper, pistol, rifel ect. 

#231 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

I really like the game so far, it looks absoutely amazing but I can't help but feel like the gameplay is missing something. Its just loosing my interest. It would help out alot if there was more enemy variety and more imaginative guns than just a shotgun, sniper, pistol, rifel ect. 

Gibsonsg527

Yah, the two gun limit is pretty lame as well.

#232 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

Cwagmire21

The gun selection and two gun limit was definitely a more modern FPS style, that was quite a departure from the Bioshock style. It certainly could have been better, but I thought it made up for it with a smaller, but more effective and fun selection of powers, and the skyline fighting. That and the gunplay itself felt better, I think. 

#233 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

the_bi99man

The gun selection and two gun limit was definitely a more modern FPS style, that was quite a departure from the Bioshock style. It certainly could have been better, but I thought it made up for it with a smaller, but more effective and fun selection of powers, and the skyline fighting. That and the gunplay itself felt better, I think. 

Yeah, the vigors were pretty cool, but I found myself out of salts 75% of the time. I know there's that piece of equipment that gives you salts back on kills, but I never found it. :(

#234 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

Cwagmire21

Imo its the game's biggest draw back. I think it was probably the worst decision they made in the game. There were just so many battles where I just wanted to use the carbine or handcannon but the game constantly kept spamming enemies with machine guns shotguns. The two weapon limit wouldn't be so bad if they let you select what guns you wanted to carry with you at the armory vending machines. The game often forces you to carry a heavy weapon too so you really can only carry one gun you prefer. 

#235 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="Gibsonsg527"]

the_bi99man

I never played the original Bioshock so I couldn't really compare it to Infinite, but the gunplay did feel good and responsive and the skyline combat areas were really cool but I never really found myself using a wide selection of vigors. I just mostly used possesion, shock and the crows. 

#236 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Gibsonsg527

I never played the original Bioshock so I couldn't really compare it to Infinite, but the gunplay did feel good and responsive and the skyline combat areas were really cool but I never really found myself using a wide selection of vigors. I just mostly used possesion, shock and the crows. 

Hmm. I might have to give it another playthrough and try to use the crows more often. I never really did. I used the hell out of Devil's Kiss. Fully upgraded, dropping charged up traps, with the "Storm" hat (makes effect spread to other enemies when you kill someone with Devil's Kiss/Shock/Bucking Bronco), Devil's Kiss is actually kind of OP. Once I got the blood for salts shirt, that combo made most of 1999 mode a cakewalk.

#237 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Cwagmire21

Yeah, the vigors were pretty cool, but I found myself out of salts 75% of the time. I know there's that piece of equipment that gives you salts back on kills, but I never found it. :(

Oh yeah, that's too bad. My first playthrough I found that one pretty early. Without it, you pretty much have to rely on Elizabeth to find you salts during battle. She's usually pretty good about it, but it's real easy to find yourself dry. 

#238 Posted by ForsakenWicked (3731 posts) -
I bought the game on Sunday and I'm having a blast. I knew the game would be good but not this good.
#239 Posted by Basinboy (11070 posts) -

Finally, an honest review of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc15KgfNJsw

andmcq
Not watching this guy drivel on for 16+ minutes. I could only stand to watch about 2 minutes of his video before dismissing everything he was saying. I want my view back.