Big PC Exclusives of 2015, 2016 & 2017. NEW !

#1 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

This is refreshed list. Games from 2014 have been removed. Now it's all about this year and next years. Some bad looking survival games from Early Access are also removed. From now on, only games that show some sort of promise will be included. It's all about quality over quantity now.

.

AA and AAA Only. No low budget 2D platformers, 8 bit games, DayZ rip offs etc.

I may have missed a lot of games so please feel free to name a few in the comments .

Note : Games are named PC exclusive based on Official announcements from developers so far , everything can change in the future .

***Thread will be updated as more games are announced***

.

Broken Age (timed exclusive)

Genre : Point and Click Adventure

Developer: Double Fine

Trailer

Star Citizen + Squadron 42

Genre : Space Sim . Story driven SP Campaign (SQ42) + Open world MMO (SC)

Developer: Cloud Imperium Games

Partners: Turbulent, Void Alpha, Behavior, The Imaginarium Studios, Warhorse Studios

Sister Company: Foundry 42

Trailer

The Forest (timed exclusive)

Genre : Open World Survival Horror Game

Developer: Endnight Games

Trailer

Routine

Genre : Survival Horror

Developer: Lunar Software

Trailer

Reset

Genre : Open World Puzzle Game

Developer: Theory Interactive

Trailer

A Hat in Time

Genre : Platformer

Developer: Gears for Breakfast

Trailer

Eve Valkyrie

Genre : Space Sim

Developer: CCP Games

Trailer

Fortnite

Genre : Base building , Coop Survival

Developer: Epic Games

Trailer

Dreamfall Chapters

Genre : Adventure Game

Developer: Red Thread Games

Trailer

Pillars of Eternity... Released

Genre : Party Based RPG

Developer: Obsidian

Trailer

Ghost of a Tale (timed exclusive)

Genre : Action Game

Developer: SeithCG

Trailer

Galactic Civilization 3

Genre : Turn Based Strategy

Developer: Stardock

Trailer

Survarium

Genre : Online- Free to Play Shooter

Developer: Vostok Games

Trailer

Torment Tides of Numenera

Genre : Turn Based RPG

Developer: inXile

Trailer

Cyberpunk 2077

Genre : Open World Cyberpunk RPG

Developer: CD Projekt Black

Trailer

Satellite Reign

Genre : Squad based strategy

Developer: 5 Lives Studio

Trailer (Pre alpha)

Heroes of the Storm

Genre : MOBA

Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

Trailer

1. EverQuest Next (Main Game)

2. Landmark (Prequel)

Genre : MMOs

Developer: Daybreak Game Company (Formally known as SOE)

Trailer

Kerbal Space Program

Genre : Simulation

Developer: Squad

Trailer

Limit Theory

Genre : Space Sim

Developer: Josh Parnell

Trailer

Starcraft 2 : Legacy of the void

Genre : Real Time Strategy

Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

Trailer

Syberia 3

Genre : Adventure Game

Developer: Anuman Interactive (Under brand of 'Microids')

Syberia 2 - Trailer

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

Genre : Role Playing Game

Developer: TaleWorlds

In-Engine Footage

Asylum

Genre : Survival Horror

Developer: Senscape

Trailer

Wreckfest (Next Car Game)

Genre : Racing Game

Developer: Bugbear Entertainment

Trailer

Kingdom Come : Deliverance (timed exclusive)

Genre : Open World , Realistic Medieval RPG

Developer: Warhorse Studios

Trailer

Grim Dawn

Genre : Open World ARPG

Developer: Crate Entertainment

Trailer

Grey Goo... Released

Genre : Real Time Strategy

Developer: Petroglyph

Trailer

Black Desert

Genre : Open World MMO

Developer: Pearl Abyss

Trailer

Ultimate General : Gettysburg

Genre : RTS

Developer: Game-Labs

Trailer

Firewatch

Genre : Exploration

Developer: Campo Santo

Gameplay

The Mandate

Genre : Space RPG

Developer: Perihelion Interactive

Trailer

Homeworld: Remastered... Released

Genre : Space RTS (Sci Fi)

Developer: Blackbird Interactive, Gearbox, Relic Entertainment

Trailer

Serious Sam 4

Genre : Old School FPS

Developer: Crow Team

(No Trailer Available Yet)

Unreal Tournament

Genre : Arena Shooter

Developer: Epic Games

Trailer

Killing Floor 2 (timed exclusive)

Genre : First Person Shooter

Developer: Tripwire

Trailer

Dreadnought

Genre : Air Combat (F2P Multiplayer + Episodic Campaign)

Developer: Yager

Trailer

Northern Shadow

Genre : Open World Fantasy RPG with City building elements

Developer: Arda Gunes & Taner Tezel

Trailer

Toxikk

Genre : Old School Arena Shooter

Developer: Reakktor

Trailer

Might and Magic Heroes VII

Genre : Turn based RPG

Developer: Limbic Entertianment

Trailer

Act of Agression

Genre : RTS

Developer: Eugen Sytems

Trailer

Recruits

Genre : Top Down Shooter

Developer: Commotion Games Pty

Preview

Cities : Skylines... released

Genre : City building Simulation

Developer: Colossal Order

Trailer

Total War : ATTILA... Released

Genre : RTS

Developer: Creative Assembly

Trailer

Dirty Bomb

Genre : First Person Shooter

Developer: Splash Damage

Trailer

Overwatch

Genre : Multiplayer FPS

Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

Trailer

Lost Ark

Genre : MMORPG

Developer: Smilegate

Trailer

Lineage Eternal

Genre : MMORPG

Developer: NCsoft

Trailer

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Genre: Cyberpunk cRPG

Developer: Harebrained Schemes

[No Trailer Yet]

Total War: Warhammer

Genre: Fantasy RTS

Developer: Creative Assembly

Trailer

Homeworld: Shipbreakers

Genre: Sci Fi RTS

Developer: Blackbird Interactive

[No Trailer Yet]

Sword Coast: Legends

Genre: DnD RPG

Developer: N-Space and Digital Extremes

Trailer

We Are The Dwarves!

Genre: Real Time Tactics

Developer: Whale Rock Games

Trailer

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2... released

Genre: Point and Click Adventure

Developer: KingArt Games

Trailer

My Best Exclusive of the year so far: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

#2 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4080 posts) -

Pretty much want to play most of those games... Especially the space combat and survival horror games. I just hope some make it this year as I have a feeling will be delayed till 2015. Hope not though.

#3 Edited by Horgen (110950 posts) -

I need to bookmark this thread... And find the interesting games on Steam/Origin/Uplay and add to my wish list.

Or just add them to this post:

  • Star Citizen
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • The Forest
  • Routine
  • Reset
  • Eden Star
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Syberia 3 (Or 2)
  • Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord
  • Legend of Grimrock 2
  • Asylum
  • Kingdom Come : Deliverance

I think that is all

#4 Posted by blangenakker (2584 posts) -

Looks like a nice variety

#5 Posted by PredatorRules (8786 posts) -

PC gaming is dying.... ;)

#6 Edited by naz99 (1779 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: much respect and thank you for the hard work putting this up...I will follow you when I get home from work....and I dont follow anyone :p

Also I suppose kerbal space program can go on the list seeing as it's not technically released yet

#7 Posted by Arthas045 (5508 posts) -

Man I am excited for a lot of those games listed! The ones that I am really really excited for are Heroes of the Storm and Lifeless Planet among others........ ITS TO MANY AHHHHHHHHHH

I have given up on Fortnite it has been a long time since we seen anything from it.

#8 Edited by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

That´s a pretty impressive list of titles,several of them look pretty amazing.

#9 Edited by naz99 (1779 posts) -

You should post this in system wars,then watch the stupid roll in,would be hours of fun...:p

#10 Posted by Gamerno66666 (175 posts) -

So many games to play, such littlte time. :(

BTW tropico 5 is also coming to ps4.

#11 Posted by kraken2109 (13212 posts) -

Nice thread, plenty of great looking games I hadn't heard of.

#12 Edited by pyro1245 (1073 posts) -

wow. good list.

#13 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -
@naz99 said:

@Cloud_imperium: much respect and thank you for the hard work putting this up...I will follow you when I get home from work....and I dont follow anyone :p

Also I suppose kerbal space program can go on the list seeing as it's not technically released yet

Thanks bro , much appreciated . Going to add KSP and Rust there as well :-)

@naz99 said:

You should post this in system wars,then watch the stupid roll in,would be hours of fun...:p

I do not have 500 posts on forums , so I can't post this in system wars right now :-p

#14 Edited by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

I. Want. Them. ALL! I'm PUMPED for what's ahead! :D

#16 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@LiquidGold said:

Great list Cloud, I would literally play nearly everything there, I liked the Satellite Reign, the game syndicate reboot should've been. If you can update your list add in U55- End End Of Line & DarkWood.

Good list bro 5*

I thought U55 was canceled .?

#18 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@LiquidGold said:

It got a green light on steam so should still be coming, check out Stasis as well, a sci-fi/horror/adventure You can download the alpha from his website, its 1 guy making it alone. Its really good though worth a playthrough.

After being green lit on steam , they headed to kickstarter but due to lack of coverage it was not funded . May be someday they'll come back and will try to fund it through early access like Next Car Game . As for other games I'll check them out , thanks ;-)

#19 Edited by pelvist (5223 posts) -

New trailer for The Forest, cant wait to play this in VR!

Loading Video...

#20 Posted by BattleSpectre (6874 posts) -

My finger got tired from scrolling down the page, GOD DAMN.

#21 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@pelvist said:

New trailer for The Forest, cant wait to play this in VR!

Loading Video...

Updated old trailer with new one . Looks epic !

#22 Edited by Postosuchus (373 posts) -

Man some of those trailers look really appealing, better get some of my backlog out of the way. Many thanks Cloud Imperium for creating this. A correction(?) and nitpick though: Cyberpunk 2077 is probably not exclusive

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/12/cyberpunk-2077-most-probably-will-come-to-next-gen-but-theres-nothing-to-announce-yet-says-cdp/

and Divinity Original Sin and Might and Magic are better classified as turn-based RPGS, not action.

Edit: somehow missed your disclaimer about what qualifies as exclusive. Nevermind about Cyberpunk in that case.

#23 Posted by nutcrackr (12834 posts) -

Age of Wonders 3?

#24 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

Age of Wonders 3?

Will add that as well :-)

#25 Posted by Horgen (110950 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@nutcrackr said:

Age of Wonders 3?

Will add that as well :-)

You will add it tto the bottom of the list right?

#26 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@horgen123: I just added Age of Wonders 3 :-)

@Postosuchus said:

Man some of those trailers look really appealing, better get some of my backlog out of the way. Many thanks Cloud Imperium for creating this. A correction(?) and nitpick though: Cyberpunk 2077 is probably not exclusive

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/12/cyberpunk-2077-most-probably-will-come-to-next-gen-but-theres-nothing-to-announce-yet-says-cdp/

and Divinity Original Sin and Might and Magic are better classified as turn-based RPGS, not action.

Edit: somehow missed your disclaimer about what qualifies as exclusive. Nevermind about Cyberpunk in that case.

I've fixed the genre description of those games . Thanks for info .

#27 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@horgen123: I just added Age of Wonders 3 :-)

@Postosuchus said:

Man some of those trailers look really appealing, better get some of my backlog out of the way. Many thanks Cloud Imperium for creating this. A correction(?) and nitpick though: Cyberpunk 2077 is probably not exclusive

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/12/cyberpunk-2077-most-probably-will-come-to-next-gen-but-theres-nothing-to-announce-yet-says-cdp/

and Divinity Original Sin and Might and Magic are better classified as turn-based RPGS, not action.

Edit: somehow missed your disclaimer about what qualifies as exclusive. Nevermind about Cyberpunk in that case.

I've fixed the genre description of those games . Thanks for info .

#28 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

I've noticed that survival horror games are becoming big now.

#29 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17478 posts) -

Betrayer is out now, looks really good to be honest:

Loading Video...

#30 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Betrayer is out now, looks really good to be honest:

Loading Video...

Wow . Thanks :-)

#31 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17478 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Wow . Thanks :-)

You're welcome. And thank you for this awesome thread ! Lots of great games coming to PC, good times ahead :)

#32 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Wow . Thanks :-)

You're welcome. And thank you for this awesome thread ! Lots of great games coming to PC, good times ahead :)

Yep . Sadly websites like gamespot doesn't cover games like these and only deal with articles related to Titanfall and Xbox VS PS4 for click baits .

#33 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17478 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Wow . Thanks :-)

You're welcome. And thank you for this awesome thread ! Lots of great games coming to PC, good times ahead :)

Yep . Sadly websites like gamespot doesn't cover games like these and only deal with articles related to Titanfall and Xbox VS PS4 for click baits .

Yeah, but that's the reality. I don't see it as sad. PC has games that appeal to a great number of niches, which makes it very unique and very appealing to some people, but the games and genres stay niche and don't get the coverage that big (console) games get.

And in the end PC wins I think because it gets big games like Titanfall and Watch Dogs which get lots of coverage and very small, niche games.

Console games also get more coverage because they are fewer and more far between. Lots of hype is build up around them i.e. Halo or Infamous because they need to sell systems. The companies behind those games spend a lot of money on marketing and getting in the press. Money that a lot of PC developers don't have, or that they want to spend on other aspects.

But PC does have a great community of people that are willing to put time into threads like these to inform eachother what games are coming out :)

#34 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Wow . Thanks :-)

You're welcome. And thank you for this awesome thread ! Lots of great games coming to PC, good times ahead :)

Yep . Sadly websites like gamespot doesn't cover games like these and only deal with articles related to Titanfall and Xbox VS PS4 for click baits .

Yeah, but that's the reality. I don't see it as sad. PC has games that appeal to a great number of niches, which makes it very unique and very appealing to some people, but the games and genres stay niche and don't get the coverage that big (console) games get.

And in the end PC wins I think because it gets big games like Titanfall and Watch Dogs which get lots of coverage and very small, niche games.

Console games also get more coverage because they are fewer and more far between. Lots of hype is build up around them i.e. Halo or Infamous because they need to sell systems. The companies behind those games spend a lot of money on marketing and getting in the press. Money that a lot of PC developers don't have, or that they want to spend on other aspects.

But PC does have a great community of people that are willing to put time into threads like these to inform eachother what games are coming out :)

Yep , I agree with you . And thanks :-)

#35 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17345 posts) -

Space games again. Awesome.

#36 Posted by Horgen (110950 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Betrayer looks really cool!

#37 Posted by stizzal13 (609 posts) -

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised by the list. It looks like there are some really good games on it. Given my backlog, I should be playing these games sometime in 2017. lol

#38 Posted by pelvist (5223 posts) -

A couple of games I saw at EGX this weekend that are worth mentioning:

Monstrum: A first person horror game that is set for release late Q3 2014. Players find themselves on an abandoned ship that was built in the 70s and have to locate resources to help evade the monsters that hunt you and fix up an escape route. The game features a procedurally generated maze like environment and can be played with or without the Oculus Rift.

Dream: Currently in early access on Steam, an atmospheric exploration game filled with puzzles and secrets. You play as Howard Phillips, a graduate who gains an obsession with dreams only to confront mislaid concerns in the form of nightmares. This game can also be played with or without the Oculus Rift. I have 33% discount codes for Dream, soanyone who is interested just PM me for one. (Valid till 6th April).

#39 Edited by groowagon (3025 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077 is not a PC exclusive. atleast they already told back in 2012 that it's planned for both next-gen consoles.

also not many of these are "big" titles, but more like indie. looking very good, nevertheless.

#40 Posted by Sleepyz (3788 posts) -

7 days to die and the dead linger are promising exploration/crafting games in early access on Steam. Craft the world, Starbound, space engineers, planet explorers are also early access and are pretty good already.

Just in case wanted to add to list.

#41 Posted by nicecall (528 posts) -

GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!!

MUST HAVE THIS.

Don't care about any of the other pc stuff right now, I just finished a Gauntlet Legends/Dark Legacy game run and I must say I need more gauntlet!

#42 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@groowagon said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is not a PC exclusive. atleast they already told back in 2012 that it's planned for both next-gen consoles.

also not many of these are "big" titles, but more like indie. looking very good, nevertheless.

1.

Thread description :

"Note : Games are named PC exclusive based on Official announcements from developers so far , everything can change in the future ."

CDPR Announcement :

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-probably-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one/1100-6415559/

"It most probably will be," he said. "But we can't confirm or deny because it's too early for that."

2.

Depends on opinion : For me a game with full voice acting , soundtrack , great visuals and gameplay (Like most of these games) are more AAA than mainstream press A to win interactive movies/garbage .

#43 Edited by pelvist (5223 posts) -

@nicecall said:

GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!! GAUNTLET!!

MUST HAVE THIS.

Don't care about any of the other pc stuff right now, I just finished a Gauntlet Legends/Dark Legacy game run and I must say I need more gauntlet!

Cant wait for Gauntlet, used to love this game on my Amstrad CPC back in the day.

#44 Posted by attirex (845 posts) -

All those games suck. Will maybe get one or two from the bargain bin in six months.

(somebody had to say it, right?)

#45 Posted by persuader9799 (6 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: there are at least 4 games on that list that are going to be on other devices EVE Valkyrie on ps4 using Morpheus, kingdom come deliverance on ps4 and probably Xbox one, among the sleep also on ps4, and broken sword 5 on ps vita.

#46 Posted by Coseniath (1314 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium Great work m8!

@horgen can we sticky this? It would be nice to have a thread with upcoming releases/exclusives for PC, at least for this and the next year. :)

#48 Edited by Horgen (110950 posts) -

@Coseniath said:

@Cloud_imperium Great work m8!

@horgen can we sticky this? It would be nice to have a thread with upcoming releases/exclusives for PC, at least for this and the next year. :)

I'm all for it. Just want to hear @klunt_bumskrint opinion as well on it.

He should answer his call I hope.

#49 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -
@persuader9799 said:

@Cloud_imperium: there are at least 4 games on that list that are going to be on other devices EVE Valkyrie on ps4 using Morpheus, kingdom come deliverance on ps4 and probably Xbox one, among the sleep also on ps4, and broken sword 5 on ps vita.

@Coseniath said:

@Cloud_imperium Great work m8!

@horgen can we sticky this? It would be nice to have a thread with upcoming releases/exclusives for PC, at least for this and the next year. :)

@geniobastardo said:

@Cloud_imperium awesome work dude. My hand never ached this much.

There are a lot of good games coming to PC this year. I just wanna play'em all except for the MOBA's.

Ghost of a Tale has piqued my interest. Also Eve Valkyrie, Star Citizen, Syberia 3, CyberPunk 2077, Eden Star and The Forest looks great. I'll sure keep an eye out for them (if just an eye is enough, curse these big gaming sites!)

This is version 3.0 now .

#50 Posted by xxninja666xx (671 posts) -

PC - the platform where the indie developers can make all the simulators and horrors they want. It's like nothing else comes out these days as a PC exclusive. Only a handful of those are actually something different that is of non-inferior quality at the same time.