binkw32.dll error when trying to run a game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by neatfeatguy (3457 posts) -

Has anyone else come across this error when trying to run a game? I've tried searching online to find a solution, but I haven't been able to come across anything that'll fix the error.

I've updated all my drivers (sound, video, bios, etc...). I've tried downloading a binkw32.dll file and following the directions on where to install the file on my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times...but I cannot fix the error.

After I downloaded the binkw32.dll file and followed directions, I got a new error. I now get an error that goes something like this:

cannot find point_BinkCopyToBufferRect@44

I cannot figure out what to do. I'm not running an illegal copy of a game. I just purchased it, it game in the mail a few days ago and it's brand new, unopened (that is until I opened it and tried installing).

The game is Demon Stone, if anyone cares or needs to know....

I suppose it's not a big loss to me if I can't get the game running, because I picked it up for like $6 or $7. But I would like to play. I've never come across any error like this before on any PC game I've installed over the past 8-9 years I've been a PC gamer.

#2 Posted by neatfeatguy (3457 posts) -

In case anyone is curious, I solved the problem of the binkw32.dll error.

Once I installed the game, I had to open the folder the game was installed in (C:\Program Files\Atari\Demon Stone) and I made a copy of the binkw32.dll fileI found.

I then copied the file into my C:\Windows\System directory. The game runs now without any problems.

#3 Posted by Tehgiggles (736 posts) -
Cool, glad you worked it out
#4 Posted by noiseyreddy1958 (1 posts) -
tried the programs below but niether will let me register why?
#5 Posted by Cronus577 (2 posts) -
Im getting the same problem, except I dont have a C:\Windows\System Directory folder, can someone help?
#6 Posted by simardbrad (2355 posts) -

bink32 is the 32 bit DLL file for bink video files.

the issue is you are on 64 bit and it forgot to copy over the 32 bit dll, no big deal though it still works even with the error messages.

#7 Posted by Johnny_Rock (40113 posts) -

Im getting the same problem, except I dont have a C:\Windows\System Directory folder, can someone help?Cronus577

Your system folder is probably hidden.

(For XP)

Start > My Documents > Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden Files and Folders.

Now you should be able to see the system folder.

#8 Posted by Cronus577 (2 posts) -
Thanks, found it but now i'm getting instead of cannot find binkw32.dll error im getting a "The procedure entry point _BinkGetFrameBuffersInfo@8 could not be located inthe dynamic link library binkw32.dll"
#10 Posted by simardbrad (2355 posts) -

this forum doesn't condone piracy, you just posted information on how to download a no-cd crack...

also, go buy the game plox

#11 Posted by Threesixtyci (4287 posts) -

...and you just resurrected a thread that's 3 months old since the last post; and over 2 years old from the original post. Besides that binkw32.dll is basicly a movie player for in-game bink movies. It would have nothing to do with a no-cd, crack. That error happens when the game is using the wrong version of binkw32.dll than it was designed for.

#12 Posted by simardbrad (2355 posts) -

...and you just resurrected a thread that's 3 months old since the last post; and over 2 years old from the original post. Besides that binkw32.dll is basicly a movie player for in-game bink movies. It would have nothing to do with a no-cd, crack. That error happens when the game is using the wrong version of binkw32.dll than it was designed for.

Threesixtyci

2 months

#13 Posted by lolpingu (136 posts) -

Hey thanks! i had the same problem with assassin's creed 2, so i copied binkw32.dll to c:\windows\system and this error was solved.

#14 Posted by donamel (1 posts) -
I have the same problem with Mafia 2,nut can't find that folder System Directory I use Windows 7
#15 Posted by XXI_World (2050 posts) -

[QUOTE="Threesixtyci"]

simardbrad

2 months

Nitpicking isn't good.

#16 Posted by Raine112 (1 posts) -
It Still Gives Me The Same .......... .dll Error Please Someone Help Me do me a tutorial with Steps Like: 1. ................................ 2. ................................ etc.
#17 Posted by bossualexandru (1 posts) -
I did exactly as i said and it's telling me that it "failed to initialize the emulator". Any ideas??
#18 Posted by RasmusPeter1997 (1 posts) -
i have empire at war gold pack but it dus has a problem it says cannot find _binkDX9SurfaceType@4 in the DLL-binkw32.dll what kan i do!!
#19 Posted by Lonni777 (2 posts) -
yes it happens to me too im still trying to find a solution for this =\ P.S: if anyone can help that would be very nice :)
#20 Posted by Lonni777 (2 posts) -
WHAT system u use ,windows 7 ?
#21 Posted by Pranav37 (1 posts) -
I get an error "The procedure entry point_BinkShouldSkip@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll" when i try to open the crack of James Bond Blood Stone. Plz help